Leo Gura

Announcement: Book List Soon To Be Updated With 24 Amazing Books!

57 posts in this topic

The book list has just been updated!

Enjoy!

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

20 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Esoteric If I elaborated fully, you would probably call me crazy ;)

But I'll put it this way: I wouldn't be too surprised if I saw a yogi levitating :P

Consciousness is not to be underestimated.

Remember to be open.

And if you read all the books on that list and maybe snort some 5-meo, you just might start to agree with me.

Leo, I've had a direct experience of levitation during a permanently consciousness/perspective changing LSD trip. I went to sleep while still tripping. I could see with my eyes closed. I literally ascended above the bed and all material reality fell into a void until I was floating in space, in nothingness. It sounds bizarre but it was one of the most peaceful moments of my life. I could have died and it wouldn't have mattered. At all.

The event was real in my reality. I can still recall the moment in vivid detail as well as how it felt. That's the tip of the iceberg of what happened during the trip; however, this event alone makes me forever curious about assumed truths about reality.

To get to the point, are you referring to being able to directly experience levitation? 

@Beyond Words Sounds like a cool experience.

I have no idea if levitation is real. I simply implied in a cheeky way that I'm open to it.

@Leo Gura when i click the link to the new Jed book it doesnt go to anything. 

and i cant find it on the book list

Edited by Huz

2 minutes ago, Huz said:

@Leo Gura when i click the link to the new Jed book it doesnt go to anything. 

and i cant find it on the book list

Fixed it just now. Refresh page and try again.

I am listening to all your book reviews and deciding which ones to by oh my consiousness they sound soo interesting. I wish i can assimilate all the infomation into my mind at once. Maybe i will design a device in the near future that does that hmmm...

How long did it take you to read all these books? Man you have a awesome job :P 

Also Leo can you do an amazon.co.uk link as well, because i get the books from there and not sure you get commission. Like maybe set a link based on the location of the user on your website. So i am from the uk so then it sends me to the uk amazon if you can do that.

Edited by Huz

@Leo Gura @Beyond Words  a few words from this book I'm reading came to mind reading this talk about siddhis "whether or not these are 'real' is a question I am happy to avoid"..."Much more interesting than the question of what is real is the question of what is causal, i.e. what leads to what"..."All this can be a slippery business, and the 'psychic powers' generally don't turn out to be quite what they seem. As one of my friends once said, 'Yeah, I can fly, but just not in this realm!'"

"I gently pushed my hand into my pocket and pulled the last one out, it trembled at first and clung to my hand. "Go on, it will be ok," I whispered. Encouraged, it flexed its wings and I knew the time was right. It flew up towards the blue, blue sky and I looked proudly as it's made its way to freedom. The last of my fucks was finally given."

On 2/11/2016 at 1:33 AM, Leo Gura said:

@Emerald Wilkins The scientific evidence is basically undeniable. Not to mention that it explains a whole hell of a lot of social phenomena. And of course, you can train it in yourself if you want. The only obstacle appears to be closemindedness.

Just be careful what you assume about me (or paranormal phenomena) when I say that.

And personally it's not my top priority to pursue it. I mostly just speak of it because my interest is to have a holistic understanding of reality. And you cannot have a holistic understanding if you ignore the paranormal.

One thing that I don't understand regarding paranomal phenomena is that it kinda assumes there are souls? Isn't a soul basically what we feel as a "self" which is an illusion?

@Oneness Why would it assume there are souls?

What we generally refer to as "soul" is from what I understand really the Atman -- individualized consciousness. You can have direct experience of this. It's quite magical.

But paranormal phenomena could work through a million possible mechanisms. We just don't know the what the mechanisms are. And they are probably non-causal, non-local, non-material, beyond standard physics. Which would be a good explanation of why standard physics generally ignores them.

It wasn't that long ago that standard physics dismissed magnetic fields and x-rays as hoaxes.

"X-rays will prove to be a hoax" --Lord Kelvin

"Heavier than air flying machines are impossible." --Lord Kelvin (circa 1900)

@Leo Gura Leo are you familiar with Terence McKenna's work? Have you read any of his books on psychedelics?

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

@Reality Yes, familiar with his work. Haven't delved into his books though.

On 11/2/2016 at 9:26 PM, Leo Gura said:

@Esoteric If I elaborated fully, you would probably call me crazy ;)

But I'll put it this way: I wouldn't be too surprised if I saw a yogi levitating :P

Consciousness is not to be underestimated.

Remember to be open.

And if you read all the books on that list and maybe snort some 5-meo, you just might start to agree with me.

Maybe the events narrated in ' autobiography of a yogi' by yogananda are true...

I doubt we were being bullshitted by yogananda. 

But, the only real way to know is to experience .

@Leo Gura If paranormal phenomenon are relatively common, obvious and easy to prove scientifically like you suggest, why there is not even one who possesses such powers who is willing to show it to the scientific community and receive a lot of money, fame, a noble prize, and most importantly help the world and science see the truth and make the possibility to advance the life on earth immensely? 

"A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are made for"    - John A. Shedd

On 12/2/2016 at 10:27 PM, Vercingetorix said:

why there is not even one who possesses such powers who is willing to show it to the scientific community and receive a lot of money, fame, a noble prize

Who cares for money, fame and noble prizes when one has the real treasure. Can you ever conceive of Jesus Christ or Buddha receiving a Nobel Prize?

@Prabhaker so all the people who possess such powers are enlightened being? There is no one greedy person will such powers? 

And  money can be used for good, If you had the ability to gain Lots of money and then use it to improve infrastructure in developing country wouldn't it benefits the world?

"A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are made for"    - John A. Shedd

3 hours ago, Vercingetorix said:

so all the people who possess such powers are enlightened being? There is no one greedy person will such powers? 

No, all the people who possess such powers are not enlightened beings, It is almost impossible for a greedy person to attain such powers. If someone use psychic  powers, he loses them. I live in India, I know many financially poor mystics having such powers. They don't demand money from anyone.

Money and fame are important for people who are poor from inside.

3 hours ago, Vercingetorix said:

If you had the ability to gain Lots of money and then use it to improve infrastructure in developing country wouldn't it benefits the world?

Lack of  infrastructure in developing country is not the real problem in this world, lack of love is.