Virtus

Should you start pick up at 17

22 posts in this topic

I wanted to start it when I was 16 but felt like it was too early. And my brother told me the same. So the question is not whether or not should I do it because I will definitely do it but more like when should I do it. Is 17y too early and should I wait another year or two? 

Do what you feel you want to do 17 is ok if you start young you'll get very good a it in your twenties !

just try to don't get obsessed with the girls / sex because it could be problematic in the future

Well what I mean by too early is that maybe sex and sexual attraction in that age is not as developed yet. And sex is done more for feeling and looking more mature. But I can't tell because it's not that way for me. 

Reframe the question to "should i learn how to talk to girls and develop good social skills" and then you've answered your question. 

I would work on building an attractive physique and learning about proper diet, start building out a good appearance and the rest will follow naturally.

Also for the love of god DON'T get into incel/blackpill theory and tread carefully around red pill ideology. @Virtus

Start yes...your old self will thank you for it...just approaching and getting rejected can grow you...

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

the way i determine what decisions to make is based off the context at hand. so i dont know exactly what the entire context for you is so i cant give you advice, cuz id be going off very little information

that being said, doing anything early is great because you just get more value in the long-run, versus procrastinating or keep it off. it also sort of depends on what you feel is more important to you i think and what you value/need at the moment 

theoretically i dont see much wrong with doing pickup at a younger age. i would just say to filter it through what you feel is right/important  

Edited by Jacob Morres

5 minutes ago, Bando said:

I would work on building an attractive physique and learning about proper diet, start building out a good appearance and the rest will follow naturally.

Also for the love of god DON'T get into incel/blackpill theory and tread carefully around red pill ideology. @Virtus

Already doing it and no there is no chance of me going that way. 

I actually need the social skills so I may as well do it. I guess my question is: Is sexual attraction relevant to that age? 

@Jacob Morres Its a priority so I already set my mind on doing it. So I guess the question changed. I wrote it in the previous post

At that age you are in school. What more do you need? It's like you're in a nightclub for 6 hours 5 days a week!

Use school to learn to flirt with girls. It only gets harder once you're out.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

26 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

At that age you are in school. What more do you need? It's like you're in a nightclub for 6 hours 5 days a week!

Use school to learn to flirt with girls. It only gets harder once you're out.

Agreed

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

@Leo Gura Yo Leo u always talk about picking up girls at a night club sober as you dont drink, but docent that imply that the girls you are picking up have been drinking/ are intoxicated?

46 minutes ago, coca said:

but docent that imply that the girls you are picking up have been drinking/ are intoxicated?

Some yes, some no. Depends. Doesn't really matter. I prefer girls who don't drink or drink little.

I've lost plenty of girls simply because they drank so much they were too sick to have sex with.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Leo has a good point here OP. In school you can interact with people easily so no need for actual pick up. Just be active, join groups and shit and try to be as social as possible. I developed my social skills A LOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT in high school, especially the third year of it and am i grateful to this day for it. At your age you can learn super fast so no need to force much outside the initial act of taking iniciative to socialize. The rest will happen pretty naturally. You should continue this in college also.  I do not advise to become overly social if that is not your personality, however some decent social skills are kind of necessary to succed in life. Find a good balance just like in everything else. 

VERY IMPORTANT TIP: When you interact with someone new, do not see the interaction in terms of making a new friend, see it in terms of getting 1 hour of more practice in socializing with new people. Might happen that some people will not really want to hang out with you or have conflicting friends groups/different schedules etc. In these cases never go and say to yourself: "I wasted 1 hour socializing with someone i will not really be friends with or hang out with". NO NO NO NO, you did 1 hour of practice in the skill of socializing. You should be proud of it. You made a small improvement

@Leo Gura Dosent it matter if they are making decisions disinhibited while you are sober? If you've had some experience with alcohol you know it can definitely, well let's say, skew ones perceptions for the night and make girls way looser. Its legally rape. Also why would you sleep with drunk women if you don't promote pump/dump and have explicitly outlined that girls who drink are a dealbreaker when u are looking for a girlfriend, a lot of girls who go out to clubs are regular drinkers/smokers/party girls. I would just personally feel uncomfortable gaming drunk girls sober, Id wanna at least get on their playing field.