Brandon L

How to have mystical experiences without taking psychedelics?

23 posts in this topic

I know that you can obtain mystical experiences through taking psychedelics, but are there any other ways besides just taking psychedelics?

I know that there are some things like...

• Meditation

• Kundalini yoga

• Samadhi yoga

• Shamanic breathing

These things I listed are the ones that I hear have similar experiences related to psychedelics.

Is there any other ways?

Tons of intense contemplation and intensive meditation. But don’t sell yourself short. I would not limit myself to non-psychedelics, unless you have a good reason. “I can’t find them” simply means you don’t have a strong enough desire for them.

5 minutes ago, The0Self said:

Tons of intense contemplation and intensive meditation. But don’t sell yourself short. I would not limit myself to non-psychedelics, unless you have a good reason. “I can’t find them” simply means you don’t have a strong enough desire for them.

?

If you’re dead set on not using psychedelics for now, 2 of the best teachers I know of for that type of path are Rob Burbea and Bentinho Massaro.

@The0Self The only psychedelic I have is 5 meo dmt. I got the 5 meo myself from the toad here in Arizona. I just haven't smoked it yet.

I am interested in psychedelics, but trying to find where you can them isn't that easy (for me personally) but I don't want to get into where you can find more. The 5 meo is good enough for me right now. 

I was just curious to know if there were any other ways people obtain mystical experiences without taking the psychedelics. 

1 hour ago, Brandon L said:

other ways people obtain mystical experiences without taking the psychedelics.

Had very good success in this with meditation myself. Contemplation, understanding, experimenting with ways/lenses of viewing experience, Metta, etc. Also self inquiry a la Ramana Maharshi worked very well.

The jhanas are almost as mystical as it gets, especially the formless jhanas. They do not require any psychedelic experience — though I can’t really say that for sure because when I manifested them for the first time, I had already used plenty of psychedelics.

Edited by The0Self

There is the term Kundalini in India and spiritual world.

Recently i discovered that Kundalini only refers to what we call Yang or light side of the human system. The old concept of Kundalina, the dark side of the human system, we had it for a long time. Only recently in the later hundreds of years the right side gained more notoriety, after medieval age. So, there is knowledge hidden from ths public, through grades, universities, museums, old archives, etc.

Singer

14™

Long meditation retreats is what you need.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Brandon L out of body experiences. But this takes a lot of time. Would not really recommend it to learn because psychedelics can do that easy

I vouch for yoga. The combination of breathing and movement works the best. After some time you can cut down on yoga and just meditate or do pranayama more, but first you have to build a foundation for a few years. The classic Hatha yoga or something similar not modified too much and not too fast will be the best.

Master comes when student is ready. You should look closely at the fact that you're trying to obtain mystical experiences. Who is the one that is trying to obtain them? Your main problem is you think washing the dishes isn't a mystical experience. Sometimes to find something you need to stop searching.

Edited by impulse9

@OBEler I did have some crazy experiences while having obes, like astral projection. 

It can take a lot of consciousness. Train meditation and contemplation. All kinds of things can produce mystical experiences. Eventually mystical experiences can be essentially DONE -- since reality itself is recognized to be the deepest mystical experience possible, already... But I digress...

Before you get to that point, anyway... One thing that can induce a mystical experience is to imagine 2 people -- one giving an object to the 2nd, and the 2nd obviously receiving the object... "Unify" that. Sort of just imagine being one of them, and the other, at the same time... With the transfer of the "object" in view. Feel how it's almost a higher dimension and timeless "shape." Now you might access a sort of "next level" above this reality, and you can explore that Imaginal realm in a timeless fashion -- giving and receiving happening "at the same time" timelessly... Notice how cause and effect is a sham. Go deeper. Expand. Make an art out of it... Notice the miracle of it. Notice how it's empty perception floating in nothingness with no separate person aware of it -- it's just miraculously, and perhaps even terrifyingly, WHAT IT IS... If it doesn't blow your mind, it's not what I'm trying to convey. It's almost impossible to convey, but yeah, go ahead and try it. Knock yourself out. Preferably after a brief meditation sit or at least after warming up by noting or breath counting, etc.

Edited by The0Self

Stop efforting to get somewhere better and realize that this is mystical AF. Once you find the swift current of that it takes you unimaginable places without you ever leaving home. 

Current, a stream of energy, water, etc. Current, right f-ing now. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Chasing mystical experiences is the least likely path to realizing them. 

Happiness is like a butterfly which, when pursued, is always beyond our grasp, but which, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you.

Instead of chaining yourself to the result of your actions, learn the art of being in the present moment, regardless of the results. Presence is its own reward.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

21 hours ago, Brandon L said:

I know that you can obtain mystical experiences through taking psychedelics, but are there any other ways besides just taking psychedelics?

I know that there are some things like...

• Meditation

• Kundalini yoga

• Samadhi yoga

• Shamanic breathing

These things I listed are the ones that I hear have similar experiences related to psychedelics.

Is there any other ways?

What you are missing is a mystical experience is void of ego.  If you come from the angle of trying to achieve a mystical experience it will not happen.  It will not happen because the ego is seizing it for itself.   So use the tools laid out and self inquire rather than seek.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

5 minutes ago, Moksha said:

Chasing mystical experiences is the least likely path to realizing them. 

I'd agree maybe if one has never experienced them. Or has difficulty manifesting them. But once it gets going, seeking and desiring deeper mystical experiences is the fastest way to deepen them.

1 minute ago, The0Self said:

I'd agree maybe if one has never experienced them. Or has difficulty manifesting them. But once it gets going, seeking and desiring deeper mystical experiences is the fastest way to deepen them.

They are glimpses into full awakening.  Once you have full awakening there is no more need to seek further ones.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 minute ago, The0Self said:

Shoutout to Rob Burbea’s Jhana retreat on Dharmaseed! Those lectures changed the entire trajectory of my meditation practice.