Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Preety_India

How can I become free ?

12 posts in this topic

How can I liberate myself from this existence called life ?

I feel a lot of things in this world are an illusion and it seems humans are stuck in this illusion.

How can I stop living ?

What can make me feel like I'm not living anymore !

What can set me free ?

Of course I'm not talking about death.

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

It seems to me that you're seeking freedom in the form of conceptualization (thoughts, ideas, emotions, answers, etc). Am I right? Correct me if I'm wrong though.

@Preety_India

The freedom you are looking for lies in the freedom from the "I" concept that seems like wants to become free. Try to lessen the identification with "I" concept. For that you have to let go the "strong" opinions about everything and see that the existence is more important than the things that happening inside it. The moto can be: "Everything is needed, nothing is important". Try to live with this moto - whatever comes to your life is needed, take it with appreciation, but it's not important, the fact of existence is. The truth will set you free.

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

what you call your life is basically your ego. The whole story, the movie, every image, thought, idea, is your ego, a creation of the mind, illusory and unreal. the real is empty, nothing, without hold, unlimited, undifferentiated. the solution: detach yourself from your ego completely, undo the ties with your story. dare to enter the void, to be the void. It is not easy to substitute something for nothing, it is true, but as the saying goes, nothing is going to make you happy until nothing makes you happy

Edited by Breakingthewall

@Preety_India I'm just curious why you feel like that in the first place? Life is a wonderful thing, although self admittedly I haven't lived a difficult one compared to some..

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

Meditation is how. Over conceptualization without the embodiment of practice seems to make the situation worse. Most people have no idea how much they’re suffering and that the world is a complete illusion. After we open up to this reality at a deep, conceptual level, this can be very disorienting, creating existential crises. 

The path to freedom lies in the ability to be in all moments without being dragged around, manipulated, and lied to by the mind. Meditation is this practice. Meditation is a practice of an entire rewiring of the mind long term such that we see there is no one here, happiness is found within, and that the only enduring quality of existence is complete and utter emptiness, which counter intuitively, gives way to immeasurable beauty and reverence for the world of form. 

3 hours ago, Preety_India said:

What can make me feel like I'm not living anymore !

It sounds like you're in pain and that's what needs healing. Maybe your thought about not living is all about not suffering instead? You say here that you want to feel, and feeling is part of life. But we all want happy feelings not suffering don't we? I'm sorry if life seems bleak, I hope we in the forum can give you a collective hug of support. Like you've supported so many others with your kind words. As well as 'spiritual' methods, have you tried talking therapies, counselling etc? 

Edited by snowyowl

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

This morning I tried assembling a shelving inside a cupboard, because my brilliant engineer husband designed a GIANT cupboard space with a teeny, tiny little door. I found myself flipping it around, couldn't get it straight, smashing into everything, couldn't get the screws to line up. Wanted to smash everything to pieces. Took a two minute break, emptied the entire cupboard, went back to it and BOOM, it all went together perfectly. 

That's what meditation (or any kind of dropping resistance of focus on the problem) does for us. Seems like giving up, but it's not, it's just letting in the solution. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

2 hours ago, allislove said:

@Preety_India

The freedom you are looking for lies in the freedom from the "I" concept that seems like wants to become free. Try to lessen the identification with "I" concept. For that you have to let go the "strong" opinions about everything and see that the existence is more important than the things that happening inside it. The moto can be: "Everything is needed, nothing is important". Try to live with this moto - whatever comes to your life is needed, take it with appreciation, but it's not important, the fact of existence is. The truth will set you free.

well said ... however i wouldn't omit the first half of that bible verse, it is where most slip up

dh.jpg

What makes up this I character?

If that body was born in Russia it would have a completely different set of beliefs and outlooks.

I is a product of external cultural conditioning which includes the way your parents or guardians helped raise that body from a young age.

You were told you are a separate unique individual with free will and choice yet given all the ingredients to be that individual.

It can be seen clearly that this I character is just a concept.

When this is seen clearly the I construct can become loose and unstable like a house of cards.

This can be difficult because the I construct wants something solid to hang onto and identify as.

This I construct does not like instability and it will paint a doomsday picture. 

Its unreality needs to simply be seen clearly. ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi