Someone here

Why are we limited?

37 posts in this topic

The Universe is slave to how it desires to be. 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

18 hours ago, Someone here said:

Anyone else feels like this world is so limited and limiting?

The question about reason of existence in general was answered by @mandyjw. Non-existence does not exist. Poof, here we are.

As for why you exist as this particular human on Earth in this particular time - this is a relative question regarding your life purpose and it can only be answered for yourself.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

there is a we, there is no we, there is neither we nor no we, there is both a we and no we

2 hours ago, erik8lrl said:

So that infinity is more beautiful in comparison, and then in that comparison, the finite also becomes infinitely more beautiful (when compared to the infinite). So both infinitely contrast each other to maximize love/God/Self infinite times more and more and more...

Once you experience true God-consciousness you will look at all the mundane things in your existence and be in absolute awe of what an impossible miracle it is that you are experiencing this existence right now. Out of all the infinite possibilities of existence, all the different dimensions and beings and experiences you could have been, you are here right now. Tho mundane, that mundaneness becomes divine in comparison to the infinite glory of God.  

Indeed...it is absolutely astonishing. It's absolutely infinite in all dimensions..and infinitely intelligent..perhaps that's what makes it so beautiful.  And it is you.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

2 hours ago, Nahm said:

@Someone here

Why are we limited?

Interest seems to go to the ‘limited’, but the revelation lies in the ‘we’. 

We=physical body. In this context. 

You can't deny that your body is limited. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

Yes i can deny this, i can deny that my body is limited. I'm experiencing stuff of the magnitude of paranormal, is something normal for me, i'd say this is the natural. Limited body, limited mindset, they go together. This cannot be grasped without awakening, there is no debate. 

Edited by Goldzilla

Singer

14™

41 minutes ago, Goldzilla said:

I can deny that my body is limited.

You seem to have two eyes and one mouth like the rest of us.. Do you have to eat and use the rest room every day as well?  Seems pretty limited IMO. 

-Osho

On 09/08/2021 at 7:36 PM, Someone here said:

This sense of non-doer makes me feel limited and stuck without control.

For me, it's quite the opposite. It's the ultimate freedom.

Since doership is an illusion, that means in reality I'm not really doing anything, it's all just happening spontaneously by itself, and for my sake. Therefore the whole notion of limitedness is illusory, and I am free to do whatever I want.

If you feel limited in any way, that's because you're chasing things that you don't really want but think that you do. Probably due to cultural upbringing. Question those things, and get to the bottom of it. Realize your deepest desires, and actualize them.

Feeling "bad" is an indicator that you're going after the wrong things, which makes you out of alignment with your true authentic self. Get in touch with your true self, and you will find freedom.

Edited by Gesundheit2

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

38 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

I am free to do whatever I want.

free or slave?  Can you do other than what you want, or are you limited to doing what you want? 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

36 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

free or slave?  Can you do other than what you want, or are you limited to doing what you want?

Useless philosophy/mental masturbation.

I would suggest questioning the notions of freedom and slavery instead. Ultimately, the distinction collapses, and the truth remains.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

7 hours ago, Someone here said:

Right. That’s the assumption…the ‘separate selves’, ‘separate physical bodies’, which are ‘limited’. 

That I share your belief is another assumption. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Someone here

So that existence can be. Would be nothing without limitation, in a sense everything is a limitation, besides who you really are as Unlimited Love. 

Why is limitation usually considered a bad thing? Egos always wanna have things their way rather then go with what has been gifted to you from God. Rather then flow with what is already so.

You are not "stuck in this body", you have been given a canvas to create a dance with, a canvas we usually refer to as life. The best dancers are in synch with each other, you are in a dance with the universe, the Eternal Dance. Find your flow with it. 

Your body is limited if you believe your body is just the ape. Your Body is the Universe. 

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

@Someone here It can certainly feel that way when we are viewing life through our very limited finite ego mind. We feel very differently though before we choose to create a human life to explore. We know we are immortal and eternal and have a desire to explore a diverse variety of experiences. You know you are unlimited and immortal, so you create limitations to have the journey of overcoming them. God is endlessly curious and creative. You will be creating puzzle's to solve, games to play and challenges to overcome forever. 

8 hours ago, Matthew85 said:

You will be creating puzzle's to solve, games to play and challenges to overcome forever. 

Not sure if this is a good news or bad news. 

-Osho