A way to Actualize

All Personal Questions For Leo

979 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura LOVED new video! (Usually I'm the one that seems crazy though...lol...)  Are you really considering stopping advice giving?

Please consider how your wisdom can inspire others to action. If we think of just your new video, how you spoke about: everyone is wired differently, at a different spiritual frequency, etc... this clearly illustrates how outside perspectives can be of enormous, even profound benefit...we have limitations with our own lenses, programming, etc there are obviously things that you can see that we can't....and sometimes vice versa....perhaps this is another part of nature's plan....different people... for sharing unique perspectives and insights...

Personally, I was disrespectful to you about your advise, and I am truly sorry. I have so much gratitude that you have taken your time, to help me on a number of occasions. "Tough-love" has actually worked on me effectively before, weather I "like it" or not...lol.....

Hi Leo.  You mentioned doing a creative thinking course.  Do that!  Please.  :D  I forget which video you scatted some ideas on this.  I was really impressed.  Consider doing a course on creative thinking as you discussed.

Are you interested in trying Hawaiian Baby Woodrose (LSA)?

”Unaccompanied by positive action, rest may only depress you.” -- George Leonard

1) What's the thing you most want to share with us in the future?

2) What's the top 3 most outrageous and incredible things you have found in all of your research? (that you haven't made a video out of)

3) Besides Enlightenment, what's something incredibly unknown in modern society?

Do you ever speak to your family about enlightenment and your research? How to they respond? Do they watch your videos and how do they react? Especially to the ones this past year. 

“In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s there are few” 
― Shunryu Suzuki

On 6/4/2017 at 9:12 PM, K VIL said:

how do we discern evil teachers from teachers of love? do we attract what we are? 

i was listening to byron katie and getting into it. but something is off about her. she mentioned she abused her kids, and loving "what is"

my intuition is telling me is a fancy marketing scheme. how do you balance learning with the fact that there are corrupt teachers out there?

Don't blindly listen to any one teacher. Don't place any one teacher or teaching on a pedestal.

Corrupt teachers are no problem when you are pulling from 100s of sources, as you should be doing if you care about Truth and understanding. And you understand the dangers of the epistemology.

On 6/4/2017 at 9:22 PM, Anirban657 said:

@Leo Gura What is your current level of consciousness? Are you at self-consciousness or objective consciousness?

I am reading the "The Psychology of Man's Possible Evolution" by P. D. Ouspensky and I am learning about consciousness/awareness more.

What does increased levels of consciousness/awareness look like? Are there special powers? :)

All schemes for quantifying consciousness are very limited. Don't take them too seriously.

You cannot understand higher levels of consciousness without actually going there yourself.

It's like trying to tell a blind man about the color red. Nothing can be said.

On 6/5/2017 at 3:38 AM, LifeLife said:

In your recent video you talked that you do neurofeedback brain traning. What do you mean by that? What practice do you do or service that you use? Do you use a specific product? etc.

It's a very complex and technical topic which would require a lot of detailed explanation.

On 6/5/2017 at 10:06 AM, Dizzy said:

Leo, you are very wise and I certainly admire you. I haven't read as many powerful books as you did, yet for the little part I know about you (about 2 years watching your videos), I can relate myself to you in some aspects :)
Well, I so hope you are willing to answer my questions.9_9
1. What is your best guess of the level of consciousness that most of your audience is right now ? 

2. Your life purpose is to grow and share with the world your insights, right ? Or so I understood from your videos, please correct me if I am mistaken. Do you see yourself as a teacher? Did you ever consider making some sort of event for your viewers and audience to meet up with you and discuss topics (as this forum), but in a direct face talk?  Or is that impractical ?

3. You always mention that its essential to cut it out people around us that has useless habits as we get serious with self actualization. At this point, do you have personal support from people on a similar level that you are now? 

4. Did you ever have tears of joy when considering how many people's lives you have deeply touched as pointing them out how to create a profund life ?

5. That may be a long shot, but are you still into sage development ? If so, when you do realize you are a sage, did you ever consider opening a Gura Leo Sage School? :) 

1) No idea. Not a valid question.

2) Well, of course I am a teacher, because I teach stuff. Maybe in the future I will travel around more and do some live talks/meetups. But not right now.

3) I'm a lone wolf type guy. I don't like personal support from anyone. I like to do things myself, or not do them at all.

4) Not really, it's become just normalized. I don't really do the work for you, I do it for me.

5) I consider all the videos leading to sagehood for those who are serious about it. I'm not tied to the notion of being a sage. It's just naturally the direction I'm pulled. Actualized.org is the sage school.

On 6/5/2017 at 11:09 AM, Echoes said:

@Leo Gura Do you still sometimes have periods of doubt about nonduality and fall back into assumptions of the "old" paradigm? If yes, how do you deal with such periods?

Doubt, as in thinking it's untrue? No. I've experienced beyond a shadow of a doubt now that nonduality is factually the case. Do I backslide into old bad habits and struggle with embodying nonduality? Of course. How could it be otherwise? That will only be fixed with decades of work. You gotta accept the backsliding and not beat yourself up over it. You can only grow so much so fast.

On 6/7/2017 at 10:41 PM, AstralProjection said:

@Leo Gura Did you experience any light of any sort whether it was clear, white, or dim when doing any psychedelics? And if you so what kind of light did you experience on which psychedelics? Thanks a million!

Nope, no light.

On 6/7/2017 at 10:50 PM, AstralProjection said:

@Leo Gura If reincarnation is real, do you think it's possible that dying at the point of ego-less psychedelic death would cause one to have a very noble rebirth? Or perhaps have to never reincarnate again? Thanks again.

No, I doubt that. You're not going to trick the system. If there is reincarnation, it's there for a reason. You're not going to shortcut consciousness or trick the universe about your level of consciousness. It knows. Just because you died on a psychedelic high, your base level of consciousness was still very low. If you die on a psychedelic, you'll probably be reincarnated as a jackass ;)

On 6/8/2017 at 3:17 PM, Dan Arnautu said:

What is your take on fiction books? Can they be used effectively for growth? I saw a comment where you said it's ok to read both fiction and non fiction books depending on what you want to get out of them. 

Sure, anything could in theory be used for growth. But I wouldn't expect serious growth from a fiction book. That's be way to easy.

On 6/10/2017 at 5:19 AM, Dan Arnautu said:

In the video on ”Contemplating your own death” you said you were already 30 and would be lucky to live another 30 years. Why do you see such a short life expectancy in your case? That only amounts to being 60 years old. A lot of even neurotic and unhealthy people live to 80 for some reason.

I like to be conservative in my planning. Then I can be pleasantly surprised with any excess :)

On 6/19/2017 at 0:41 PM, Gabriel Antonio said:

do you think Matt Kahn is enlightened? 

Sounds like it.

On 6/21/2017 at 1:30 PM, Epiphany_Inspired said:

@Leo Gura LOVED new video! (Usually I'm the one that seems crazy though...lol...)  Are you really considering stopping advice giving?

Please consider how your wisdom can inspire others to action. If we think of just your new video, how you spoke about: everyone is wired differently, at a different spiritual frequency, etc... this clearly illustrates how outside perspectives can be of enormous, even profound benefit...we have limitations with our own lenses, programming, etc there are obviously things that you can see that we can't....and sometimes vice versa....perhaps this is another part of nature's plan....different people... for sharing unique perspectives and insights...

Personally, I was disrespectful to you about your advise, and I am truly sorry. I have so much gratitude that you have taken your time, to help me on a number of occasions. "Tough-love" has actually worked on me effectively before, weather I "like it" or not...lol.....

I may need to take some time off to work more deeply on myself. But then I think I'd return. I like giving advice. But it does distract me from doing the deepest work on myself.

On 6/23/2017 at 0:30 AM, Joseph Maynor said:

Hi Leo.  You mentioned doing a creative thinking course.  Do that!  Please.  :D  I forget which video you scatted some ideas on this.  I was really impressed.  Consider doing a course on creative thinking as you discussed.

That wouldn't happen for some years. Too much on my plate as it is.

On 6/23/2017 at 5:23 AM, Dan Arnautu said:

Are you interested in trying Hawaiian Baby Woodrose (LSA)?

No, they tend to be toxin and unpleasant. I've got better stuff to try.

On 7/7/2017 at 5:26 PM, Afonso said:

1) What's the thing you most want to share with us in the future?

2) What's the top 3 most outrageous and incredible things you have found in all of your research? (that you haven't made a video out of)

3) Besides Enlightenment, what's something incredibly unknown in modern society?

1) There's lots of nuanced and basics-type topics.

2) I covered many of them in my recent Paranormal Phenomena video. There's a lot of weird occult spiritual stuff to research. A lot of weird stuff within psychedelics.

3) The extent to which our society, marketplace, food industry, drug industry, media, marketing, business, government, education system, and politics is corrupted by capitalism, dogma, ego, and money. If people only knew... There would be a bloody revolution.

13 hours ago, Stefano Provenzi said:

Where can I exactly find more resources and info on the meditation with labeling technique? Like books, or videos

I've already practiced it, but I'm really curios to discover the nuances

Rock on Leo ;)

Shinzen Young is really good at teaching that.

9 hours ago, The White Belt said:

Do you ever speak to your family about enlightenment and your research? How to they respond? Do they watch your videos and how do they react? Especially to the ones this past year. 

A little, but mostly they don't care, so I keep it to myself. I don't think they watch my videos much. They live an ordinary, chimp-like existence.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Do you think that everyone else is a chimp

Edited by Loreena

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

@Loreena I am a chimp too. The only difference is that I know I'm a chimp and I have laid plans to become less chimpish.

@Himanshu Of course. Every single part and video is a compromise.

@Leo Gura 

1) Do you still think coaching is important, now that you have surpassed most of the basic personal development work?

2)  Do you still get coached?

3) If no, at what stage did you decide that it was no longer more conducive than what you could do on your own? Did that feeling come naturally?

@Leo Gura In this self actualization journey I often hear people say stuff like-

"Is it safe to do this meditation and books alone? You need a group of people or special guidance or only a one-to-one spiritual teacher to help you do this weird spiritual stuff."

Or something like

"reading too many books or meditating too much is bad. Excess of anything is bad".

I mean my motivations are not neurotic. I am a happy dude who is intrinsically motivated to meditate and read self help. And I am not addicted to meditation. I am intrinsically inspired by these things. 

What do I say to those folks?

"Becoming 'awake' involves seeing our own confusion more clearly"-Rumi

@Leo Gura You said that you previously had a marketing business, although I see that your overall marketing for actualized.org is pretty light weight.

• the internal linking on the articles seems to be light
  • no social media marketing that I can see
  • few to no collaborations
  • not that much marketing for your courses aside from recommending them in a few of your videos
  • barely any graphic design
  • no sponsorships and cross promoting products with other content creators etc.

I could find a dozen more things that are pretty standard in the current digital marketing landscape that you don't seem to waste time on or don't seem to delegate.

Why are you not marketing yourself more, when you have such high quality content?

I know that high consciousness stuff is very hard to market, but still, there are a lot of things you could easily add in your marketing plan with a pretty high ROI.

You could easily hire someone to do all of these things for you, based on the level you are at with your business right now.

I won't lie, I am also asking this question for myself as I am kind of turning into a jack of all trades when I see that I have very little money to start a business and need to learn to do all the things myself at least at a decent level (sales, marketing, seo, programming, creating content, learning more about my craft etc).

”Unaccompanied by positive action, rest may only depress you.” -- George Leonard

if you know what deep work is what is your opinion on it? and is it something you plan to do if you haven't already?

kind regards :)

@Leo Gura

I remember you said not to try to convince people. To leave that to you.

And that makes me wonder.

How the hell do you manage to convince people to radically change their beliefs? To not give a damn about any of the disbelief and still manage to continue? Be able to be this well known with it and also manage to keep growing with this? Any books or links to recommend? 

I'm not particularly set out for certain for it but when pondering my life purpose, I feel a certain magnetic pull to speaking or pursuing about controversial issues like this. And tend to notice that when seeing in my life and social issues that have to do with truth, the ability to look for it well and speak for it well, tend to produce stronger emotions in me — positive and negative. I keep daydreaming and thinking about doing something like you as I go through the day. But in another field yet with similar values.

Where can I start?

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” 
― Socrates

How often do you call or message your immediate family and have often do you go to see them in person? 

Does the thought of meditating in a cave shut off from the outside world make you afraid that your family will be worried sick about you, not knowing if you're dead or alive? 

“In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s there are few” 
― Shunryu Suzuki

How and when do/did  you connect to your Russian roots ? Any example ?

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

1) Are you going to release the course on powering the subconscious mind?

2) When are you going to write a book called...

Mastering Life - A Western Guide to Self-Actualization

Edited by Afonso