kray

Dealing with new covid wave

24 posts in this topic

As a fully vaccinated person, how do I deal with this new wave of covid cases? If I get it, is there a real chance that I will get hospitalized...maybe even die? What can I do to be safe, but also maintain my social life as well? 

Death is always stalking you.

Welcome to life ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Don't go out. No social life. Till it lasts. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@kray Has this new variant infected your testicles as well? 

It will depend on your age and health if it's a big risk 

@Preety_India Why do you speak like a worried asian aunty at such a young age? 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

3 minutes ago, lmfao said:

@kray 

Because i have low immunity since childhood and I have anxiety disorder. It makes me worry a little too much about Covid and I can sacrifice social life for that. Anyway during such times, having a social life isn't free of any hangups. 

I for sure wouldn't fare well if I get Covid. Simply not that tough to beat it. 

Edited by Preety_India

8 minutes ago, lmfao said:

@kray Has this new variant infected your testicles as well? 

It will depend on your age and health if it's a big risk 

I think you're gravely mistaken. 

Even young people are dying because of this variant. 

It's not that only old people are impacted. 

I have heard young people dying from this. 

It's not to be taken lightly. 

I hate how you're making it look like nothing. 

For God sake, there are children who are dying. 

I'm not fear mongering. 

Edited by Preety_India

@Leo Gura  I don't think I'm fear mongering or exaggerating. And if I'm doing it, let me know and I'll take back my comments. 

Thanks. 

@Preety_India I mean, the likelihood of dying from Covid if you're young is really really small. It's probably higher in India and third world countries, so I can't speak for the whole world. 

Abandoning all social interactions comes with its set of dangers as well. 

I personally socialize trying to stay in open air and try to avoid "high risk" behaviors, although I have indulged in them now and then and I'm fine. Not saying it's a good idea, but anxiety tends to make you overestimate the risks. You can slip in your shower and die. 

Covid will probably stick around for the rest of our lifes or at least many years. Will you seclude yourself at home for the rest of your life? That will take it's toll on your immune system as well. 

Btw, I completely respect your choice. I just think it's not the healthiest route and we can find a balance minimizing the risks.

@Farnaby I don't think Covid will stay forever, I mean God forbid. I've been tired of locking myself at home but right now this is the only safe choice since even nearby hospitals have run out of space. 

I myself don't know how Covid is going to feel since I fortunately didn't catch it. 

Another option is online socialization. 

I'm still wary of standing too close to someone. And I have no idea what Covid does to your body. 

The thought of being put on drugs in a hospital is already scary enough. 

Most people say it's like a normal flu. Then why are people dying? 

I mean old people don't die from normal flu. Why would anyone need vaccination if our immune system was enough? 

Plus I have read that people who didn't die from Covid suffered enough to have lung complications and damaged tissue /organs for the rest of their life. 

That sounds quite terrible. 

Anyway guys, my intention was not to fear monger. 

I apologize if it caused anyone to panic or stress. 

And with that, I leave this thread. Thanks. ¬¬

10 hours ago, kray said:

As a fully vaccinated person, how do I deal with this new wave of covid cases? If I get it, is there a real chance that I will get hospitalized...maybe even die? What can I do to be safe, but also maintain my social life as well? 

If you are fully vaccinated I advice you to not care about covid. This forum thinks death is imaginary but does not even have the balls to walk outside when you are fully vaccinated. The whole reason for lockdown was to stop superspreading and to stop getting old people to get the virus. It was never about the safety of young people. Lots of old ppl were dying which caused extreme reactions of lockdown all over the world.

I would be a lot more afraid of wasting my life in fear than to be afraid of covid when fully vaccinated. The vaccines work! Thats why its an official vaccine.

How can you be afraid to catch a virus outside but not afraid to transcend your ego. To me being afraid of covid is very unspiritual, and I dont mean that in the conspiracy type of way. I understand that lockdowns were necessary. But to individually be afraid of covid, when you are fully vaccinated is just a denial of life and reality. 

So yeah, believe what you want to believe. 

Edited by Goldzilla

Singer

14™

Got Covid last week just recovered.

7 hours ago, Runtz said:

If you are fully vaccinated I advice you to not care about covid. This forum thinks death is imaginary but does not even have the balls to walk outside when you are fully vaccinated. The whole reason for lockdown was to stop superspreading and to stop getting old people to get the virus. It was never about the safety of young people. Lots of old ppl were dying which caused extreme reactions of lockdown all over the world.

I would be a lot more afraid of wasting my life in fear than to be afraid of covid when fully vaccinated. The vaccines work! Thats why its an official vaccine.

How can you be afraid to catch a virus outside but not afraid to transcend your ego. To me being afraid of covid is very unspiritual, and I dont mean that in the conspiracy type of way. I understand that lockdowns were necessary. But to individually be afraid of covid, when you are fully vaccinated is just a denial of life and reality. 

Yeah I was going out to bars all the time and doing whatever the fuck I wanted since getting the vaccine...didnt give a fuck..and well...last week it finally caught up to me and I got Covid...my immune system is normally second to none  but I started getting symptoms after a night out of drinking heavily- which I might add will bring your immune system down to virtually non-existent..that's when the virus finally pounced..so..to sum up it was like the flu or a bad cold for me...I was never really out for the count but I had fever off and on and a bad cough..it wanted to get into my chest and almost did as at times I could feel it when taking deep breaths...overall I was still pretty much functional during the day but nights I needed to take some Tylenol to get to bed.  Anyway let me tell you why you don't want this thing (besides feeling like death at times which should be enough).. You don't want it because there is a really good chance you will lose your smell and taste.  This is no fun because you don't know if you are gonna get it back.   I'm recovered now from the virus but my smell is greatly reduced...I have to stick my nose in something to smell it.  And this affects your taste as well.  My taste is not what it was before but it's OK...it's reduced.   So..I expect to get my full smell and taste back but it's no guarantee.

So guys do not make a mockery out of the virus even if you are young and strong...you don't wanna lose your senses.  And this is coming from someone with a strong immune system..if you don't have a good immune system you should not be fucking with this thing at all..it will lay you down hard....wear a mask and keep your distance from people...avoid large crowds and bars.  Personally now, I am not going to take my own advice because I have the antibodies.  But trust me you don't wanna deal with this beast.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

13 hours ago, Preety_India said:

@Leo Gura  I don't think I'm fear mongering or exaggerating. And if I'm doing it, let me know and I'll take back my comments. 

Thanks. 

You cannot give better advice.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

13 hours ago, Preety_India said:

I mean old people don't die from normal flu. Why would anyone need vaccination if our immune system was enough? 

Yes they do. All the time. I worked in an old folks home for just a little of a year. In just that short time I learned you have to be mindful of making bonds too close with too many of the residents because every wintertime the common flu rolls around and kills a surprising amount of people.

We need vaccines because the human body is only so strong and we live an ever changing biological environment.

The particular issue with Covid is although it's only somewhat more deadly than the flu statistically, it is OVERWHELMINGLY more contagious. So many more people will get it, and many more people will die. Think about it, every year a new common flu strain makes a lap but it's something we barely think about. If you're old or work in healthcare you gotta get a shot, and it's more or less optional for pretty much everyone else. You stay home if you get sick, but that's about it. Hell nobody even ever thinks about wearing a mask when having the flu, it's just common sense to stay away.

Now we have Covid, where even after 8 months of vaccinations, we've mostly opened up from lockdowns and we are seeing it spread like wildfire back to contraction levels we had with no vaccinations and moderate lockdown. This demonstrates exactly how stupidly contagious it is.

Imagine if the vaccine didn't exist, nobody was wearing masks, and there were zero lockdown rules anywhere. There is a very high chance we'd be looking at the collapse of most societies and an extremely strained civilization. Supply chains would break down, global trade would halt, health care systems everywhere would fail.

Somehow a virus that doesn't give a shit who it infects has been politicized though and many morons would be completely fine with all the above, well at least until they couldn't order a big mac in the drive thru, or when they are having a ventilator put down their throat. Mortality has a nice way of purging the stupid out of you, that is if you make it out the other side.

Like I'm pretty sure there were no Black Death deniers and conspiracy theorists back in the day lol. If you were preaching on the streets that it was all a hoax you'd get stoned to death back then xD

hrhrhtewgfegege

15 minutes ago, Roy said:

Like I'm pretty sure there were no Black Death deniers and conspiracy theorists back in the day lol. If you were preaching on the streets that it was all a hoax you'd get stoned to death back then xD

To be fair, I kinda felt gaslighted as though I was fear mongering or something if people were just trying to have fun, but deep down I'm simply being empathetic in not wanting more deaths and wanting people to be extra careful, that's all. I wasn't trying to be pessimistic like one of the users implied. 

I went to washingtonpost.com, read several articles and left comments. I thought I was on a website but thrown in a pit full of awfully poisonous, hungry, bitter and yet fearful snakes.

No matter what a topic was, a narrative of those commentators, around 99% of them, was

"

bha-bha-bha-bha-bha!! not enough mask enforsments -- bad! vacciness for everyone, and forcefully so -- good!
lockdowns -- perhaps good!  bha-bha-bha-bha-bha!! unvaccinated -- always who to blame!! They're selfish!!!
we are the ones saving the planet!
without vaccines - everyone will die!!!

You've recovered with no problem? You've been lucky, this won't happen again!
We're always right!!!

Side effects from vaccines? Ahahhhhaa? It's more probable that you'll fly on Mars on your car than experience those (under a today's article about those, recently discovered or believed to exist now; what a surprise)

"

It's stagerring.

My comments were deleted shortly after.

And there's subtitle on the website there that reads "no democrasy is dark" or something similar, ironically.

---

And by the way, 60% of hospitalisations in Israel now are fully vaccinated. Doesn't it tell you something? To those, who think that a vaccine is a holly grail which everyone, forcefully or not, must receive, and who've been throwring dirt to unvaccinated.

Edited by rnd

How to deal with new waves? I don't know. Perhaps live a healthy life style? As it's always been and will continue to be the case, and against any desease which isn't too serious.

Has anyone heard about these miraculous things called immune system and healthy lifestyle? :D They're given to everyone from birth, and not by sold to them by pharmaceutical firms, as some people think.

Yet, if your heath isn't in good condition, maybe from birth or maybe you've made it such, or you're already old, then PERHAPS FOR YOU a vaccine will be better than nothing. But don't prescribe it to EVERYONE, don't give your expert advice and don't threaten them that without vaccine they'll necessarily die -- because that's not even remotely true.

Edited by rnd