Alysssa

My approach to enlightenment

17 posts in this topic

I realized that I don't have desire to experience enlightenment, I don't care about realizing that I'm God or the whole universe.

I am curious about spirituality, philosophy and understanding this world as much as I can, don't get me wrong.

But I don't take enlightenment as something that has to happen at any cost. I have a laid back approach about it, If it happens: very good. And if it doesn't happen, also: very good. I know that I don't need it and it's just would be a bonus.

I want to be happy and safe, I want to live my passion which is art, to learn new things and skills and maybe to make a good impact on world in my own humble way. Those are the most important things for me. I practice yoga and meditation for it's advantages to body, mind and soul which helps me a lot and I won't get disappointed if after 30 of practicing those I won't experience enlightenment. but I would be disappointed if after 30 years I won't be happy and safe, living my passions.

This is how I see things right know, maybe it change maybe not.

“My meditation is simple. It does not require any complex practices.

It is simple. It is singing. It is dancing. It is sitting silently”

OSHO

Then enlightenment is simply not for you.

I mean, it is the only thing you want, but you don't know that because you have a bunch of nonsense filling your mind.

The problem is that you're confused about what you want.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

Then enlightenment is simply not for you.

I mean, it is the only thing you want, but you don't know that because you have a bunch of nonsense filling your mind.

The problem is that you're confused about what you want.

Maybe I confused and I don't even aware to how confused I am,

but now, I don't feel like I need to be too worried about it.

OSHO

Meh. Either way it doesn't matter. However, you will come to a point when you start losing everything you're attached to including your yoga, art and ultimately your life. Then you will want enlightenment ?

Edited by Godishere

25 minutes ago, Godishere said:

Meh. Either way it doesn't matter. However, you will come to a point when you start losing everything you're attached to including your yoga, art and ultimately your life. Then you will want enlightenment ?

We'll see -_-

OSHO

2 hours ago, Alysssa said:

I want to be happy and safe, I want to live my passion which is art, to learn new things and skills and maybe to make a good impact on world in my own humble way. Those are the most important things for me. I practice yoga and meditation for it's advantages to body, mind and soul which helps me a lot and I won't get disappointed if after 30 of practicing those I won't experience enlightenment. but I would be disappointed if after 30 years I won't be happy and safe, living my passions.

I love this. Don't chase enlightenment, as if it is a magic wand that instantly erases all of your suffering. So many people fall into this trap. The chasing itself is a hamster wheel, when what is needed is to get outside of the cage.

Instead, be present in this moment. Forget about offenses of the past, or anxieties about the future. Just be, and celebrate the beauty of this. What else is there?

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

I wish I could be permanently enlightened. Maybe it'll happen if I persist.

Not gonna lie, nothing wrong with wanting something you have to work for it.

Nothing will make you happy in life but your own nature...

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

True.if you want something safe, enlightenment is not. Is the other way around, will unspoil you in every way. 

Singer

14™

@Alysssa Look at the stars, how big the universe is.

"WOW- the universe is amazing."

How is that possible? Isn't it magic? A miracle?

That's spirituality. Have fun.

Chose a path you enjoy. I'm desperate for liberation, it's the opposite, but not better.

@Leo Gura I don't think what she said disqualifies her from chosing a path.

5 hours ago, Alysssa said:

I realized that I don't have desire to experience enlightenment

Well then, believe it or not, you simply won’t get enlightened. I am enlightened (paraphrased for this particular engagement). Enlightenment requires desire likely beyond your comprehension.

In the meantime, watch Leo’s newest video on his main channel. Idk how others see it, but believe me, it’s the deepest one yet (yes, deeper than the god realization video) — unless you somehow understand it all already, in which case, do some meditation because you’ll be enlightened soon if only you have a burning desire for it.

Edited by The0Self

@Alysssa If art is what you want to do then do art. To do what we want to do gives us intrinsic happiness. ?

Desire is a feeling of wanting something we don't have. And believing it causes division in that not having it NOW is unhappiness and getting it later leads to happiness. That is an illusion. Seeing through the illusion of desire is good. Happiness is here and now already. 

Yoga and meditation is also practiced NOW and may or may not lead to enlightenment. Who knows? But if those practices are benefitting you why not continue with them.

This post was more for me than you. ?? Thank you for sharing your realization!

spirituality is knowing who you are, religiousness is being who you are

can only be that which you know

knowing is loving it, being is living it

love the self then walk the walk

9 hours ago, Moksha said:

I love this. Don't chase enlightenment, as if it is a magic wand that instantly erases all of your suffering. So many people fall into this trap. The chasing itself is a hamster wheel, when what is needed is to get outside of the cage.

Instead, be present in this moment. Forget about offenses of the past, or anxieties about the future. Just be, and celebrate the beauty of this. What else is there?

Yes! I don't believe in magics that can erase my suffer. I came to this stage when I accept the suffer as a part of life.

celebrate the beauty of this. What else is there? 

+1

9 hours ago, Thought Art said:

I wish I could be permanently enlightened. Maybe it'll happen if I persist.

Not gonna lie, nothing wrong with wanting something you have to work for it.

I wish you that your dream will come true.

+1

8 hours ago, Goldzilla said:

True.if you want something safe, enlightenment is not. Is the other way around, will unspoil you in every way. 

My priority is to be physically safe, safe from toxic ideas, and toxic people and toxic ideologies. narcissism. This is how I see being safe.

7 hours ago, Endangered-EGO said:

@Alysssa Look at the stars, how big the universe is.

"WOW- the universe is amazing."

How is that possible? Isn't it magic? A miracle?

That's spirituality. Have fun.

Chose a path you enjoy. I'm desperate for liberation, it's the opposite, but not better.

@Leo Gura I don't think what she said disqualifies her from chosing a path.

I do it very often, I observe nature/people constantly. Even when I walk on the street, actually as a visual artist my brain has the habit to see beauty in the simplest forms.

I hope you will experience the freedom that you ae looking for. 

I'm not an enlightenment person but I feel that my mind is more free than most of the people, maybe because I have vivid imagination and I engage in creative activates. This is how I see freedom, Maybe freedom is something subjective, maybe there are many forms of it.

6 hours ago, The0Self said:

Well then, believe it or not, you simply won’t get enlightened. I am enlightened (paraphrased for this particular engagement). Enlightenment requires desire likely beyond your comprehension.

In the meantime, watch Leo’s newest video on his main channel. Idk how others see it, but believe me, it’s the deepest one yet (yes, deeper than the god realization video) — unless you somehow understand it all already, in which case, do some meditation because you’ll be enlightened soon if only you have a burning desire for it.

By your words I understand that I probably won't be an enlightenment person, I think that I can handle it. Enlightenment is like unknown country for me beyond my understanding, It would be nice idea to be enlightenment but I don't want to be slave to this unknown country. 

To get into a spirituality just in order to be enlightenment it's like doing sex but rather than be present and enjoy of it, focus only about the orgasm. 

Or if you are an artist, it's like be focused on the final result rather than enjoy of the process,

This is how I see it. 

1 hour ago, WelcometoReality said:

@Alysssa If art is what you want to do then do art. To do what we want to do gives us intrinsic happiness. ?

Desire is a feeling of wanting something we don't have. And believing it causes division in that not having it NOW is unhappiness and getting it later leads to happiness. That is an illusion. Seeing through the illusion of desire is good. Happiness is here and now already. 

Yoga and meditation is also practiced NOW and may or may not lead to enlightenment. Who knows? But if those practices are benefitting you why not continue with them.

This post was more for me than you. ?? Thank you for sharing your realization!

Art is something that fulfill me to the deepest levels, I feel it in my whole existence. Maybe I love art so much because I play my role as a creator, as a God

I happy that you find this post useful for you :)

53 minutes ago, gettoefl said:

spirituality is knowing who you are, religiousness is being who you are

can only be that which you know

knowing is loving it, being is living it

love the self then walk the walk

There are so many ways to practice spirituality and live this life happily. 

50 minutes ago, Enlighten said:

@Alysssa

You are God. do whatever you want.

Even if I'm not God, even without the God realization, I do whatever I want :)

OSHO

3 hours ago, Alysssa said:

By your words I understand that I probably won't be an enlightenment person, I think that I can handle it. Enlightenment is like unknown country for me beyond my understanding, It would be nice idea to be enlightenment but I don't want to be slave to this unknown country. 

To get into a spirituality just in order to be enlightenment it's like doing sex but rather than be present and enjoy of it, focus only about the orgasm. 

Or if you are an artist, it's like be focused on the final result rather than enjoy of the process,

This is how I see it. 

I respect that. But the orgasm example is a bit off. Actually it’s a bit more like caring about the truth of the matter rather than the comfort of belief systems. It was a lot of fun for me. It easily could have been horrifying though.

Edited by The0Self

@Alysssa  Enlightenment is the revelation that art is all there is whether or not it's pursued by an apparent individual.... so in that sense it does not matter at all.

It's so in your face and already the case that it seems hidden. ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Enlightenment illuminates the futility of an unreal individual chasing Freedom within Freedom / wholeness within wholeness.

It's an ordinary and extraordinary revelation that nobody arrives at. ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi