Bob Seeker

What is appealing about having children?

55 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, snowyowl said:

@Blackhawk  The notion I'm contemplating at the moment is more like 'form is consciousness and consciousness is form'. The human form seems to be the most far-out in the sense of pretending to be separate and your experience of life is that it's tough so ofc your perspective is valid that you don't want to perpetuate suffering. 

Interesting isn't it that it's generally poorer people and countries which have higher birth rates; when they develop economically, women get decent careers etc, that the birth rate drops. 

It's probably because they start popping out babies when they are unhappy, in an attempt to get more happy.

2 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Blackhawk

This could change your life my man. 

Thanks..

@Blackhawk You should try to survey people on whether they are happy for being alive or not and see if that produces an acceptable statistic. My intuition is that it will lean mostly in favour of the former.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

4 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

Yes, the entire human species should go extinct.

No life isn't a roller coaster, life is a constant downward descent.

No doubt, eventually the human species will go extinct, or evolve into a form even more capable of Self-realization. But have you asked why Consciousness created humans in the first place? Why are "you" even here? Perhaps there is a purpose in existence, beyond the demand for perpetual gratification. Maybe the purpose is the profound realization that happiness is already within you, carefully hidden beneath millennial layers of biological and social conditioning.

On life dynamics, have you considered that your view that humans are bound to a constant downward descent is informed by your own experience up to now? Who knows whether your personal downward trajectory will continue, or whether it will turn a corner into an entirely new direction that you never imagined? And what if it that has already happened for others? Sure, I am getting wrinklier and grayer, and eventually this form will die, but I suffer much less now. From this avatar's perspective, life is precious and worth celebrating.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

1 hour ago, Moksha said:

But have you asked why Consciousness created humans in the first place?

Yes.

1 hour ago, Moksha said:

Why are "you" even here?

I don't know.

1 hour ago, Moksha said:

Perhaps there is a purpose in existence, beyond the demand for perpetual gratification. Maybe the purpose is the profound realization that happiness is already within you, carefully hidden beneath millennial layers of biological and social conditioning.

I don't think so.

1 hour ago, Moksha said:

On life dynamics, have you considered that your view that humans are bound to a constant downward descent is informed by your own experience up to now? 

Yes.

1 hour ago, Moksha said:

Who knows whether your personal downward trajectory will continue, or whether it will turn a corner into an entirely new direction that you never imagined?

I don't think so.

1 hour ago, Moksha said:

And what if it that has already happened for others? Sure, I am getting wrinklier and grayer, and eventually this form will die, but I suffer much less now. From this avatar's perspective, life is precious and worth celebrating.

Maybe, cool then, but not for many other people.

45 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

I don't know.

I don't think so.

I don't think so.

xD

I get it. I spent most of my life in my head, despite having a spiritual side as well. It is the perennial battle between Awake vs. Asleep, Luke vs. Darth Vader, Consciousness vs. Ego.

Opening your eyes is the simple realization that thinking is the barricade to being. I have seen that my thoughts never lead to happiness, peace, or love. They are a depthless cesspool that constantly threatens to pull you under, if you let it. Thoughts never let go, so it is on you to let go of them. When you do, what is left?

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

Well, personally, I like the idea of creating an amazing environment for (my) children so that they can go onto accomplish the greatest things in life and help advance humanity in some meaningful way. It’s just that, my own little experiment and side project, I’d say. 

I think raising a little person into an adult and teaching them all the life lessons I wish I had growing up will be nice.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

5 hours ago, Thought Art said:

I think raising a little person into an adult and teaching them all the life lessons I wish I had growing up will be nice.

You think it will be nice.

Can't you see how selfish you are when you have that mindset?

I once meditated on my second chakra, the chakra of sexuality, passion and creativity. Then I felt a genuine desire to have children. It made me realize that we all naturally have that desire unless we have trauma in our second chakra.

The road to God is paved with bliss.

3 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

You think it will be nice.

Done the survey yet?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

On 26/6/2021 at 8:11 PM, Dryas said:

Well, personally, I like the idea of creating an amazing environment for (my) children so that they can go onto accomplish the greatest things in life and help advance humanity in some meaningful way. It’s just that, my own little experiment and side project, I’d say. 

I feel the same

According to research, those who have the best experience raising children are the ones who enjoy watching the child’s natural development unfold.

A Call to Live Differently: https://angeloderosa.com

I've experienced too much suffering in my life, fuck bringing another person into this world

Get a dog, adopt a child. You can't guarantee that your kid won't have some severe disability

Edited by bliss54