Christoph Werner

5 Meo- Dmt and admitting "I do not know"

81 posts in this topic

So psychedlics can give you this feeling of "I understand reality" or "I know the truth". And this feeling is genuine during the trip, because the distinction of tripping and not tripping is not really there. However you do come back to your baseline level of consciousness and often your ego integrates the experience and it tries to claim "I understand" and it says "I'm not really there now, but I know the way" and then the ego spawns many imaginations and what to do to get there and what prevents you from getting there. Isn't this just chasing your own tail? You already defined what is truth and what is untruth instead of admitting to yourself you do not know. 

So this question comes because lately I feel like I need to let go of psychedlics completely or at least for a couple years. I did about 40-50 trips mostly LSD. But also mushrooms and NN-Dmt and mdma. I did a sub-breaktrough dose of 5 MeoDMT once. It's  been lying around for over a year now and I have huge respect for it. Before I quit psychedlics I will go for a breaktrough 5Meo trip as I think I can't leave this one out.  This Intuition also comes because I had an awakening to love 40 days ago with my spiritual practise ( I do hatha yoga, pranayama and meditation). This love hasn't left me yet as I know consciously how to get there. I just sit down for meditation for 10-20 minutes and I'm in bliss. So is 5Meo a trap or not?  Or does it depend on how you use it and your clarity of perception? 

If you read this Leo, thank you so much for your work. I've been following you since 2018 and I have been taking the things you say really seriously. I started meditating, journelling, hatha yoga all beacuse of you and my life is so amazing now I don't think I have to explain to you. ??

I would say, It's not a trap. If you take proper safety protocol, measure it properly you'll discover some Good. It's hard to believe it's there, but it is and it's Pure Perfection. When you trip, remember I said Namaste!

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

6 minutes ago, Christoph Werner said:

So is 5Meo a trap or not?

Why must you make such a big deal out of it?

Why not just trip and go about your practices? You are setting up a false choice which does not need to exist.

5-MeO-DMT will show in you in 15 minutes what you will not access in 15 years of yoga and meditation.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Which psychadelic would you reccommend a total noob do? I mean i think 5 meo DMT is way too strong for a newbie. Maybe mushrooms or LSD?

1 minute ago, Karmadhi said:

@Leo Gura Which psychadelic would you reccommend a total noob do? I mean i think 5 meo DMT is way too strong for a newbie. Maybe mushrooms or LSD?

It doesn’t matter what kind, it does only matter how much you consumed. 

@Christoph Werner My one trip on 5MeO has basically "cured" me of my desire to take any more psychedelics.  I won't go so far to say I'll never take them again.  However, my experience showed me that I was basically chasing something that is already right here and right now.  I realized that it was all ego.  Wanting to achieve something or experience something.  Transcendence.... God realization... call it what you want.  But the joke is that it isn't someplace else.  It isn't some psychedelic experience away.  Just stop chasing.  Get quiet.  Stop striving.  It will come to you.  You will wake up to it without effort if you can quiet the ego enough.  And paradoxically enough, it was my use of LSD that showed me how.  But now I don't feel much calling for it.   

11 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Good question. I think probably fear. After all 5Meo is not something to take lightly and there are dangers with it also. I already decided I will do it when I feel ready for it. I don't think I need to rush this.

18 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

5-MeO-DMT will show in you in 15 minutes what you will not access in 15 years of yoga and meditation.

What makes you so sure of this?

@taotemu I 2nd that. ;)

Except that 5 days after my 5-Meo (non)trip, I actually dropped 150mcg of acid on the beach! xD

Why so serious?

Try it and find out! if you want. It is up to you. But, You'll come back down to normal and you'll know. 

Yes, do be careful with it. Take proper protocols, and then your off to the Holy Grail. 

It showed me perfection, infinite forgiveness and love, Qigong, infinity, Truth, God, Love, Goodness. Meditation is powerful too, but they are different tools I think. 

They work in tandem imo. 

meditation, Qigong, yoga are better for developing a higher baseline state and mastery over your vehicle and consciousness. 5meo is like a radical quantum boost. To me they both go together. Like big time. 

Different people react differently too it. Some people do it rather frequently, others far less so and some people get so scared they never come back to it. 

Always use proper protocol and ensure safety of yourself and others. It does have dangers, and if your scared you can be foolish on it. Also I have noticed when the ego holds on it may want to look around and move and interact with stuff. NO!. Always lay down do not move around. Your coming right back, reality isn't going to change forever. Relax. This is it. You'll be fine. I was scared a couple times I was going to unlock some big change in my life. Doesn't happen, or hasn't yet.

I actually think 5meo requires the development of a skillset to handle it properly because it really stresses and tests your metaphysics and world view. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

PS: Don't take my littel exposé as some kind of "encouragement" to try this stuff out... this trip report is definitely not representative for what the majority of people usually experience when they're on 5-Meo DMT, lol.

Why so serious?

39 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Until you’ve committed to a hardcore spiritual practice for 15 years you really have no idea what you’re talking about with this. You’re reifying a very limiting *belief* taken on as an ego position that is not based in direct experience. 

57 minutes ago, James12345 said:

It doesn’t matter what kind, it does only matter how much you consumed.

^^ This.

(duh...) xD

31 minutes ago, Consilience said:

Until you’ve committed to a hardcore spiritual practice for 15 years you really have no idea what you’re talking about with this. You’re reifying a very limiting *belief* taken on as an ego position that is not based in direct experience.

Exactly. He can be correct in a sense, but not from a first try... Having a God-realization event can rip reality wide open but that's nothing compared to having reality ripped almost as wide open from sober meditation...because much more stays... Even though that's quite difficult, it can absolutely be done. Inquiring into who knows the difference between God-realization and this/now, in the presence of deep stillness and powerful consciousness, can accomplish this.

Edited by The0Self

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Why not just trip and go about your practices? You are setting up a false choice which does not need to exist.

just imagine how 15 years of yoga will enhance your trip. (by the way just quoting, not talking to the author).

1 hour ago, Consilience said:
2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

There are also states which you can't access through 5-MeO but you can through meditation.

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

2 hours ago, Christoph Werner said:

What makes you so sure of this?

Call it a hunch ;)

4 hours ago, Consilience said:

Until you’ve committed to a hardcore spiritual practice for 15 years you really have no idea what you’re talking about with this.

Actually I do.

If Shinzen Young cannot do it after 40 years of professional practice, your chances are basically zero.

Stop giving people bullshit ideas. You are not going to reach 5-MeO-DMT levels of consciousness via meditation. This is a joke. It's like telling a dwarf that he can play in the NBA.

@Leo Gura That's got nothing to do with you nor your personal experience though. So you, personally, have no idea of what 40 years of hardcore meditation is like. Nor what insights, views, perceptions, come from it, on top of the 5meo non-dual experience.

Thus the comparison, or your omission of it, is invalid. You're gaslighting. Again. Even more so than usual, as you don't invoke the self-experience which you so praise. You have not verified 40 years of hardcore meditation, so why invoke it as a valid comparison?

Maybe now you'll start to take shamanism seriously. ;) A shaman is precisely someone who can enter mystical states of awareness without the use of any spiritual allies based on their own power.