Leo Gura

Announcement: Book List Soon To Be Updated With 24 Amazing Books!

57 posts in this topic

Oh, when I was doing pickup back in 2012 -- before Actualized.org, before I had any knowledge of enlightenment or meditation or spirituality --  I did a 30 day challenge in Austin, TX. I moved and lived in Austin for 30 days that summer. As I was driving down the road I saw a "Fortune Teller" sign and, feeling adventurous, said, "What the fuck? Why not? Let's see how this lady jips naive fools. It's worth the price of admission just to see." So I knocked on the door and paid her $20. As she did my reading in her little spooky gypsy house, I carefully analyzed her, being ever-skeptical, and sure that she was just going to cold-read me. Anyways, I sit down and hold out my hands. She looks at them from a distance across the table and makes several predictions about me. I can only remember 2 of them, both of which came true in the coming 2 years.

1) There will be two girls in your life, one with black hair, one with blonde hair. One of them will cause you trouble.

2) You have an important legal battle ahead of you that's making you nervous. Don't worry, you will prevail.

I had told her nothing about myself. Both came true!

Just a fun anecdote. Doesn't necessary mean shit.

Rather lucky though that she could have guessed that I had a big legal battle on the horizon!

And I ended up winning that one:

Ugh... I sound terrible.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura I find it quite relaxing and amusing to see how open minded you are starting to become over the years. Been listening to you for nearly 3 years and would've never imagined you to end up talking about paranormal phenomenal, gypsys and such. Well that makes sense as it was prior to your enlightenment journey. I'm diggin it tho and curious to what the future may bring. Keep at it, full force! 

I'll be honest that paranormal highlight just irks me as it attacks my web of belief system, i notice my ego has a set of rules and it doesn't like it when someone lays or changes something I've discarded as a 100%, as i usually think i have highly accurate perception at times when it comes to fact examining. I do claim I'm open minded but it's going to be hard to swallow, I wonder if i am truly open minded as there is no way to be certain in either path self deception lies.

@Leo Gura

The more I look at history, and meditate, the more human society seems to be doing a full circle. First fortune tellers and witches and wizards use to be common belief among the people, then science came along and shitted all over them, then came the Sadghurus and the Leos who seem to be re-examining the stuff science shitted all over.

The biggest concern with re-examining the mystical side of things is that there is a very fine line between legit mystics and kooks. Both of which there are plenty of abundance of. 

The main argument i get back from people when i tell them that psychic abilities are real is that they say; well why doesnt the world know about these people? why is it so hidden. And then i get the people who say; well why doesnt buddhism have any of this stuff. Both of which i have no idea of.

@electroBeam That's why this stuff is not discussed in the open. Exceptionally wise people have been persecuted by commoners since the beginning of time. That's what ego's do. They judge and condemn anything that challenges their web of beliefs. So no surprise there. If we had this discussion we're having now 300 years ago, we would all be burned at the stake just for entertaining such witchcraft. That's why occultism existed for thousands of years in all cultures, especially Europe, where anything unorthodox was violently persecuted.

It's illuminating to read for example about how the Catholic church created a demonization campaign against mushroom cults in Europe, calling them evil witches, doing the work of the devil, because psychedelic mushrooms are highly threatening to egos who want to hold power.

It's so hidden because people are so closedminded they can't stand to know it.

Are you kidding? Buddhism is full of witchcraft and sorcery. Look at the Dalai Lama. He has a personal oracle that he consults! Even the Buddha talked about paranormal abilities. It's almost impossible not to have paranormal abilities when you are able to attain high Jnana states of concentration.

Most people have such shitty concentration they can't focus for 5 minutes. So their powers suck.

It's not at all hard to develop these powers. Just requires training.

And most people who become enlightened in the West these days still have very poor concentration abilities. They are not refined or masterful at all. They have one enlightenment experience and think they've mastered everything. But that's just another trap on the path. There's a good reason why ancient mystical traditions are very deep and very complex. They're not just making shit up. They're navigating a very wide and diverse range of nuanced spiritual landscapes. Way more than just enlightenment. Most Westerners don't fully appreciate this. Because Western culture thinks it knows everything.

@khalifa Yeah, it irked me too just as recently as a year ago.

Without a few years of consciousness work, without some enlightenment experiences, it's really hard to overcome the Western materialist worldview. You actually believe physical reality exists! And you can't help it because you have no alternative reference points.

To break out of that, even for just 30 minutes, is HUGE! A whole new world opens up.

@Leo Gura Wow buddhism has that? That's mad. I was open minded with Sadghuru, because my intuition seemed to, but didnt know anything about buddhism having it.

Its so weird that christians are the least tolerant when it comes to this stuff. I went to church recently (an initiative to be more open minded, because im from a deeply militant athiest background) and i kid you not, the priest or bishop looked like a fucken wizard from the 1500s. same clothing and style. surely they, compared to athiests at least, would be the most tolerant.

Lol this stuff is going to be so hard to not cling to during the path. Like what ego wouldn't cling to psychic abilities. 

People might have been demonized and thought of as kooks in the past, but with your channel, infinite waters, eckhart tolle, people are changing to mystics at a rate of knots. 

People think transgender toilets and lesbians are weird and out of this world, wait till they get hit by this stuff.

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Oh, when I was doing pickup back in 2012 -- before Actualized.org, before I had any knowledge of enlightenment or meditation or spirituality --  I did a 30 day challenge in Austin, TX. I moved and lived in Austin for 30 days that summer. As I was driving down the road I saw a "Fortune Teller" sign and, feeling adventurous, said, "What the fuck? Why not? Let's see how this lady jips naive fools. It's worth the price of admission just to see." So I knocked on the door and paid her $20. As she did my reading in her little spooky gypsy house, I carefully analyzed her, being ever-skeptical, and sure that she was just going to cold-read me. Anyways, I sit down and hold out my hands. She looks at them from a distance across the table and makes several predictions about me. I can only remember 2 of them, both of which came true in the coming 2 years.

1) There will be two girls in your life, one with black hair, one with blonde hair. One of them will cause you trouble.

2) You have an important legal battle ahead of you that's making you nervous. Don't worry, you will prevail.

I had told her nothing about myself. Both came true!

Just a fun anecdote. Doesn't necessary mean shit.

Rather lucky though that she could have guessed that I had a big legal battle on the horizon!

And I ended up winning that one:

Ugh... I sound terrible.

A palm reader in India said I will suffer with lower back problems in the near future. Then I ended up dislocating my hip a week later. Maybe he planted the seed in my head and I followed through without realising. Or maybe he can actually read people!! Or maybe was a coincidence .

I am reading a book at the moment called "The Tell-Tell Brain" by V.S Ramachandran. Who is a very respectable figure in cognitive neuroscience. If you interested it is a very good book with many things about our brain that will blow your mind. If not you will like it anyway 

Edited by Huz

@electroBeam There is plenty of occultism within Christianity too. Even the official church has departments that deal with paranormal phenomena like miracles, saints, stigmata, exorcisms, healings, etc. Doesn't mean all of it is true, but it's definitely not all fantasy either.

Jesus likely had some strong paranormal abilities. Which allowed him to draw big crowds and ultimately pissed off the establishment. It would make sense that Jesus wasn't just your regular enlightened guy, but a bit more.

And if you study Mohammad, there's another dude with some paranormal channeling abilities.

There's a story of the Buddha stopping a raging elephant sent charging at him just by gently raising his hand to it. Just a story? Maybe... or maybe there's some truth to it. Certainly not outside the realm of possibility.

So when you follow the breadcrumb trail, all the sudden the dots connect very easily. All of it can't just be wishful thinking and folktales. There's commonly a kernel of truth to many folktales.

I recently learned that will-o-the-wisps are a real natural phenomena:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will-o%27-the-wisp

Of course none of this is to say that you should go chasing will-o-the-wisps and distract yourself from what's most important: liberation and psychological maturity. Although some people are really drawn to the occult. My theory is that some people have naturally high paranormal sensitivity because of the structure of their brains, so they naturally get deep into the occult. And left brained people simply can't understand how anyone can believe in such nonsense. Well, it's cause their brains are different! The logical mind is very limited. Deep intuition is required for this stuff.

If you need to prove the paranormal shared trips reports are the way. Though a dmt/meo breakthrough might also cut away all doubt.

Aside from that, the evidence is indeed overwhelming (www.evidenceforthesoul.weebly.com). It's just cultural bias belief that keep people from realizing this simple truth, it's really hiding in plain sight and shows how strong bias can act.

Want another crazy one? The same goes for UFOs + aliens (www.bestufoevidence.weebly.com).

Every time the price increases my heart sinks, the life purpose course book list only will take me a lot of time to finish :-( have just read 5....

On top of this the leo s ultimate subconscious reality course is going to be released soon. :-/

Any sponsorship or scholarship here?  for really passionate personality development students like me? 

Just kidding after finding my Lifepurpose and living it I will buy the book list or the super subconscious course after saving up..

@Leo Gura "Whatever Arises, Love That" by Matt Kahn. SUPERR POWERFUL AND TRANSFORMATIONAL!!

1 hour ago, Elton said:

On top of this the leo s ultimate subconscious reality course is going to be released soon. :-/

This seems to be an awesome product.

The life purpose course was really mind-blowing already, and eyes opening...

The subconscious mind is one of my fav topics.

How do you know that it is called "subconscious reality course" ?

I wonder what insights Leo have found while using 5-MeO-DMT...

Edited by Soulbass

Just to clarify, the title of the course has not yet been decided upon and the release date is still unknown, as I've been sidetracked with various kinds of research.

19 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Esoteric If I elaborated fully, you would probably call me crazy ;)

But I'll put it this way: I wouldn't be too surprised if I saw a yogi levitating :P

Consciousness is not to be underestimated.

Remember to be open.

And if you read all the books on that list and maybe snort some 5-meo, you just might start to agree with me.

Human perception is so limite that we cannot judge anything to be possible or impossible in the physical world. We cannot perceive the magnetic field of the world, neutrinos, gravitation waves, only a little spectrum of eleoctromagnetic waves etc.

So why couldn't it be possilbe that there is something like a consciousness energy field which creates physical force and can make people or objects fly. How can we know?