Hyacinth

Spiral dynamics- how do you evolve from green to yellow?

39 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Keef said:

@Leo Gura Say both parents are green or yellow, does the kid come out green or yellow?

I don’t think you know the profundity and depth of the question you just asked as it’s an incredibly deep and complex one. 

I’m going to make this a rather personal example as it’s a good example because it highlights how much this stuff is nowhere near as black and white as I seem most people tend to think. 

I grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area (1/2 in San Francisco, 1/2 in Marin County). I don’t know if you live in the States but here in the US our public scholastic system are really Amber (Spiral Dynamics value Blue) structures but in SF, interestingly enough, Green memetic values systems and world views have penetrated and permeated the framework of the school systems. Which - to leave a very important key point - I want you to notice that the infrastructure itself did not change. We have a scholastic system is 150+ years old that has not adapted and it’s a real problem. All that happened in the leading edge cities were that the dogmas and values and relational strategies from the administrators and teachers with the students changed to a more Green meme style. 

In any case, it’s true that, for an individual, there is no skipping of stages. That said... it’s not that simple. How skewed their development can be very much depends on the altitude of development of those a child growing up is relating to. There’s a big reason kids that grow up in Amber ethnocentric communities tend to be a bit more whole and embodied for their current stage rather than those that grow up in more complex leading edge social structures (such as San Francisco). This is because a child that may be at Red when they’re 3 or 4 years old may be growing up in this culture that, first of all, doesn’t at all understand stages of development, especially Green and so children actually have to end up learning to suppress and disown parts of very early childhood development to meet the needs and demands of a more advanced social structure that may have getting better met, ironically, in communities that are actually at lower stages. So people can actually be at Red, Amber, or Orange and still have the programming of a Green or even 2nd tier stage but it’s all interpreted from a lower stage. This is a huge problem. This actually part of the core issues regarding the complicated issues of mental health across different demographics across the map that are at different stages and makes things very tricky. I know spiritual people that talk like they’re Green but are actually Amber. This stuff is incredibly nuanced. I know of monasteries that are Green in their dogmas but Amber as far as their own personal egos. 

A lot more can and will be said about this stuff in the future but it’s an excellent question. You opened up Pandora’s box with that one. 

5 hours ago, MsNobody said:

@Leo Gura Leo how would you say is the best way to integrate stage orange?

To me the answer is very simple: start your own business and make it successful. By the time you finish that, which should take about 5 years, you should have a solid grasp of Orange.

Of course that is not the only way. But I think it's one of the most powerful and it worked very well for me.

Of course starting a successful business is very challenging. But that's what makes the growth so solid.

If you are not a business type person, you could also pour that same effort into a career of some kind.

Starting a business is one of the biggest growth opportunities in life.

Integrating Orange is about being very proactive about your success in life. Stop sitting around and taking it easy. Go hustle and work your ass off. Go take a Tony Robbins seminar.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

12 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Go take a Tony Robbins seminar.

I almost signed up for one of these online, they had some kind of challenge a few weeks ago, haha. Couldn't make it work because of the different time zone.

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

@Hyacinth I think the easiest way to evolve is to find a yellow role model you resonate with anf try to understand how how their mind operate.

@Intraplanetary me too. As suggested, i should look for a job that is more green or yellow. But for me to excel in my career i need to work at bigger companies for work experience and for money as well to afford comfortable life. The cost of living where i live is very high. Big companies are more likely to be orange than green or yellow. But having to realise just recently and discovered spiral dynamics. I believe that a job opportunity will be presented to me to assist me to move up to yellow hopefully. I believe in manifestation.  “ ask and you will be given”. I had been contemplating about how i move past my current behavior, and then i come across spiral dynamics. I feel like a whole new world has opened to me. I had the same feeling when i moved from blue to orange then to green. So much love and forever thankful to Leo . 

@Username what level you think you are at? Yea, that would be nice. Leo said he is yellow and torquise. My family and friends are highly  religious. 

@Hyacinth  Leo is too humble :P He is probably in a stage that is higher than Turquoise. I guess he has means he has still some elements to embody.

Ken Wilber says that 5% of worldwide population is yellow and 0,5% is Turquoise - it not as exclusive as it may seem. I would say I'm Turquoise but it just means that my worldview is based on it's values. I was yellow for over ten years and it wasn't enough to explain what am I. My dad is yellow (with some blue preferences) so I had an easy start.

During my transition from Yellow I was obsessively watching EVERY possible Sadhguru's video and tried to get to know his opinions on everything. I wasn't sure if he has completely different level of understanding or he is a nutcase :D

Edited by Username

1 minute ago, Username said:

During my transition from Yellow I was obsessively watching EVERY possible Sadhguru's video and tried to get to know his opinions on everything

That has nothing to do with 2nd tier. 

1 minute ago, Username said:

Ken Wilber says that 5% of worldwide population is yellow and 0,2% (?) is Turquoise - it not as exclusive as it may seem.

Wilber also sells that a bit much. I know people that work and know Wilber personally and part of that is kinda exaggerated. We’re maybe 500 years from a 2nd tier society, assuming we even survive. 

11 hours ago, kieranperez said:

That has nothing to do with 2nd tier. 

If you know someone's opinion on everything you can guess where this person is coming from. There is a leap to be made.

11 hours ago, kieranperez said:

Wilber also sells that a bit much. I know people that work and know Wilber personally and part of that is kinda exaggerated. We’re maybe 500 years from a 2nd tier society, assuming we even survive. 

I'm just repeating numbers he gave. In my opinion 5 and 0,5% seen to be realistic for a highly developed country. But worldwide..? I seems to be too high when we include China, India and Africa.

Edited by Username

In early April, 2021 I entered the transition between Green and Yellow. All I can say is that when The Student is ready, The Master will appear. My father told me that. My dad is Green. My mom is Yellow. They didn't know about the spiral dynamics model but when i told them about it, they immediately resonated with it.

I did met turquoise individuals. Though, they are very rare. I don't follow a single teacher, rather change perspective. How often? That choice is mine. A friend told me that - A Profound High Yellow.

The Truest Teacher lies within.

Life.

Greg M.

Edited by Eternal Unity
Tier 2

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

18 hours ago, Username said:

@Hyacinth  Leo is too humble :P He is probably in a stage that is higher than Turquoise. I guess he has means he has still some elements to embody.

@Username From my POV, Leo is not "higher than Turquoise." He's exactly where he says he is: mostly Yellow and moving into Turquoise. Just because one has awakened to Stage Turquoise or Coral insights does not mean they are actively embodying that nor are grounded in that stage. Building Leo into some false god feels unproductive and dangerous. 

@tuckerwphotography  This is all dependent on definition you are using.

I would consider someone yellow if they are able to understand system thinking. Green will almost always dismiss yellow explanation if it consists counterintuitiveness (things going full circle) and will say that I'm contradicting myself. If you are able to understand Yellow resources you are Yellow to me, even if you are just "10% yellow". I think that Ken Wilber uses same definition and this is why he gets 5% of Yellow population (which is still very generous..).

You can also rate people by embodiment. Maybe that's a definition used in SD books (I have yet to read them) because SD is used to describe culture rather than single person. In my opinion the issue is that you will be "fully" Yellow when you are about to make a transition to Turquoise

6 hours ago, Username said:

@tuckerwphotography  This is all dependent on definition you are using.

I would consider someone yellow if they are able to understand system thinking. Green will almost always dismiss yellow explanation if it consists counterintuitiveness (things going full circle) and will say that I'm contradicting myself. If you are able to understand Yellow resources you are Yellow to me, even if you are just "10% yellow". I think that Ken Wilber uses same definition and this is why he gets 5% of Yellow population (which is still very generous..).

You can also rate people by embodiment. Maybe that's a definition used in SD books (I have yet to read them) because SD is used to describe culture rather than single person. In my opinion the issue is that you will be "fully" Yellow when you are about to make a transition to Turquoise

@Username Thanks for clarifying. I tend to determine one's stage (as well as my own) via "center of gravity." Which stage has the highest percentage of one's gravity? I'm not sure why only having 10% Yellow would make someone Yellow, since we could also say that same person has 10% Orange, but we wouldn't consider them Orange. Let me know your thinking on this. 

@tuckerwphotography  Ken Wilber is using analogy of grammatical structure. If you understand green grammar you are green, if you understand yellow structures you are yellow. In this case embodiment is secondary. In my opinion it is hard to assess your own centre of gravity - there is no point of reference.

I would rather describe someone's type as low/high yellow instead of mixing colors. I would use green / yellow if someone is at transitioning at the moment.

Anyway, I feel like it was pointless explanation :D

26 minutes ago, Username said:

@tuckerwphotography  Ken Wilber is using analogy of grammatical structure. If you understand green grammar you are green, if you understand yellow structures you are yellow. In this case embodiment is secondary. In my opinion it is hard to assess your own centre of gravity - there is no point of reference.

I would rather describe someone's type as low/high yellow instead of mixing colors. I would use green / yellow if someone is at transitioning at the moment.

Anyway, I feel like it was pointless explanation :D

@Username I don't think it's pointless. It's important that we talk about the stages with a shared understanding to limit confusion and mislabeling which could lead others (and ourselves) astray in our developmental journeys. 

I've heard Wilber speak to center of gravity in many contexts, a few quotes below. Perhaps he also talks about grammatical structure, but I'm fairly confident that is not how he determines one's Integral Dev stage (could be wrong). 

"Most educated adults are capable of a teal or turquoise level of cognition; but of those who have turquoise cognition, their self or center-of-gravity might be at turquoise, or green, or orange. So you can be turquoise or second tier in your cognition—your “talk”—but your center-of-gravity—your “walk”—might be at several different levels, orange to green to turquoise itself. In general, those with a center-of-gravity at turquoise are about 0.5% of the population; green, about 25% of the population; and orange, about 40% of the population.

But what this really means is that, no matter what your center-of-gravity might be (orange or green or turquoise), you can light up turquoise cognition, and every time you do, it acts as a magnet on the other lines, helping to pull them up as well. And you light up turquoise whenever you use a second-tier model, such as AQAL, and begin to think about how it might apply to any situation. Even better is to use AQAL as an integral praxis or practice, but simply thinking about it and talking about it (or blogging about it) will light up turquoise and help you move more permanently to that wave." Ken Wilber

“The ladder is much higher than the climber, who remains committed to the lower rungs. It’s one thing to tap into a higher level; quite another to actually live there! And the same thing can happen with spiritual experiences. People can temporarily access some very high rungs in the ladder or circle of awareness, but they refuse to actually live from those levels—they won’t actually climb up there. Their center of gravity remains quite low, even debased” 
― Ken Wilber, A Brief History of Everything

You need to understand and resonate with the idea of Survivalism and stop to be too jugdgmental.

Understand that morality is a human social construct and come in peace with people like Trumps, Hitler, etc

You will not be able to save the world but everything will be fine.

On 21/05/2021 at 9:18 PM, Leo Gura said:

In between Yellow and Turquoise.

How can u be in yellow when u said in 9sedt video that u r in half way between magician and unitive stage.

Isint magician=turqoise.

Edited by asifarahim