KennedyCarter

Humans are frugivores

78 posts in this topic

On 8/17/2021 at 0:00 PM, Village said:

Meat is the most living and conscious food there is. "Spiritual" people ego tripping with their starvation diets is the most cringe thing there is.

They didn't suffered proper yet, those who bash around animal foods. 

They are still addicted to a Lean type of suffering. 

Singer

14™

@Knowledge Hoarder

4 hours ago, Knowledge Hoarder said:

Moral of the story: eat the shit that's best for your health, regardless of anyone else's opinion. Unless the food is harming you and you're becomming delusional, then the criticism is justified?

If one can eat either a vegan or carnivorous diet and be healthy either way, should one not choose the diet that causes the least suffering and least destruction to our planet? Regardless of anyone's opinion? I agree with that. Opinions dont matter. Destroying lives and our planet however does. I would say that counts as "harming" others, why is harming others not just as much of a turn off as harming yourself? Your choices in diet can harm more than just yourself and ignoring that part and acting like its not real counts as "delusional".

4 hours ago, Knowledge Hoarder said:

. However, I've heard of cases where people's weight dropped significantly, and their teeth started falling out, especially in the case of frutarians, since fructose has catastrophic effect on your teeth. So I don't know? Pretty risky if you ask me.

Fruitarianism has nothing to do with veganism. Totaly different animals.

This is why i put emphasis on how healthy a PROPER vegan diet is. I'm sure any of us can find a ton of cases of people changing to anydiet and having bad effects. But notice how being unhealthy from eating shitty vegan food does not mean being vegan makes you unhealthy. This goes for almost any diet.

Edited by Adodd

10 hours ago, Adodd said:

If one can eat either a vegan or carnivorous diet and be healthy either way

That's a big if. I've never met a healthy vegan in my life. Almost all of them have been depressed, pale, skinny, hormonally disrupted (feminine men and masculine women) and chugging pills, who yet claim that their blood tests are fine and they are therefore healthy human beings.

The whole notion of each person being able to thrive on a completely different diet is fiction. A bulldog, a labrador, a Siberian husky - all have the same digestive tract and eat the same diet. Every cow on earth has the same digestive tract that is designed to digest grass, be it in Switzerland or in Canada. Every single indigenous human group on earth ate an animal product based diet. Yet religious new-age people nowadays bring up the idea that we can just turn into herbivores overnight. It's laughable.

@Village You have met me, I am a healthy vegan ?.

I can show you a lot of healthy vegans, if you want?

Edited by Windappreciator

We sure have come a long way as a species for us to even be having this debate, don't you all think? It wasn't too long ago that all of us - excepting the highest echelons of society - were grateful for every crumb and scrap of food which came our way. There weren't supermarkets. There were no corner stores. There was what you could grow and what you could hunt. No one counted calories. No one cared if it was an animal or a vegetable. Only that they were able to put food in their belly on that day. 

Isn't it interesting that throughout most of the world, even the impoverished among us have access to food and drink the likes of which only kings and emperors once did? 

Seems to me that in reality, the entire subject of Vegan vs Carnivore vs Everything Between is complete foolish nonsense. It is nothing but a display of just how much modern man takes for granted. Seriously... eat what works for you. At the end of the day that's all we have. Someone mentioned dogs and cows. We aren't dogs and cows. Every single one of us has a different biome. This is why drugs affect us all differently. If drugs affect us all differently then so does the food that we eat. 

Every argument here can be rendered null and void anyhow. For instance, yes it is true that animal farming is quite disruptive to the ecosystem. Untold swathes of forest are cut and burned to make room for those animals. Their flatulence and waste pollute the environment... what a travesty this is. Ah.... but do farmers not also cut and burn forest to make room for crops? Take a look at what the soybean farmers in the Amazon have done. All in the name of vegetables. What of the pesticides used on these crops? What of the fact that any given crop, with the exception of hemp, per acre, doesn't even come close to the oxygenating capabilities of even a single tree? What are these crops fertilized with? If not synthetic chemicals, then manure. Manure from the animals being farmed. Ah! Look at that! There is a Leo lesson on dualities, right here. You look at either side long enough and it loops right back around to the other. Thank God there is some sort of balance to all of it... otherwise the entire world would be either one big soybean farm or one big cow farm. How fucked would we be then?

Are we all aware of the prevailing theory pertaining to the expanded cerebral cortexes mentioned earlier in this thread? Supposedly we got them because we started eating cooked meat. 

Also, anyone touting the whole animal suffering thing... that doesn't really fly. Fruits and vegetables are living things, too. Just because we can't perceive their languages the same way we can animals, doesn't mean they are not suffering when we murder them. Yes, it is murder. Just like the squirrel murders the oak tree. Furthermore, since psychopathy and domination has been brought up. What makes you think that your sneaky little ego doesn't get some sort of thrill from dominating a plant? After all, you are bigger than most of them. Far stronger. Did it give you permission to take it's fruit? No, it didn't. What does that make you? Maybe a psychopath who just takes what they want from any plant they want and murders them as you please. 

Anyways, when I am on psychedelics I crave fruit above all else. I will go to the store tripping balls and buy fruit. I am like Goldmember with this shit. The smell of it... the taste of it... the texture of it... the visuals!! Every single piece is like the most masterful painting. So many details. SO many intricate patterns and vibrant colors. There are so many different kinds of fruit... and yet, each fruit is as diverse within it's own type as each type is from itself. Using just grapes for example, no two taste the same. Nor do they look the same or have the same mouth-feel. AND THEY JUST GROW THAT WAY. Most of them do, at least. I mean... you gotta do something to your average meat or vegetable it before it's eatable. Not so for the average fruit. 

@Nhobdy

5 hours ago, Nhobdy said:

We sure have come a long way as a species for us to even be having this debate, don't you all think? It wasn't too long ago that all of us - excepting the highest echelons of society - were grateful for every crumb and scrap of food which came our way. There weren't supermarkets. There were no corner stores. There was what you could grow and what you could hunt. No one counted calories. No one cared if it was an animal or a vegetable. Only that they were able to put food in their belly on that day. 

Isn't it interesting that throughout most of the world, even the impoverished among us have access to food and drink the likes of which only kings and emperors once did? 

Seems to me that in reality, the entire subject of Vegan vs Carnivore vs Everything Between is complete foolish nonsense. It is nothing but a display of just how much modern man takes for granted. Seriously... eat what works for you. At the end of the day that's all we have. Someone mentioned dogs and cows. We aren't dogs and cows. Every single one of us has a different biome. This is why drugs affect us all differently. If drugs affect us all differently then so does the food that we eat. 

Every argument here can be rendered null and void anyhow. For instance, yes it is true that animal farming is quite disruptive to the ecosystem. Untold swathes of forest are cut and burned to make room for those animals. Their flatulence and waste pollute the environment... what a travesty this is. Ah.... but do farmers not also cut and burn forest to make room for crops? Take a look at what the soybean farmers in the Amazon have done. All in the name of vegetables. What of the pesticides used on these crops? What of the fact that any given crop, with the exception of hemp, per acre, doesn't even come close to the oxygenating capabilities of even a single tree? What are these crops fertilized with? If not synthetic chemicals, then manure. Manure from the animals being farmed. Ah! Look at that! There is a Leo lesson on dualities, right here. You look at either side long enough and it loops right back around to the other. Thank God there is some sort of balance to all of it... otherwise the entire world would be either one big soybean farm or one big cow farm. How fucked would we be then?

Are we all aware of the prevailing theory pertaining to the expanded cerebral cortexes mentioned earlier in this thread? Supposedly we got them because we started eating cooked meat. 

Also, anyone touting the whole animal suffering thing... that doesn't really fly. Fruits and vegetables are living things, too. Just because we can't perceive their languages the same way we can animals, doesn't mean they are not suffering when we murder them. Yes, it is murder. Just like the squirrel murders the oak tree. Furthermore, since psychopathy and domination has been brought up. What makes you think that your sneaky little ego doesn't get some sort of thrill from dominating a plant? After all, you are bigger than most of them. Far stronger. Did it give you permission to take it's fruit? No, it didn't. What does that make you? Maybe a psychopath who just takes what they want from any plant they want and murders them as you please. 

Anyways, when I am on psychedelics I crave fruit above all else. I will go to the store tripping balls and buy fruit. I am like Goldmember with this shit. The smell of it... the taste of it... the texture of it... the visuals!! Every single piece is like the most masterful painting. So many details. SO many intricate patterns and vibrant colors. There are so many different kinds of fruit... and yet, each fruit is as diverse within it's own type as each type is from itself. Using just grapes for example, no two taste the same. Nor do they look the same or have the same mouth-feel. AND THEY JUST GROW THAT WAY. Most of them do, at least. I mean... you gotta do something to your average meat or vegetable it before it's eatable. Not so for the average fruit. 

Well said. The lack of appreciation for how far we've come, our differences and adaptability is no small problem.

Going back to the original argument "humans are frugivores" maybe this could be truth for those living in tropics where there is endless abundance of fruits across the year including those such as coconuts, jackfruit, and durian that are slightly higher in protein and also contain some fats. 

As it stands today, with large portion of humanity living in cold regions, fruitarianism simply isn't the answer. Yes, you can import mangos from SOuth America but is that "natural"? Were we really supposed to have eaten food coming from 5000 miles away pretending this is the "natural diet"? A fruitarian in Sweden will probably start losing hair and teeth after 2-3 years unless they can afford to spend their entire monthly salary on fruit not to mention drinking smoothies during -15 in winter is anything but pleasant. 

We have come too far and too apart which is why the question of "whats the best diet for human" has no answer because it is dependant on region, cultural heritage, tradition and most of all climate, soil quality and agricultural availability. 

A naive Californian will think anyone can be vegan because for them, the options are endless, they have great availability of financial resources and are only exposed to people like them who are middle upper class and surrounded by wholefood stores and Costco supermarkets. Well why don't you tell that to a poor shepherd in Nepal or a dairy farmer in Scotland with a rough income of 18-22K per year. Do you think they're gonna start binging on Acai berries and papayas? Historically these people based their diet predominantly around animal food, potatoes and grains and even more animal food, milk, butter and eggs in winter. If they were lucky to live close to a coast, an occasional cod on butter with potatoes was served. 

We can argue all we want but the answer is that there is no answer. It is too complex and too diversified. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

On 8/21/2021 at 10:02 AM, Village said:

That's a big if. I've never met a healthy vegan in my life. Almost all of them have been depressed, pale, skinny, hormonally disrupted (feminine men and masculine women) and chugging pills, who yet claim that their blood tests are fine and they are therefore healthy human beings.

?

On 15.8.2021 at 11:50 PM, impulse9 said:

I don't know, you tell me.

vLlruf8.jpg

Charts like these are notoriously skewed to fit a particular agenda. I would suggest looking up every stat mentioned and cross-reference different sources (but of course, nobody cares to do that because it's essentially the image equivalent gish galloping). Also remember that groups like "frugivore" and "omnivore" are very generalized and do overlap in some areas and that many animals don't fit fully into just one category.

https://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Are_humans_omnivores_or_herbivores%3F

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

I think the diet that causes the most suffering is best for consciousness xD.

There's a reason why the most poverty ridden nations also have the most highly advanced beings. They're all like crap I better get enlightened fast or i have to keep living in these conditions, while we're here in the 1st world arguing about whether hamburgers or acai bowls will bring us enlightenment.

Steve Jobs only ate fruit most his life, and he died of pancreatic cancer. I thought about it a lot after reading his biography, the link between the pancreas and fruit/sugar. That diet definitely* cut his life short.