EternalForest

How do we have free will if God chooses the consequences?

40 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Obviously there is NOT only "you" if by "you" we mean the human avatar. 

Ok, but what has the human avatar to do with your decision making? If there is only God and you are God then who is making the decision? 

@Someone here not all people are so prone to deny evidence, however it seems a disproportionate amount do when it comes to free will.  It seems to me that there are reasons that can be known why people are so in denial of reality in this one area.. such as fear of not being in control. 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

Neuroscience has long ago debunked free will. 

Of course Neuroscience is going to deny free will, because they are studying the brain but you are not the brain. You are that which created the brain and you did that willingly 

5 minutes ago, Jakuchu said:

Of course Neuroscience is going to deny free will, because they are studying the brain but you are not the brain. You are that which created the brain and you did that willingly 

but did you do it 'freely'?   This is the sticker.. what is meant by 'free'?  For anyone who presents a case for 'free will', please define 'free' for me.  Free from what, exactly? 

Edited by Mason Riggle

1 minute ago, Mason Riggle said:

but did you do it 'freely'?

No, God is kidnapped by the Yakuza and has been forced into creating a brain

13 minutes ago, Jakuchu said:

I'm not conscious that I did design my own brain.  What if I don't buy this whole God story? 

At least you can be sure that the brain exists and how it works. But not about its origin and "who" created it. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

38 minutes ago, Someone here said:

What if I don't buy this whole God story?

Then rent it or leave the store 

Edited by Jakuchu

really recommend watching leo's weekend vid on this, almost impossible to discuss this otherwise

if you didn't watch, might be worth to say so since we just spin thousands of words to no avail

@EternalForest Your question is about how it works from the relative perspective, but you can't analyse the relative perspective too much, because it's just a concept. 

Ultimately, the body-mind has cero free will.

God is doing everything, willing it into existence.

On 9/28/2021 at 6:41 AM, EternalForest said:

@Jakuchu Controlling the choices is irrelevant if I can't control the consequences.

The way you think of free will is that free means TOTALLY free.

But totally free is only the formless Godhead. Every creation/imagination/distinction means limits. Ceating an imaginary individual entity like a human, autamitcally entails millions of limits. Without limit, nothing can exist.

I think the junk food argument is pretty silly and loaded with religious morality. Leo tends to overestimate himself and his insights, thanks to psychedelics (they give a false sense of confidence).

But to your question, what does choosing the consequences have to do with free will? Ask yourself, why do you think that that would make a difference? What would be the imagined difference in there? Why would one certain case be lacking free will and the other not?

Edited by Gesundheit2

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

On 28.9.2021 at 2:51 PM, Mason Riggle said:

I don't quite understand why people are so immune to the idea that there is no free will. It's so elegant, simple, and perfect. 

So many here look for Truth and then deny it when it's staring them point blank in the face. 

Because it free's you from all responsibility. Its a same sexiness than there is in calling everything illusion and claiming there is no self. Its a copout. I have no free wil, therefore... Implications and ramifications of these beliefs can be huge.

Edited by Whatever

@Whatever I have no free will therefor what???  What are the implications? 

I think if you actually sat down and considered what the implications and ramifications would be, you might discover that it's not problematic, but rather, the opposite. 

Its a difference between fate and calling. In fate life kinda happend to you, including your choices and since thats the case nothing to do, no responsibility. In other, you are the the one who has to make choices, take responsibility and agree to be human in complex world of relationships and multiple importances. With paths that differ and one is better than another.

I know this kind of talk isnt politically correct spiritual jargon in this forum but I think its important reminder. Its my understanding that the way practiced and preached here has brought multiple people to suicide. Dont wish to free people from responsibility that your actions might part take on someones decision to commit one in future. 

On 28.9.2021 at 10:28 AM, EternalForest said:

Exactly, if I want to stay healthy, I no longer have the free will to eat what I want.

Wrong. You DO have free will. You ARE will. You ARE God the creator.

It's not like you chose to eat something and the comsequence was out of your hands. Wrong.

You chose exactly what you ate and you chose the exact comsequence you had. 

Everything IS your choice. Nothing can ever not be your choice. There is no division between you and the creator.

Please do not take anything I say as an insult. I have 17 warning points and I'd like to stay on this forum.

You are Love.

1 year meditation, 1 hour daily https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/76489-1-year-meditation-1h-daily-start-at-100122/

31 minutes ago, Gregory1 said:

Wrong. You DO have free will. You ARE will. You ARE God the creator.

It's not like you chose to eat something and the comsequence was out of your hands. Wrong.

You chose exactly what you ate and you chose the exact comsequence you had. 

Everything IS your choice. Nothing can ever not be your choice. There is no division between you and the creator.

Who is the one that has the free will? Where did the information come from that led this perceived self to “do the choosing”?

If you can explain to me how you wiggle your finger, or how you created the thought of wiggling your finger, or how you decided that wiggling finger will move junk food to the mouth, or how you built the body that eats it, then I’ll believe in free will :D

Thought about free will is the doing of infinite conditions out of your control.

Edited by aetheroar

On 9/28/2021 at 5:16 AM, Jakuchu said:

How can something else control your decision making if there is only you? 

Because the “else” is you :x

59 minutes ago, aetheroar said:

If you can explain to me how you wiggle your finger, or how you created the thought of wiggling your finger, or how you decided that wiggling finger will move junk food to the mouth, or how you built the body that eats it, then I’ll believe in free will :D

Better idea: Use your free will to know what will is. God will never be explanable

Please do not take anything I say as an insult. I have 17 warning points and I'd like to stay on this forum.

You are Love.

1 year meditation, 1 hour daily https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/76489-1-year-meditation-1h-daily-start-at-100122/

On 12/7/2021 at 9:56 AM, aetheroar said:

If you can explain to me how you wiggle your finger, or how you created the thought of wiggling your finger, or how you decided that wiggling finger will move junk food to the mouth, or how you built the body that eats it, then I’ll believe in free will 

9_9?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE