johnlocke18

Leo, you’re denying criticisms that are true?

265 posts in this topic

I think it's the most appropriate time for @Leo Gura to execute - “leave the forum if you don't understand my teachings. "

I mean at a certain point this frivolity of trying to trigger him in baseless ways in the name of fair critique or whatever nonsense really needs to stop. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

It's not about Leo it is about you and you only and once you really get it you will get it.

It's always better to take full responsability then to extrapolate to teachers.You can only agree or not based on your actual level of awakening vs your teachers.

If it is lower, it is lower and you will never know.

With full right I say that Leo attained highest possible level/state of Conciousness and he is not the only one.

@Inliytened1 He is one of them.

3 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Ok then you tell me because yeah I'm lost.  Are you saying that I am delving too deep with the teachings too quickly? 

I'm saying there is a time and a place to talk about and throw non duality at people, and that time and place isn't... every time and every place

Like I said you seem like a nice guy, I wish you no harm or insult, it just derails conversations which I find needless, but you can carry on as you wish, just ignore me

@Inliytened1 if you don't mind, I think it's best to lock the thread at this point. I see it going nowhere but simply a Leo bashing fest. Leo must be so tired of this. 

4 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

I think it's the most appropriate time for @Leo Gura to execute - “leave the forum if you don't understand my teachings. "

I mean at a certain point this frivolity of trying to trigger him in baseless ways in the name of fair critique or whatever nonsense really needs to stop. 

We cannot be straight up tyrants here.   This isn't about Leo.  This is a place to learn.  If one is here openly to learn then this can be a productive place.  

@Wildfire you seem critical and thats good.  My question to you is do you wish to learn here or have you accepted that you have more wisdom than anyone else here?

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 minute ago, wildflower said:

I'm saying there is a time and a place to talk about and throw non duality at people, and that time and place isn't... every time and every place

Like I said you seem like a nice guy, I wish you no harm or insult, it just derails conversations which I find needless, but you can carry on as you wish, just ignore me

Well this particular forum is for talking non duality.  So we have covered this already.  Get over your fears about it.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Just now, Preety_India said:

@Inliytened1 if you don't mind, I think it's best to lock the thread at this point. I see it going nowhere but simply a Leo bashing fest. Leo must be so tired of this. 

It's not a Leo bashing thread. It's a truthful open discussion. No one is using pejorative language towards him. I have nothing but love for Leo and enjoy his videos. But Im capable of both having love for someone and also an adult honest conversation, maybe Im wierd, but I've been doing this spiritual stuff a long time, it gets easier :) 

1 minute ago, SS10 said:

Just go suck his dick already.

You're looking at this from a gender perspective. I would have said the same thing even if I were a guy 

I kinda don't get some people who come here. Like why do they come here or watch Leo's videos if they have such vitriol for his work. 

And why is supporting him and his hard work looked at in disparaging ways like "go suck his dick." 

I would have supported Leo even if he were a woman. 

It simply doesn't matter.

If I were doing Leo's kind of work I would want support too. 

Supporting someone openly and generously is not the same as blind worshipping like a cult. 

It's simply defending a person and their work.. 

If there is attack, there should be defense as well. 

2 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

You're looking at this from a gender perspective. I would have said the same thing even if I were a guy 

I kinda don't get some people who come here. Like why do they come here or watch Leo's videos if they have such vitriol for his work. 

And why is supporting him and his hard work looked at in disparaging ways like "go suck his dick." 

I would have supported Leo even if he were a woman. 

It simply doesn't matter.

If I were doing Leo's kind of work I would want support too. 

Supporting someone openly and generously is not the same as blind worshipping like a cult. 

It's simply defending a person and their work.. 

If there is attack, there should be defense as well. 

@SS10 has been spanked for his ignorance

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

5 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

We cannot be straight up tyrants here.   This isn't about Leo.  This is a place to learn.  If one is here openly to learn then this can be a productive place.  

Well the decision is up to you of course. 

But I guess we should empathize with Leo as well..

Although we say this is not about Leo, these threads directly talk about Leo rather than his teachings. 

For example using words Like "messiah" and "cult of personality" are more of a personal attack rather than discussing any of his teachings frankly. 

@Leo Gura No you contradicted yourself on this thread and you do it on your videos here and there as well. It’s not a fallacy or it doesn’t just seem that way. You can literally just say “yeah I said that but changed my mind.” Instead of dance around and convince people they’re deluded when you actually said this stuff. What do you expect? You’re not too busy to respond to things on this forum all day. You’re dancing around with wordplay and speaking a lot of nothing. I don’t see how it’s 10 years of deep study you’ve just been repeating the same stuff I only realized this when I started paying attention. You don’t consider criticism though. This dude pointed out things you actually said and you just deflect. 

Edited by johnlocke18

@johnlocke18 The only problem you have is that you didn’t experienced how magical this work is. 
It’s just coming from ignorance and laziness to dig deeper. 

1 minute ago, johnlocke18 said:

@Leo Gura But hey I’m just some ordinary dude why not speak with this adeptus fellow like you told him you would? If you have time to respond on this forum you have time to do a video with him. You’re not doing anymore to “feed the trolls” as you say because he already gets views off you why not shut him up? If you dare ;). Lmao 

Adeptus has no interest in waking up.  He is not nearly ready for it 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Inliytened1 let me explain this another way. 

Please look at the title of the thread. 

If someone has a problem with Leo's teachings, the title should have been something like - "I disagree with what Leo said here." 

For example I made a fair critique of Leo's dating views. 

But my title was “Leo's views on dating. "

However many of these titles and threads are along the lines of....." Leo, you're denying", "Leo you're wrong", "Leo don't do this", "Leo don't do that." 

It's more like trying to control Leo and how he should think in their eyes rather than a simple disagreement with his opinions. 

Wanting someone to change to suit one's own paradigm is not the same as disagreeing with their views. 

1 minute ago, Preety_India said:

@Inliytened1 let me explain this another way. 

Please look at the title of the thread. 

If someone has a problem with Leo's teachings, the title should have been something like - "I disagree with what Leo said here." 

For example I made a fair critique of Leo's dating views. 

But my title was “Leo's views on dating. "

However many of these titles and threads are along the lines of....." Leo, you're denying", "Leo you're wrong", "Leo don't do this", "Leo don't do that." 

It's more like trying to control Leo and how he should think in their eyes rather than a simple disagreement with his opinions. 

Wanting someone to change to suit one's own paradigm is not the same as disagreeing with their views. 

True and if me and @wildflower derailed the thread so be it. I'm just tired of people getting caught up with Leo and missing what is being said in the videos..because they can bring you to God.  It's good stuff 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Just now, Inliytened1 said:

True and if me and @wildflower derailed the thread so be it. I'm just tired of people getting caught up with Leo and missing what is being said in the videos..because they can bring you to God.  It's good stuff 

I agree. 

Just because someone has done years of psychedelics doesn't automatically mean they are awakened or enlightened or spiritually grown. 

Some people have started wearing "I have done psychedelics" as some sort of a badge. 

It's another form of spiritual dick measuring contest.

One such example is that Adeptus dude. 

@Preety_India IMO it's completely legit to voice your opinion and negative criticism as well as calling out "gurus" when they are acting in ways that you deem harmful. 

It is in fact what keeps a group in check and healthy.

You don't need to study thousands of hours to do this. That's actually a dangerous road: "don't criticize me unless you have reached my level of understanding and introspection". Lol, this would sound quite narcissistic to every psychologist. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm against trolling, insults and attacks, but Leo is (like he himself said) just a dude and anyone can call him out respectfully. Yes, he has shared tons of valuable information and insights. That doesn't mean he can't contradict himself, act arrogantly and in condescending ways. He actually does it quite a lot on the forum and it's perfectly normal that some people pick up on this and are going to speak up. 

That's not projecting. Telling people who criticize him for this that they are projecting is gaslighting 101. 

1 minute ago, Farnaby said:

@Preety_India IMO it's completely legit to voice your opinion and negative criticism as well as calling out "gurus" when they are acting in ways that you deem harmful. 

It is in fact what keeps a group in check and healthy.

You don't need to study thousands of hours to do this. That's actually a dangerous road: "don't criticize me unless you have reached my level of understanding and introspection". Lol, this would sound quite narcissistic to every psychologist. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm against trolling, insults and attacks, but Leo is (like he himself said) just a dude and anyone can call him out respectfully. Yes, he has shared tons of valuable information and insights. That doesn't mean he can't contradict himself, act arrogantly and in condescending ways. He actually does it quite a lot on the forum and it's perfectly normal that some people pick up on this and are going to speak up. 

That's not projecting. Telling people who criticize him for this that they are projecting is gaslighting 101. 

And using the garb of criticism to harass someone is bullying 101.

Which Adeptus is doing.