Gianna

Waking Up Before Learning About New Agers

43 posts in this topic

I had a huge breakthrough a few months back and realized our essential nature. I deeply felt and realized we are a contraction of the universe. That we are infinite, that we are love, that we are one. This understanding is far beyond intellectual understanding. 

However, now I am becoming familiar with New Age ideas (chakras, astral projection, demons, etc.). What do I make of all of this? The awakening experience I had while realizing our true nature shattered me completely to where now my mind is open to all possibilities. But these new age ideas are confusing and seem to contradict nonduality. I'm coming from a background in philosophy, epistemology, and psychology. 

What is the connection between Truth and these New Age ideas? 

Edited by Gianna

Stick to your experience.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

9 minutes ago, Gianna said:

The awakening experience I had while realizing our true nature shattered me completely to where now my mind is open to all possibilities. But these new age ideas are confusing and seem to contradict nonduality. I'm coming from a background in philosophy, epistemology, and psychology. 

Are you open to the possibility that there is no contradiction?

12 minutes ago, Gianna said:

However, now I am becoming familiar with New Age ideas (chakras, astral projection, demons, etc.). What do I make of all of this?

I would suggest following what feels natural to you in this moment. Don’t overwhelm yourself with too things at once. 

I fall into the trap of getting way too excited about something, only to go all out and burnout so fast that I quit. Perhaps you can relate to this?

7 hours ago, Gianna said:

But these new age ideas are confusing and seem to contradict nonduality. 

To reject something because it appears to exist within duality is to go against the idea of non-duality. There are reasons why people believe in the ideas you mentioned and none of them I would label as new age, but rather something that has been talked about throughout all of human history. This doesn't mean you should automatically believe in it though. Just allow whatever happens with concepts such as that to happen. I personally wouldn't put a massive amount of time/resources looking into all of them. But, that doesn't mean they should remain uninvestigated. 

As for a psychological explanation for what you are talking about. There are loose rationalizations you can become directly aware for each thing you have listed with enough investigation. But, it's not for me to tell you what those actually are.

Edited by Nos7algiK

@Gianna Rudolph Steiner, Jiddu Krishnamurti, to Rene Guenon, these might be good sources to help you with your inquiries.  The Steiner link, go to the home page, many videos that cover an extensive range of "spiritual" subjects. 

@Gianna One of the reasons I mentioned steiner, krishnamurti, geunon, is because of what they say in regards to theosophy. Theosophy has played a big part in influencing the spirituality of today.

@Gianna  all the ideas, philosophy, epistemology, and psychology occur within the same elephant.... that's what non-duality points to. It's quite amazing wouldn't you say. 

There's no getting outside of it to point to it because it's everything. ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Stay open to all possibilities.

Notice the tendency to want to reach a certain conclusion, this is the root of confusion.

Stay with the confusion, then see that you are clear that you are confused. Where has the confusion gone ?

Then perhaps laugh.

Allow your curiosity to lead the way. When you stumble onto some new age stuff. Ask yourself the following questions : Is this really for me? How can this serve me? In what way is this helpful to my curent understanding?

6 hours ago, Gianna said:

However, now I am becoming familiar with New Age ideas (chakras, astral projection, demons, etc.). What do I make of all of this? The awakening experience I had while realizing our true nature shattered me completely to where now my mind is open to all possibilities. But these new age ideas are confusing and seem to contradict nonduality. I'm coming from a background in philosophy, epistemology, and psychology. 

@Gianna  Contradiction is only in relation to your knowledge, which is, as you said, a contraction. There is no way of truly knowing whether these things exist, or not, other than becoming directly conscious of them. So, if they really matter to you, then by all means go ahead and explore these realms, but do so experientially. This way you will know for yourself.

Of course, this also implies that it is not possible to know everything and this is a fact that has to be made peace with.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

6 hours ago, Gianna said:

then instead of becoming familiar with new age become familiar with the origin of time in new age.

Yeah, own experience is best. The chakra thing with the colors is just a map, a more enlightened view of duality. 

I'd check the classic Allan Watts if you come from a philosophical background and Mircea Eliade. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mircea_Eliade

Edited by Goldzilla

Singer

14™

2 minutes ago, DIDego said:

Esperanto.

Tre bona ideo. 

Singer

14™

@Carl-Richard great advice, seriously. So simple and true. 

@JayySur

21 hours ago, JayySur said:

I fall into the trap of getting way too excited about something, only to go all out and burnout so fast that I quit. Perhaps you can relate to this?

Yes! I relate to this immensely. But where does this tie in again? By not overwhelming myself by trying to learn all of it? Also, yes, I am open to the idea that there is no contradiction I can kind of see that there isn't one already when I think about demons just being negative thought-forms.  

@Johnny Galt Thank you! All resources to connect these two realms are welcomed. What is theosophy?

@VeganAwake Yes, I experience this with music. Everything points to the Truth once you know what the Truth is. 

@SriSriJustinBieber

16 hours ago, SriSriJustinBieber said:

then see that you are clear that you are confused

What do you mean by this? 

@ZzzleepingBear Thank you, those questions help. I have the tendency to want to understand everything so I totally bypass questions like these which I think are super important to ask prior to understanding. 

@mememe

15 hours ago, mememe said:

become familiar with the origin of time in new age.

Do you mean to become familiar with where the New Age ideas come from, in history? 

@tsuki

15 hours ago, tsuki said:

by all means go ahead and explore these realms

I want to but it seems like risky business if I don't know what I am doing. Am I going to become possessed by ignorantly experimenting with it? idk!

You may have had some degree of awakening, but chances are it was minor. You probably still aren't fully conscious of what reality is.

If you were fully conscious that reality is Infinite Consciousness/Imagination, then there would not be any contradiction with the New Age. Consciousness can imagine demons, angels, aliens, channeling, telepathy, chakras, psychedelics, ghosts, big foot, UFOs, astral realms, healing crystals, past lives, heavens, hells, energy, space kangaroos... literally ANYTHING!

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 8/24/2021 at 10:05 PM, Gianna said:

@SriSriJustinBieber

What do you mean by this?

There is confusion. To phrase it with the words you used in the 1st post, see that this confusion is a contraction of the universe inside of the contraction that the body/mind is. See that this contraction has a location, see that apart from this location, there is only clarity. You have therefore total clarity over the object that confusion is. You are clarity perceiving confusion. Seeing this, remaining this way, confusion either disappears instantly or brings joy/peace for some time before disappearing.

This may appear as playing with words, but a way to intuit what I mean is to understand that if you yourself were actually in confusion, you would be stuck. It would be just normal for you to be confused, the same way that it is normal for a tree to not be able to move, the tree does not perceive a lack of movement (as far as we can tell).

This is only one way to work out confusion

On 8/24/2021 at 3:33 PM, Leo Gura said:

If you were fully conscious that reality is Infinite Consciousness/Imagination, then there would not be any contradiction with the New Age

I am conscious that reality is infinite imagination and I understand now that there is no contradiction. I think what I was misunderstanding is how these dimensions coincide with oneness right NOW– but it's in the definition of the word one. Everything occurs within infinity. And just because I am not experiencing it doesn't mean it cannot be imagined. I don't know what I was thinking honestly as I re-read my thread. I think I was thinking/living out of fear in that moment because of the horror stories I was hearing at this conference (possession, demons, etc.). Crazy how you lose all knowing when you think out of fear. It's like you go into a complete dissociated state. 

Edited by Gianna

22 hours ago, SriSriJustinBieber said:

See that this contraction has a location, see that apart from this location, there is only clarity. You have therefore total clarity over the object that confusion is. You are clarity perceiving confusion.... 
if you yourself were actually in confusion, you would be stuck. It would be just normal for you to be confused 

I love you.