Thought Art

What is your end goal with self actualization?

46 posts in this topic

Where do you see yourself in 10, 20, 30 years with all the work you are doing now?

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

U cannot predict your journey after some time.for the first 5 years it maybe linear.but after that it is non linear.i am now learning and doing things that were radically different to what i thought in the begining

16 minutes ago, itachi uchiha said:

U cannot predict your journey after some time.for the first 5 years it maybe linear.but after that it is non linear.i am now learning and doing things that were radically different to what i thought in the begining

So would you say you are wondering without aim?

◭"89"

@Nahm How do you define self actualization?

I thought it meant to make actual yourself,

Is self actualization not simply reaching your highest potential as a human being? Whichever that means to you personally?

It's not the same for me as enlightenment or liberation , or some non-dual no self realization. Not the same as self realization.

◭"89"

do i see myself being somewhere some thing tomorrow morning is more like it

and no i don't

i am straining every sinew to live frenzily like a total madman for today, to squeeze every drop of juice so i can die happily

wish me luck

13 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

@Nahm How do you define self actualization?

Great question! 

I thought it meant to make actual yourself,

Who could do that though? You? How can you drive to where your car is? How can you walk to where you’re standing? 

Is self actualization not simply reaching your highest potential as a human being? Whichever that means to you personally?

If you seek the definition, google it. If you seek the connotation, you’re already experiencing it. 

It's not the same for me as enlightenment or liberation , or some non-dual no self realization. Not the same as self realization.

Inherently then, it seems to be whatever you believe it is, for you. Yet, evidenced by the question (healthy, and you should be questioning in such case imo) the knowing of what these are is not present. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm I think I am refering more to Maslow's idea of self actualization. So like, building your pyramid, life purpose, habits, knowledge, and it includes things like self realization, enlightenment, inner work, shadow work, financial health, mental health, unification of splintered ego, good posture, meaningful work, actualization of life purpose. To me that all fits underneath. 

I find the response you give in this way interesting, but it seems also difficult when we are using different definitions for Self Actualization, or letting it be a floating and personal definition, or not knowing what we mean when we share that symbol... a common definition for the context of the thread  I feel can been determined through a socratic method.

When it comes to enlightenment, etc I am still in my early process of all of this.

Um, I am. I am being.

Thats great, now I want to self actualize on my life purpose and get some juice out of this experience.

I've built a vision of the life I want within the limited framework of being a human and life on earth. To me self actualization also include the actualization of this vision. To make the vision actual. To actualized myself from the unconsciously contructed false self into a conciously constructed false self, but also to be aware of the true self. To work to embody a higher frequency. To be clear minded, stable, sober, aware, liberated and functional.

To be financial, spiritually and cosmically RICH! To me that is being actualized. To spread my wings and fly.

Hey, let me approach this with a beginners mind as well. Maybe I am using the wrong words.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

@Thought Art

Amen. ?? 

It’s all interpretation. When I see a heart, I see two which unify into a pointing below two, back to that which appears as two… when I see maslow’s pyramid, self actualization is what it points upwards to, or, that which that which is pointed to, Is. 

3 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Thought Art

Amen. ?? 

It’s all interpretation. When I see a heart, I see two which unify into a pointing below two, back to that which appears as two… when I see maslow’s pyramid, self actualization is what it point upwards to, or, that which that which is pointed to, Is. 

I am gonna have to digest this

◭"89"

@Thought Art

:)

In answer to your question, I see it literally, right in front of me, on my dreamboard, and then in the flesh. Concepts are great too, not knockin em, I just love seeing this being that, or is it that being this. (Vs future) Dunno really. Doesn’t seem to actually matter, in the sense there is really neither a dreamboard nor a flesh. 

@Thought Art Interesting question.

I don't have an end goal currently. Keep deepening my understanding of the mind and how it constructs realities. Continuing to achieve greater degree's of mastery over my emotions and state. Greater mastery over consciously shaping my reality. I'm progressing nicely in all these areas. So, continuing to master myself, which translates to more mastery over the game of life. 

Edited by Matthew85

6 hours ago, decentralized said:

It's about the journey, not the destination.

Exactly,

But, it's useful to steer the ship and have an idea of the destination

or else, it's sort of.. not a journey? if you know what I mean.

Personally I want to be very skilled at something and recognized for it socially and financially. But, apparently that is years away.

◭"89"

Goals are for people who need to score.

My goal is to not need to score anymore.

I'd like to deconstruct more assumptions, social norms, understandings, delusions, etc. about "reality" etc. via psychedelics, reading, thinking, making observations, discussing, etc.

It would be cool to inspire others or share with others the ideas that I have come up with along the way as well as get to listen to other's ideas.

I would also hope to integrate these learnings into helping change the way people (including myself) think and explore reality concepts.

It would be cool to have some impact on future generations and other non-human beings.  

I am on the border of - oh it doesn't matter if I change anything and is it really just ego that wants to change stuff and anything I do would get destroyed anyway in terms of infinity vs. oh well it would be cool anyway.

I want to live a passionate life, develop powerful skills and to be a powerful creator. 

If I can't I will kill myself. This is do or die.

◭"89"

Die teaching spirituality. Hopefully I was able to write a few good books and make thousands of videos. A few good live in students to help with survival for the foundation would be great. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

My goal is to have no goal. Should I say a gold that is ever evolving, every flowing, and ever changing. There is no purpose in my life, but rather my life is my purpose. 

I have already reached my goal of no goal lol. I'm completely content in life.