Raptorsin7

Share Your Favorite Movie or Tv Scenes

27 posts in this topic

I wanted to start a mega thread where people can share movie/tv scenes that deeply move them. 

Feel free to share a little blurb about why you find the scene so moving.

I'll start with a few, but I have a bunch that i'll post.

Also, some people might question why this is in the high consciousness resources section.

If there is a scene that moves you, you know you are in contact with higherself/love. For some us, movies have been some of the greatest sources of meaning in our lives. I get a wave of bliss when I watch some of these scenes

I love this movie. My favorite romance movie of all time.

I love the Christian Bale batman series too. Bruce is on the heroes journey and confronts his shadow.

This is probably my all time favorite scene in any movie. The music and expression of the characters is just so perfect.

Another lord of the rings scene. I will post a bunch more haha.

My favorite part is when Aragorn claims people of gondor as his people... you can see that Boromir is able to let go and accept death because Aragorn takes over the mantle of responsibility for Gondor

Edited by Raptorsin7

The Hunt (2012) - Deeply moving film about being an outcast, judgment and Truth

Manchester by the sea (2016) - Deeply moving film about the vicissitudes of life. (Forgive the verbose language, but nothing else quite encapsulates it!). Corey Affleck at his finest!

Dead Poet Society (1989) - An emotional inspiration (Even outside of my teenage years!)

Palm springs (2020) - Dream girl vibesss. Surprisingly outstanding film.

Incident in a Ghostland (2018) - Vivid depiction of dissociation. Not for the faint heated.

The Graduate (1967) - Relatable af. Well ...to some degree at least xD !

Midsommar (2019) - Needy reality vs Non-needy reality. Devastating opening sequence. Brilliant acting from the lead actress, especially in the opening sequence. ... Your need for love will make you blind.

Gladiator (2000) - Stage blue at its finest, with an integrated stage red. Loyalty. Honour. Revenge. 

Perks of being a Wallflower (2012) - Amazing. Hard to put into words. (very relatable even outside of teen years). Great depiction of serious emotional issues/ adaptations.

Its kind of a funny story (2010) - Especially for the non-normies among us, intensely relatable, yet surprisingly upbeat depiction of adolescent mental health issues/ adaptations.

The Godfather (1972) - A genre of its own. Stage red posing as stage blue.

Edited by SLuxy

"I wanted only to try to live in accord with my true Self. Why was that so very difficult?" - Herse

"As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live.” - Goethe

"There are no bad parts" - Schwartz

Loool oops misread the title!

I'll keep the above.

1. Despair

2. Frozen in time

3. Beauty

4. Asserting one's right to be

5. A duty fulfilled (legit don't watch this, if you haven't seen gladiator xD)

6. Flowing with life

7. Beautifully shot

8. PTSD

9. Direct experience is king!

10. Stage-red unwittingly facing the stage-red-to-blue transformational dilemma

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/778b8a6e-df78-4087-bb86-5ca7d3dfc1cc

11. No words.

12. Dumb humour is the reason for life xD

13. Intriguing

14. Fatherhood/ Positive masculinity/ Trauma

"I wanted only to try to live in accord with my true Self. Why was that so very difficult?" - Herse

Literally the entire Seinfeld. My favorite show of all times, by a mile.

Criminally underrated space movie Sunshine. Where Capa finally starts the sun up again at the end. Instead of being violently ripped apart immediately like you'd expect when their ship collapses, it's like God is rewarding him with a moment of infinite beauty for sacrificing himself saving humanity.

This scene from The Grey always hits me. It's rare you see such rawness in big budget movies.

hrhrhtewgfegege

@Raptorsin7 Which post are you referring to?

@Raptorsin7 Ahhhh gotcha. I made a mistake the first time bro xD 

The end of the first season of avatar. It's such an awesome ending, zuko talks about building a new world based on a foundation of love and peace

@Raptorsin7 Nice!

I love when Theoden calls for the reformation of the line. The original charge is also an incredible scene

Edited by Raptorsin7

On 9/6/2021 at 0:44 PM, Roy said:

Criminally underrated space movie Sunshine. Where Capa finally starts the sun up again at the end. Instead of being violently ripped apart immediately like you'd expect when their ship collapses, it's like God is rewarding him with a moment of infinite beauty for sacrificing himself saving humanity.

Agreed! Sunshine was my absolute favorite movie as a teen. Still the best soundtrack of any movie I've seen. People give the movie shit for the final act being sub optimal, but the movie as a whole is 10/10.

Ellen Burstyn in Requiem for a Dream has one of the best performances I've seen from an actress. The movie is an experience.

Donnie explains the smurfs. The movie is much more bizarre and heavy than this scene conveys. 10/10 movie.

If anyone hasn't seen the BSG remake, highly recommend

Just saw this movie yesterday, it facilitated so many insights, just bursting into laughter and crying tears of joy/beauty. This scene really hit home for me, it really opens up the opportunity for you to focus in on the "holy moment", along with the characters of the movie. You can have an experience of not only watching the movie, but also recognizing your own role in the experience of the film being created in real time. 

Edited by TheAlchemist

"Only that which can change can continue."

-James P. Carse

Requiem of a dream is good one, that shit still sticks with me

Most kick-ass movie i know is Scarface, conscious in its own right

I watched Scarface repeatedly as a teenager until I could say everyone’s lines as the movie played.

Lord of the Rings has been a favorite for sure. 

The original Star Wars with its prequels and sequels really affected me. I was 10 years old when it came out.

Lonesome Dove and Missouri Breaks and the original Rooster Cogburn with John Wayne and Glen Campbell are my favorite westerns. 
 I don’t consider Little Big Man or Dances with Wolves ‘Westerns’. These two movies are in a league of their own. Little Big man delivers some profound truths but in a quirky way.

I’ve hardly watched any movies in the last twenty years. Inception was good. What Dreams May Come, Life Is Beautiful, The Sixth Sense and Contact with Jodie Foster affected me deeply.

Im going to make it a point to watch Sunshine and The Last Airbender from what y’all have said,,,,

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

As I saw the title of this thread, this scene came to mind, from the Matrix, Smith's interrogation speech:

Great nostalgic feeling when watch all of this every time :)

Edited by DVL

Awesome thread! Here are a few of my favourite ones 

Lalaland - the rush through the realisation of what could have been and what is and then the final nod as both main characters acknowledge that this is what it always lead to and that it could not be any other way 

From 3:10 onwards Vader taunts Luke to master The dark side of the force within and beats Vade

2:00 - Boromir looks at the eyes of the hobits and at this moment a connection is made. He knows he has lost one hobit and he realises the fate of the White city might have been lost because of his mistake. And so he performs his final act of defiance to save at least Merry and Pippin before he departs from the world. At this moment, Boromir embraces death and makes peace with it 

The Interstellar when you realise each ticking on Miller's planet is 1 day on the Earth 

not a movie but one of my fav vid game trailers

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

The Fountain (2006) from Darren Aronofsky with Hugh Jackman and Rachel Weiss in the lead roles. The ending scene coupled with a haunting score where Jackman playing three different characters in different historical timelines have different experiences and relationships to their ultimate quest in striving towards attaining themselves or granting others immortality or preventing death and metaphorically trying to communicate the universal answer to each of the different motives of the different characters he plays for wanting to become immortal or to prevent death - and that is to paradoxically let go to the attachment and clinging onto their lives or other lives as they know it in the first place and accept death and dying as it is, as I understood it.

The question in the whole movie revolves around the relationship towards life, death and exploring implications and understanding of the want behind immortality as its title implies referencing the legend of the existence of the Fountain of Youth and the Tree of Life.

This movie hit me hard emotionally with the themes it delves on as it did because of the references and associations in it reminding someone of my own experiences, and afterward desires and wants that have to do with the loss of relationships in the past in my own family background and the trauma behind it and the needs, wants and desires that stemmed from it and this scene also hit me emotionally because it delved on some of my thoughts and feelings of wanting to feel what's it like to let go the clinginess and attachment of my own life and experience existence as it is more fully and completely and to accept and fully experience that experience of letting go and not having fears, suffering, pain, resistance, and attachments to my own self and to experience everything else in existence and life as truly a part and parcel of me and to feel it that it is part and parcel of me and that there are no boundaries and resistances between us - to feel everything as one as me as I feel myself, if I am making sense in the way I am writing this and phrasing this.

In retrospect is it has some goofy scenes and visuals but overall I think the message that it delivers coupled with the emotions it awakens is still powerful to me.

The Mist (2007) by Frank Darabont this ending is filled with despair with a piece of gut-wrenching music by the band Host of the Seraphim - there is a complete 11-minute analysis of the film's themes and messages on YouTube but if the ending scene of this film's message can be simplistically summed up it is even when faced with hopeless and impossible circumstances never give up on hope and the courage and the will to live life and to live through with what might seem that there is no escape from and is hopeless until the last second and moment when there is still hope - escaping from pain, fear, suffering and hopelessness and despair to a painless and quick death and eternal sleep can be shortsighted in the grand schemes of the possibilities that life can give you and be merciful to you - don't let your sacrifice, death or perceived noble act be in vain, fight and last until the last moment you are able to do so. This movie still gives me a remainder not to until the last possible second and moment lose hope on the will to live life no matter how bad, painful, insufferable and bleak the prospects of my future might seem to me now - to never lose hope until the last possible second. 

Those are the two of my most memorable movie scenes that I can think up one now on the top of my head and that stuck with me the most for all these years when I first saw them and rewatched them later in my life.

Edited by Fleetinglife

''society is culpable in not providing free education for all and it must answer for the night which it produces. If the soul is left in darkness sins will be committed. The guilty one is not he who commits the sin, but he who causes the darkness.” ― Victor Hugo, Les Misérables'