Michael Paul

Can weed be considered a psychedelic (at least in high doses)?

30 posts in this topic

Question in the title says it all. Can high doses of marijuana be considered a psychedelic, at least a mild one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IDK if it's technically a psychedelic or not, but I find sativa strains are great for contemplation if you take it seriously. I've had some genuine awakenings on weed as well.

Note that edibles produce different effects than smoked/vaped. 

Also don't disrespect it! Weed has high potential for dependence and addiction.


I don’t like sand. It’s coarse and rough and irritating… and it gets everywhere

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weed can fuck you up.


To balance beauty and complexity so perfectly is a divine mystery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, BenG said:

IDK if it's technically a psychedelic or not, but I find sativa strains are great for contemplation if you take it seriously. I've had some genuine awakenings on weed as well.

Note that edibles produce different effects than smoked/vaped. 

Also don't disrespect it! Weed has high potential for dependence and addiction.

This encapsulates my personal experience with pot very well. 

4 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Weed can fuck you up.

In a good way, bad way, or both at the same time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also don't do high doses. It makes me lose too much mental clarity.

No mental clarity => No awakening


I don’t like sand. It’s coarse and rough and irritating… and it gets everywhere

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Edibles with a pinch of caffeine before a heavy yoga session will have you fucking GONE

I've seen and been to cartoon worlds on it, the sunset felt like a painting I was melting into. Do not underestimate edibles.

Smoking on the other hand is fun but also much more addictive and nowhere near as psychedelic there really is no comparison (not to mention the shitty brain fog of smoking). 

TLDR: Take edibles, fuck smoking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a book (see link below) that claims you can combine blends of Cannabis to make it psychedelic.  But, I personally don’t believe that Cannabis is psychedelic.  It is no comparison to where Ayahausca takes me.  I quit Cannabis because it keeps me stuck in a state of paranoia

https://www.amazon.com/Psychedelic-Cannabis-Breaking-Daniel-McQueen/dp/0998320919/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=Daniel+McQueen&qid=1634011599&sr=8-2


 


Vincit omnia Veritas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve had more intense trips from THC than most people have had in their entire lives. Once you start getting into mixed jhana territory sober, THC is a completely different compound. It used to just make me a little high, horny, and lazy way back when I started. It’s crazy to see the progression. 
 

The deepest awakening I’ve ever had was on THC. Dabs seem to be the most effective but also the least predictable. Edibles are more predictable but less potent. Smoking or vaping is hit or miss. 
 

THC did not have this effect until I had done multiple heroic doses of normal psychedelics and had many psychiatric events which probably changes how my body processes THC. 

Edited by BipolarGrowth

I’ve had ~500 transformative spiritual experiences in the past 10 months. Here’s where I’m at now.
https://youtu.be/Xr2chjakYMU

“Bring your Authentic Light into the world so that others may feel confident enough to do the same.” -Māhā Ānanda aka Brandon Rohe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just learned in class that weed act as an enabler for schizophrenia.

So if you want to have a fractioned life and be trapped in a hellish mind, smoke it dog ?

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Shin said:

I just learned in class that weed act as an enabler for schizophrenia.

So if you want to have a fractioned life and be trapped in a hellish mind, smoke it dog ?

You have to have schizophrenia first, but yes the weed will trigger it. Do you really think psychedelics wouldn’t trigger that same person?

Schizophrenia is a genetic disorder; an “enabler” would just be anything that exacerbates it rather than causes it. 

Sorry to sound like I’m lecturing but defs an important point. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ry4n said:

You have to have schizophrenia first, but yes the weed will trigger it. Do you really think psychedelics wouldn’t trigger that same person?

Schizophrenia is a genetic disorder; an “enabler” would just be anything that exacerbates it rather than causes it. 

Sorry to sound like I’m lecturing but defs an important point. 

 

I know that, I wanted to sound dramatic on purpose :D

At least (non addictive) psychedelics aren't mainstream and addictives, weed is everywhere and is shitty for your health and have very little benefits outside of "oh man I'm so high".


God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually switched from Delta-9 (regular weed) to Delta-8 (which is legal in most places - D9 is also legal here, but I digress). D8 has produced much less anxiety and a far "cleaner" / more contemplative state of mind than standard weed. I find that a few puffs of Delta-8, with a healthy helping of CBD, is a guaranteed gateway to nondual states. My favorite practice is to notice all sensory fields as "not me, not mine" and gradually loosen the reins of control. Eventually the senses recede into a sort of boundless expanse, or a void, that is absolutely blissful. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@OneHandClap I’ve smoked regular Delta 9, Delta 8 and even Delta 10 in various forms, including flower and dabs. I like Delta 8 and Delta 10 a lot, they seem to reduce the ‘trippy head high’ of regular THC significantly while keeping the relaxation element of weed intact. For me personally, they help me retain the psychological clarity I desire while being high.

@EmptyVase Interesting and good point.

@BipolarGrowth When I was younger, I definitely had some nondual awakenings while high without understanding the significance or context of those awakenings. Took me awhile to integrate them and even understand what they were, but they were very powerful.

@Jodistrict Thanks for the information source, I’m definitely going to give it a look.

@Ry4n Thanks for the insight, seems as though edibles definitely produce a more psychedelic effect, if you can call it that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Much like everything else, weed has potential to be whatever you want it to be. If it's readily available, you enjoy it, and you're aware of the benefits/risks, then you can absolutely use it as a psychedelic. Psychedelics produce changes in perception, mood and cognitive processes; weed does the same thing. You should be setting your intention before using it. I, like others have stated, have had some major breakthroughs while high. I'd say that smoking was the catalyst to the start of my enlightenment journey. 

Do your own research, and by that I mean,  act as your own test subject and see what works best for you and what you want out of the experience. That is the only way to know the true answer for yourself. It may be completely different for someone else. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Michael Paul said:

@OneHandClap I’ve smoked regular Delta 9, Delta 8 and even Delta 10 in various forms, including flower and dabs. I like Delta 8 and Delta 10 a lot, they seem to reduce the ‘trippy head high’ of regular THC significantly while keeping the relaxation element of weed intact. For me personally, they help me retain the psychological clarity I desire while being high.

@EmptyVase Interesting and good point.

@BipolarGrowth When I was younger, I definitely had some nondual awakenings while high without understanding the significance or context of those awakenings. Took me awhile to integrate them and even understand what they were, but they were very powerful.

@Jodistrict Thanks for the information source, I’m definitely going to give it a look.

@Ry4n Thanks for the insight, seems as though edibles definitely produce a more psychedelic effect, if you can call it that. 

How is Delta-10? I have never used it (or even seen it, lol). But I definitely agree that D8 has a clearer headspace to it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@OneHandClap Delta 10 is very nice in my opinion, even subtler than D8 but kind of gives you a slight cosmic vibe and calming effect without being anywhere near overwhelming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Michael Paul said:

@OneHandClap Delta 10 is very nice in my opinion, even subtler than D8 but kind of gives you a slight cosmic vibe and calming effect without being anywhere near overwhelming.

Great to know. I smoked standard D9 for many years and always liked it, despite the anxiety it inevitably brought up. It feels like the D8/D10 variants are what "normal" people always felt when they smoked and remained functional throughout the day. Also excellent choices for watching movies, it seems ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another thing came to mind.

Whether weed is a psychedelic highly depends on the person taking it, just as it is the case with MDMA or shrooms. You can get very little out of it, or profound teachings and experiences. Even the sober experience can be psychedelic, but again, that depends on the person.

I actually broke through to the cosmic OM sound on weed. I started the OM mantra by myself, but at one point, I was sucked in by what felt like thousands of different voices, chanting OM. This cosmic OM was accompanied by an overwhelming sensation of feeling welcomed. It didn't take long until I was just one of the many voices, chanting and bathing in the bliss of being.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weed is even better when focused on somatic sensations instead of thought processes. Do a proper foam rolling workout during an edible trip. Its something else. Not necessarily fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now