Sempiternity

5-MeO-MALT Mega-Thread

253 posts in this topic

@Happy Lizard It's really not fit for use. You can use isopropyl alcohol to spread your substance on parsley or mint and then smoke this herb mix, but the best way will always be to make a vape liquid and vape the substance exactly like people vape nicotine.

If you really don't want to get glycol and glycerine into your body, then you can use a glass pipe or electronic e-mesh method with temperature control. The first alternative is inferior in effectiveness, the second is very hard to set-up.

MintyLove has really went through most of the stuff there is, https://sites.google.com/view/mintylovesrue/home?authuser=0, I can confirm most of his advice, and I have also tried a few devices, tried vaping HCl substances, etc. 

1 hour ago, Girzo said:

@Happy Lizard It's really not fit for use. You can use isopropyl alcohol to spread your substance on parsley or mint and then smoke this herb mix, but the best way will always be to make a vape liquid and vape the substance exactly like people vape nicotine.

If you really don't want to get glycol and glycerine into your body, then you can use a glass pipe or electronic e-mesh method with temperature control. The first alternative is inferior in effectiveness, the second is very hard to set-up.

MintyLove has really went through most of the stuff there is, https://sites.google.com/view/mintylovesrue/home?authuser=0, I can confirm most of his advice, and I have also tried a few devices, tried vaping HCl substances, etc. 

E mesh vaporizer works great for me. When using 5MeO DMT I inhale for 7 seconds long and I am gone. One hit is more than enough to vaporize high dose of chem.

What settings do you use to vape HCI? 

Do you use some kind of bubbler when doing so? Vapping HCI tastes gross and 30% of chem gets burned when I do it.

3 hours ago, shree said:

What settings do you use to vape HCI? 

I didn’t say I do it. It’s a terrible idea, don’t do it, and conversion to freebase is easy to learn. 

Should I smoke DMT if I have a body injury and/or can not relax my body? I heard Leo saying that your body should be completely relaxed when tripping, that is one of the reasons why I have not done psychedelic these past years, I took acid one time and it was not like as therapeutic/nice as when I was ok.

I think I’ll skip it for the time being.

Edited by Happy Lizard

@Happy Lizard DMT? Or 5meodmt? 

Ive read some people find it help them relax their body. Can’t really offer advice though. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

On 22/10/2023 at 11:40 AM, Girzo said:

I didn’t say I do it. It’s a terrible idea, don’t do it, and conversion to freebase is easy to learn. 

Is there some tutorial on how to convert HCI to FB that you can share?

I tried it but I lost a lot of chem in the process, and it still did not vaporize, instead, it got burned.

@shree You add your substance to distilled water, around 100 ml per gram, then add washing soda Na2CO3, you can make it from baking soda NaHCO3, by heating the baking soda in an oven for 1-2 hours. Add a lot so the water gets murky and your substance starts floating in an oily form. You can cover this solution in aluminium foil and put it into freezer, maybe the oil hardens and is easier to collect. You collect it, if you have some tiny crystals you can filter them on a coffee filter. Then you dissolve your crystals and stuff from the coffee filter using some acetone, isopropyl alcohol or ethyl acetate, whatever you can get pure. Then spread you freebase solution in the solvent on a big flat glass dish and evaporate the solvent. If you are lucky you will get crystals. More probably it will be a quite hard sticky oil after scraping it from the dish with a razor. You can try eyeballing the sticky oil and vaping like that or dissolve it into PG/VG and vape in a normal nicotine vape. For always getting the crystals you would need gear and solvents used in DMT extraction.

@Girzo Thanks for sharing, where do you have this Information? Is there a video instruction for this? 

@Girzo

@shree
Hey guys. Thanks so much for sharing the resources for your emesh rigs. I'll try reading the Minty Love's resource and I'll also peruse the links that Leo has shared to a vapes website. I'm interested in smoking freebase 5-meo-dmt in a emesh vape. I want to add something new to my repertoire as I've done a bit of plugging/spraying/snorting. Experiences get very punishing on higher doses but I can't say if I get super useful insights or practical experience of nonduality.

But seeing how you've practical experience and invested your own time in researching, could you post the link to the exact device you'd buy (and maybe any mods that it needs)? That way I can save a little bit of time researching the whole shebang myself and I would probably make the wrong choice anyway as I don't have any experience vaping.

Can I buy this one?:
https://store.vaporesso.com/products/gen-x-mod

Does it need these addons?
Tanks:
https://store.vaporesso.com/collections/vape-tanks

Pods:
https://store.vaporesso.com/collections/vape-pods

Coils:
https://store.vaporesso.com/collections/vape-coils

@shree Did you manage to convert malt hcl to freebase?
I can now receive private messages but I don't think I can send any. Not sure if you can.

Edited by maxpechura

@maxpechura Tanks are not emesh, they are for liquid. Which is better for you I think because it’s simpler than emesh.

You can buy a Vaporesso vape kit. I recommend a Geek Vape Zeus Kit. 

For a vape kit, which includes a mod plus a tank, you only need to buy a syringe, propylene glicol and vegetable glicerin bottles at the vape store. Then you are done.

Mix around 0.3 ml VG with 0.7 ml PG with 1 gram 5-MeO-MALT. You can experiment with the proportions, MintyLove explains it on the website.

Also if you mess up conversion to freebase and get an oily base, then it’s easier to mix this oil with pg and vg than vape it off the mesh.

Edited by Girzo

@Girzo I notice that the vape shop I want to buy a GeekVape from has VG/PG premixes. 
You mention the following mix ratio: 30VG/70PG. The shop sells the following premix: 70VG/30PG.
I was wondering which one is correct? Did you perhaps mix up the VG/PG ratio? Or is the shop's mix made for different use case?
flavourless pg vg bottle

They also just sell pure VG and PG. So I could mix any ratio I need.

When you say that tank is easier to setup than emesh, if @shree shares the exact evape and any mods/addons he uses, couldn't I get the same results as him?

@OBEler One advantage that spraying has is that if you premix a particular amount of the chemical in an amount of water, the amount of the chemical you get per spray IS CONSTANT, i.e., you don't get variability with dosing. So, say, if you sprayed 4 sprays last time and now you spray one more than the last time, you know you're getting 25% more chemical this time. You'll have to agree that getting the dosing right can be challenging with other ROAs. 
So I've been mostly sticking with this method due to its predictability but it has a drawback in that I get a running nose for a day or two after dosing. Hard to say sometimes if I get running nose due to cold weather or the spray.

P.S. There's some irony in that I get congested nose from the 5-meo-malt spray because I then use another (decongestant) spray to battle that problem.

IMG-1186.jpg

Edited by maxpechura

@maxpechura

When using e-mesh, remember to lie down within 5-7 seconds after inhaling. Here is a list of things you need to order to set up e-mesh:

RDA

GEEKVAPE Aegis Solo 2 Battery Carrier 100 Watt

VandyVape Wire Winding Wire

It's crucial to read the updated instructions on the Minty website and follow them correctly.

I tried using the nasal spray with 5MeO MALT, but due to lack of time, I tried it only once. It worked well, but I believe that standard nasal sprays dispense too much liquid. Instead, I would use children's nasal sprays as they release much less liquid than the standard ones.

I did not attempt to convert HCL to FB again as I don't feel competent enough to do it. However, I plan to test 5MeO MALT freebase on e-mesh next week if it arrives on time. I will report my findings here if everything goes as planned.

@shree Yeah, the spray that I linked in the picture in my post above dispenses 70 mg of chemical. That's the smallest I could find. Usually, it's twice or 3 times that amount. That spray is only sold in Australia, however. So kids spray is definitely an option. 

I'll probably buy 2 tanks - RDA and tank for liquid. See which one suits me best.

@Girzo Can a 100W GeekVape be used with the liquid tank? Or do I have to get the 200W version? Shree is saying that 100W are more reliable.

Edited by maxpechura

12 hours ago, maxpechura said:

When you say that tank is easier to setup than emesh, if @shree shares the exact evape and any mods/addons he uses, couldn't I get the same results as him?

I am saying that because emesh is a HACK. It's not a proper way of using the device. It needs tinkering and service. No-one apart from the psychedelic crowd does this thing. You also need to use Chinese knock-off RDAs for that and they come with factory issues and stuff, sometimes a screw in them is too short and you have to spend a day looking for screw replacement, those kinds of issues. MintyLove discusses everything, there's no need for me to repeat after him.

12 hours ago, maxpechura said:

You mention the following mix ratio: 30VG/70PG. The shop sells the following premix: 70VG/30PG.
I was wondering which one is correct? Did you perhaps mix up the VG/PG ratio? Or is the shop's mix made for different use case?

I am correct. You want as little VG as possible. Glycerin (VG) is responsible for clouding. You don't want big clouds, you want as little smoke as possible. Ideally you would want propylene glycol (PG) only, but it's impossible, the mix would be too runny and seep between gaps of the device. 70VG/30PG is for vapers doing smoke tricks. But if you like lots of smoke feel free to use the 50/50 mix. BTW, when loading liquid remember to be quick! Otherwise the liquid will seep through the bottom and you will need to collect it and repeat the procedure, you risk loosing your liquid.

11 hours ago, maxpechura said:

Can a 100W GeekVape be used with the liquid tank? Or do I have to get the 200W version? Shree is saying that 100W are more reliable.

You are asking whether to buy a Mercedes or a Lamborghini, while in reality old rusty Honda is enough. A shittiest possible single-use 30W or less mod would be sufficient to vape psychedelics. All those bigger vapes are for vaping nerds. You don't need the Mercedes, but it's good, everything goes. 100W is all you ever need, just buy the most popular model. You are not going to be using 100W anyways. I have my Geekvape Aegis Solo 2 set to 20W only. More than enough for DMT.

Edited by Girzo

2 hours ago, Girzo said:

I am saying that because emesh is a HACK. It's not a proper way of using the device. It needs tinkering and service. No-one apart from the psychedelic crowd does this thing. You also need to use Chinese knock-off RDAs for that and they come with factory issues and stuff, sometimes a screw in them is too short and you have to spend a day looking for screw replacement, those kinds of issues. MintyLove discusses everything, there's no need for me to repeat after him.

I have found that it's not necessary to order RDA directly from China since Amazon offers RDAs that use Emesh. Although they are more expensive, their delivery times are much shorter. Additionally, the RDA from Wish was the best one that I tried for this particular purpose.

Amazon RDA´s

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/gp/product/B088LZ3X5N/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/gp/product/B09JGQGDTT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

3 hours ago, Girzo said:

You are asking whether to buy a Mercedes or a Lamborghini, while in reality old rusty Honda is enough. A shittiest possible single-use 30W or less mod would be sufficient to vape psychedelics. All those bigger vapes are for vaping nerds. You don't need the Mercedes, but it's good, everything goes. 100W is all you ever need, just buy the most popular model. You are not going to be using 100W anyways. I have my Geekvape Aegis Solo 2 set to 20W only. More than enough for DMT.

From my experience, 17-19 watts in power mode is optimal for this purpose. More than 30 watts is probably unnecessary anyway. The Aegis Solo 2 100W allegedly has a superior temperature control sensor.

9 minutes ago, shree said:

The Aegis Solo 2 100W allegedly has a superior temperature control sensor.

I have the new Solo 2 (basically the only version you can get in 2023) and it has shit temperature control. Other brands are better.

I agree with Minty on that one. (He also thinks Solo 2 is inferior.)

Edited by Girzo

3 minutes ago, Girzo said:

I have the new Solo 2 (basically the only version you can get in 2023) and it has shit temperature control. Other brands are better.

I agree with Minty on that one. (He also thinks Solo 2 is inferior.)

Dear fellow vaporent,

Ah, the Solo 2, the vaporizer that makes you feel like you're embarking on a solo adventure in a land of temperature inconsistency. It's truly remarkable how it manages to keep you on your toes, never knowing whether you'll end up with toasty marshmallow clouds or vapor thinner than your patience.

But fear not, my friend, for the Solo 2's lackluster temperature control is truly a blessing in disguise. Think of it as a humbling experience, a reminder that life is full of surprises, just like the vapor quality you'll encounter with each session. Who needs a consistent and reliable temperature anyway? That's so... ordinary.

Embrace the unpredictability, my friend! Treat each puff as a rollercoaster ride, never knowing whether you'll reach soaring heights of vaporization or end up in a disappointment-induced loop-de-loop. After all, life is all about embracing challenges and adapting to change, even if that change is the inconsistent temperature range of the Solo 2.

But hey, if you're truly seeking greener pastures, there's a whole world of vaporizers out there waiting to fulfill your temperature control desires. From the legendary Mighty that rivals the temperature precision of a NASA command center...