Carl-Richard

Post- Dunning-Kruger depression

39 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, LastThursday said:

And, the ego being humbled is no bad thing. It gives you the space to appreciate how smart and wonderful other people are too.

That is the best part 😊

To balance beauty and complexity so perfectly is a divine mystery.

1 hour ago, flowboy said:

I don't recall any sort of depression from this

I did not mean depression in a clinical sense. That was just a funny way to put it. It's about the realization of one's relative incompetence and how it changes how you perceive yourself and the world.

1 hour ago, flowboy said:

sounds like an issue of taking the mind too seriously.

It's not like I'm pulling my hair out because of this. It was simply an interesting observation. It's possible to be highly meta-aware of your own mind while also noticing finer distinctions about the limitations of that mind.

@flowboy Oh hero flowboy is coming to inform us what's true.

Go on mate, here we go don't even have the balls to quote me.

Let's do this. Haha this will be good.

꧁◍❅◍❅◍❅◍❅◍(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.->     𝒳    >-.¸¸.·`¯´·.¸¸.·`¯( ◍❅◍❅◍❅◍❅◍꧂

▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ ▉  𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖔𝖘 ᥴ᥅ꫀꪖꪻ꠸ꪜ꠸ꪻꪗ  ▉ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁

ℝ ⁼ ᴬ¹ 𝕩 ᴬ² > 𝕊^ᵂ < ᴿ~ ⁼ ᴹ ⁽ⁱⁿᶜˡᵘˢⁱᵛⁱᵗʸ⁾

Posted (edited)

@flowboy If you don't question yourself about a possible higher level or better approach you could have taken, you will hardly learn and grow yourself. You might further suffering out of self imposed positive ignorance.

Edited by Windappreciator

so many times, it's unbelievable. 

Then you get back down and feel at the bottom for a few days or weeks before being lifted up again through some experience like advising someone or whatever and then you get smacked back down again 

It's like that tradition in japan where you continuously hammer the rice cake, again and again and again, until it becomes the ultimate, sweetest and tastiest rice cake. 

Posted (edited)

11 minutes ago, Swarnim said:

Then you get back down and feel at the bottom for a few days or weeks before being lifted up again through some experience like advising someone or whatever and then you get smacked back down again 

I only get more aware of it when I'm writing something for example. It's like "welp, here comes Mr. Dunning-Kruger again with his tryhard word salad" 😂

Edited by Carl-Richard

@Carl-Richard Right now, the past few weeks have been really hard coming to terms with how delusional I can be at times and all the ways it manifests - how can the mind be sooo tricky?  I feel silly, that I was blind by such obvious things.  I can't even fully describe it, it feels like sloughing off a fog in an area of awareness where I felt so sure of things.  Ah well.... life goes on.  I get it.

72e338f831abe13aa13131f952f53ed0.jpg

⊱⊱⊰⊰

@Loba Nothing wrong with a little, you see things so differently to most other people. That's more than just a peculiar thing you know. You've generated many unique perspectives.

Posted (edited)

@Preety_India It's like going to a visual-linguistic art gallery. It can be as simple as an adjustment in perception to rounded perspectivism.

I learn unique things from many men and women's shares on here. 

This is also the kind of value system I'd like to contribute to outside of a more rigid closed minded view.  

We need more people like Loba, they inform the perception of others to take in a greater multidimensionality.

In this sense, she is a part of growing universal consciousness, this I believe if we were to choose, should be the primary endeavour of humanity.

She shouldn't lower herself because she feels overcrowded by mainstream ways of looking at, conceiving of and expressing the world she experiences.

Edited by ll Ontology ll

@ll Ontology ll I was talking about your gain in the post dunning Krueger with respect to your own meta awareness ?

Have you contemplated that aside from people you could yourself choose to think outside your own box? Isn't that meta awareness?

INTP loner... .shy girl.. The devil loves me a bit too much. 

Quick access to journal entries

We may as well add the model for those who are unfamiliar with it. 

This is such a brilliant depiction of ignorance stemming from lack of experience. You can just see this phenomenon on social media beautifully. 

curve.JPG

MY WEBSITE  I'm a certified nutritionist & health coach. I help men who struggle with chronic health problems, to remember what happy & healthy feels like. 

HEALTH E-BOOKS - learn how to boost your mental performance, energy and health (free download) 

Posted (edited)

@Preety_India

27 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

@ll Ontology ll I was talking about your gain in the post dunning Krueger with respect to your own meta awareness ?

Have you contemplated that aside from people you could yourself choose to think outside your own box? Isn't that meta awareness?

I don't really connect myself with the models of others other than a narration of my own perspective (good share though @Michael569 ), its at the very latest the second or third step when it comes to truly understanding a perspective of the world outside our own. We all know everything is connected, however the fields within science are often too sparsely connected and people do not strive for connecting their understandings because they do have these related difficulties. Confidence of course can mean different things and is often confused in many ways when its applied socially and in a scientific context, as well as even across scientific contexts which brings about contradictions that are often unresolved but still used as examples when we're loaded with confirmation bias. So with your questions, what is it that you're precisely asking, simply what else I have learned or what other adaptations I have made or could come up with? 

Otherwise I agree with the relationship in part you've drawn between this effect and the capacity, as it is chosen to be applied whether internally or externally, for empathy, the limits of which does not define goodness but creates the space for it relative to the nature of the qualities that are expressed in the person, some more dominant than others. Empathy as a whole has solidarity in perspectivism and perspectivism the contrast that generates the insight we need to further our knowledge as we need to apply it in the moment.

Edited by ll Ontology ll

1 hour ago, ll Ontology ll said:

@Preety_India It's like going to a visual-linguistic art gallery. It can be as simple as an adjustment in perception to rounded perspectivism.

I learn unique things from many men and women's shares on here. 

This is also the kind of value system I'd like to contribute to outside of a more rigid closed minded view.  

We need more people like Loba, they inform the perception of others to take in a greater multidimensionality.

In this sense, she is a part of growing universal consciousness, this I believe if we were to choose, should be the primary endeavour of humanity.

She shouldn't lower herself because she feels overcrowded by mainstream ways of looking at, conceiving of and expressing the world she experiences.

A mere glimpse into the described perspectivism that would turn this place into a wonderland that I'd love to be a part of but unfortunately I roam around in with only the few, and some would say, exceptional:

giphy.gif

Acting arrogant is very fun though

I have the opposite issue. I doubt myself too much, so when I achieve something, something unimportant, I get super impressed with myself and then contemplate with how hard I was on myself.

لا إله إلا الله، وليو رسول الله

Yeah a lot.

I call this I am above that/ over that bias XDXD

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

Knowing that I am stupid is easy. Accepting it make me have some big confusion. That one night is the worst night that I ever experienced. Forced to accept my own stupidity. My "yes I know" attitude is no serving shit. 

Notice the "intellegence mask" would come again.. It wont stop easily. 

If you broke now. Rest your mind, get out from your phone. Notice your mind will clinging to something trying to avoid the work, accepting it :D