TheSomeBody

why leo so negative about his viewers

164 posts in this topic

Bill Hicks, whose everyday waking consciousness probably wasn't too different from Leo's, was a very good spiritual teacher. And his shows consisted of screaming at the audience and calling them idiots and cows. So . . . Leo is not that brutal. xD Maybe a Tool song about oneness that utilizes a lot of yelling could be considered "brutal" by some.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

FYI, I'm never angry at you.

I think this addresses a common projection people fall into.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Mostly I'm baffled by the stupidity and laziness of people. I am in constant disbelief at how much the average person takes life/reality for granted, and therefore it's hard for me to respect such a person. So I tend to look down on such people and sometimes I rant and rebuke from that perspective, but I'm never too serious about it. Half the time it's done tongue -in-cheek.

This is the vibe I get from you most of the time. It’s easy to forget how much we assume about your perspective and mindset, thinking you’re angry at us, etc. Even if that were the case, to take it so personally is something we are ultimately responsible for, not you. I’d imagine you often feel like a human trying to teach advanced calculus to monkeys. Given that dynamic, you do an admirable job of communicating in a palatable way—if you didn’t, we would have all left by now.

You’re providing a service that you put a staggering amount of time and effort into, so of course you can do it on whatever terms you like. People resist the dilemma of either switching to a different teacher and missing out on the juicy info here, or growing a thicker skin. And thus, they will demonize you to avoid responsibility.

Edited by Matt Skinner

@TheSomeBody Don't blindly follow. 

He's giving you a no bs approach. 

See the work for what it is, forget the teacher. 

You've raised an important point about hero/non hero worship. 

Consciousness, beauty, love, realness is the work. Has nothing to do with how it is delivered. 

Forget the style and look at the substance. 

Here's a tip. He doesn't know any more than you, you just haven't seen it yet. What has been provided is a modern way of reaching people. A way of pointing (and screaming) at the path. Follow it. Or don't. 

Edited by Surfingthewave

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I find Jed's humor and style annoying and cringey.

Book list may get a small update at some point. I don't read much these days.

An update where you maybe remove the books you in hindsight found silly would be neat. Getting it sorted/cleaned:-)

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.