soos_mite_ah

Practical Ways of Dealing with Doomer Mentality

14 posts in this topic

I noticed myself going into this doomer mentality in the last couple of weeks because of the pandemic, the new variant, people not getting vaccinated, climate change, abortion laws, pulling out from Afghanistan, dealing with worsening wealth inequality  and just the general chaos that's ensuing in the world. 

At this point, I have little to no idea what I'm doing with my life and how shit is going to pan out because how unpredictable and bizarre everything is. I  feel like I'm stuck in a liminal state both personally in my life as well as collectively as far as history is being considered. This shit is just dragging on and doesn't have many signs of things getting better. Like I'm not even panicked at this point, I'm just exhausted. 

And the worst part is, we know how to deal with most of these situations. We know what we can do fix climate change. We know ways we can mitigate wealth inequality. We know how to get through this pandemic. It's just that people aren't cooperating and coordinating (for starters, idk, people in the U.S. could take the damn vaccine!?!?!?) and it's kind of exhausting when you try to take care of things on your end only for shit to backfire on you because other people didn't do their part.   

Normally, I cope with this by avoiding the news and certain content and instead focusing on my own life but lately it's been getting to me. Especially given the fact that I'm in a place with a lot of COVID deniers and people who refuse to take the vaccine. I'm reminded everyday about this shit. 

Edited by soos_mite_ah

I have faith in the person I am becoming xD

https://www.theupwardspiral.blog/

@soos_mite_ah

Keep yourself grounded as much as possible and not let events sway you from your position. Keep your mind clear of these things. Pick a hobby that will completely absorb your attention. Remember that your world is completely separated from the rest of the world and this world should be pure and sacred, it's for your life only. It should have nothing to do with the purities of the world. Also focus on mindfulness, be more in the present moment, practice self love and self care diligently, focus on the self and make it your center, look beyond past, present and future and focus first and foremost on your own personal life and goals and understand that these things are separate from the world. Consume information regularly but don't let that information dictate your everyday activities. Keep a vision board or dream board and follow that strictly. Don't talk to people that you don't get along with on topics that are uncomfortable, it's best to avoid. The more you engage yourself in a state of peace and happiness, you automatically attract better options to put your attention to and grow from there. 

Hope this helps. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

2 hours ago, soos_mite_ah said:

Normally, I cope with this by avoiding the news and certain content and instead focusing on my own life but lately it's been getting to me. 

You can always comfort yourself with the fact that there is so much more evil and wrong things going on in the world that you're not aware about and that the things you read on the news are only a tiny drop in the ocean compared to the real world behind the scenes :)

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

I'd say shadow work.

When you have certain unresolved issues, traumas and other shadow material in your psyche, one tends to project these to 'external' people and situations. Practical ways would be reading books about shadow work and heavy contemplation/journaling.

@soos_mite_ah I would say contemplate the issues that are causing you distress and notice your judgmental attitude and the character of your thoughts around those issues.

The issue is coming because you are judging those issues as bad and so you are causing yourself to suffering your own judgment. 

Learn to accept and love all aspects of reality. The universe has no issue with what you wrote above, but you are judging it. 

Maybe go one issue at a time, and see if you can just love and accept every thing associated with the issue.

Love the maga covid deniers, love the greedy billionaires if you demonize them, and so on and so forth

I don't know If this helps but I deal with it by realizing that what ever happens has a purpose and that we are guided to love.

We will be okey.

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

Focus on your LP. Don’t let the crabs pull you into their bucket. You cannot help anyone or be successful if we let human bullshit sit in our toilets. Flush bullshit out and focus on your choices. Be the example and inspiration of a good human being. That’s all you can do.

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

17 hours ago, nistake said:

I'd say shadow work.

When you have certain unresolved issues, traumas and other shadow material in your psyche, one tends to project these to 'external' people and situations. Practical ways would be reading books about shadow work and heavy contemplation/journaling

I've been doing shadow work in general. But in this particular case, what are some shadows I could look into more? 

18 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

You can always comfort yourself with the fact that there is so much more evil and wrong things going on in the world that you're not aware about and that the things you read on the news are only a tiny drop in the ocean compared to the real world behind the scenes :)

I'm confused with the logic behind this. Can you please explain ? 

1 hour ago, Raptorsin7 said:

Love the maga covid deniers, love the greedy billionaires if you demonize them, and so on and so forth

I guess I could say that I love them in that I empathize with them and I get where they are coming from/ what their thought process is. I don't have a hatred towards these people. It's just this sense of frustration and exhaustion because it's hurting all of us. 

Also, I think another thing to consider is what is acceptance. Because in some cases, acceptance means you're fine with it where as in other cases, acceptance means you acknowledge the truth of a situation regardless of whether or not you're fine with it. I do accept this situation, it's just not in the traditional way of accepting. 

1 hour ago, r0ckyreed said:

Focus on your LP. Don’t let the crabs pull you into their bucket. You cannot help anyone or be successful if we let human bullshit sit in our toilets. Flush bullshit out and focus on your choices. Be the example and inspiration of a good human being. That’s all you can do.

I've been doing that but the mentality still kicks in. 

I have faith in the person I am becoming xD

https://www.theupwardspiral.blog/

36 minutes ago, soos_mite_ah said:

I guess I could say that I love them in that I empathize with them and I get where they are coming from/ what their thought process is. I don't have a hatred towards these people. It's just this sense of frustration and exhaustion because it's hurting all of us. 

Also, I think another thing to consider is what is acceptance. Because in some cases, acceptance means you're fine with it where as in other cases, acceptance means you acknowledge the truth of a situation regardless of whether or not you're fine with it. I do accept this situation, it's just not in the traditional way of accepting. 

Not hating them and intellectually understanding their position/background is different than acceptance and love imo. 

I think you have to try to seem them and their positions as perfection and part of the greater good of reality. 

What's stopping you from being completely okay and accepting all those things that are causing you an issue?

What if you just spent a few minutes and brought to mind whatever issue there is, and then simply accepted that thing fully without judgment

Are you willing to change your mentality?

Are you willing to let go of being frustrated by covid deniers?

Are you willing to have today be the last day you are letting yourself feel down because of this?

Contemplate these questions and see if you are ready for change. Or if there maybe is a part of you that likes to be frustrated and feeling down because of this.

If you find it hard and you are torn between yes and no, a vision of yourself can be helpful. What do you want your life to look like? Make a precise image of yourself and the way you want to be.

"Look for day of the lanterns and you are the light" 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

You will die in 150 years time whether there is Covid or not. It doesn't matter how smart or how healthy you are. So the easiest way is to let go of your ego.

Look to God for strength.

‘Doomed mentality’ is one thought. The corresponding feeling is not “because of the pandemic, the new variant, people not getting vaccinated, climate change, abortion laws, pulling out from Afghanistan, dealing with worsening wealth inequality  and just the general chaos that's ensuing in the world.” It’s the experience of thought attachment. We’re in the same world so to speak, and in this experience, that’s the emotion of blame, not a mentality or any thought at all. 

no idea what I'm doing with my life and how shit is going to pan out because how unpredictable and bizarre everything is

That’s also thought attachment, belief, veil. An idea is just the start, not some thing which is supposed to or could reveal what you’re doing with your life. Put all aligned ideas on a dreamboard. You’ll see for yourself just how predictable this place can be. You won’t remember what it’s like to “have” a ‘doomer mentality’, just happiness, love, compassion and understanding. 

It’s not “other people’s fault”, and without thought attachment, being reminded of anything isn’t really even a thing. 

Don’t cope and avoid, feel & understand. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE