lmfao

How do you guys maintain present moment awareness when you're in the world?

39 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, blankisomeone said:

?????

What does being alert/concentrated/centered in the world have anything to do with dying?

I’ll be MORE alert, not dumbed down to the point where I’ll cross the street without looking both ways

Ah, so sweet and innocent. If only truth was that simple -_-

Enlightenment is the death of the separate self. It's the end of you. You'll know how literal I'm being when you experience it for yourself.

Merging with God is no joke. The price is your life. Do you know why spiritual teachers have this empty look in their eyes like nobody's home? It's because there is actually no one there. Literally. They're completely dead inside.

When you go from being "alive inside" to "dead inside", that feels exactly like death, and I mean EXACTLY like it. However, some think death is glorious. I'm just not there yet.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Hi @lmfao

Become aware of the one who makes effort and you will discorver your effortless nature of pure being. 

?

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

On 27/04/2021 at 8:45 AM, Carl-Richard said:

Ah, so sweet and innocent.

Fuck you dude??

Edited by blankisomeone

50 minutes ago, blankisomeone said:

Fuck you dude??

?

There's actually no present moment since reality is constantly changing. 

Try to point to the present moment.

Try to catch it.  It slips. 

I know it's trippy but let go. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Out of the cushion I do 2 things:

1. If you are doing something that requires mental effort, put all your concentration there (use concentration skills)

2. If you are doing something more automatic like walking or eating practice vipassana noting (use awareness skills)

I am not doing it full time yet but it is my goal, I fully compromise with spiritually.

Edited by RedLine

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

There's actually no present moment since reality is constantly changing. 

Try to point to the present moment.

Try to catch it.  It slips. 

I know it's trippy but let go. 

What slips is your illusory grip on a finite object. The present moment is always there.

1 hour ago, Carl-Richard said:

What slips is your illusory grip on a finite object. The present moment is always there.

"A moment " is a finite object.

Seems like a static point. Moment (A) is not moment (B). 

Stuff is constantly running. When exactly does it stop to create "a moment"? How long does "it" last? 

-Osho

15 minutes ago, Someone here said:

"A moment " is a finite object.

Seems like a static point. Moment (A) is not moment (B). 

Stuff is constantly running. When exactly does it stop to create "a moment"? How long does "it" last? 

It's not a moment. It's the moment. One, not two :)

33 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

It's not a moment. It's the moment. One, not two :)

xD now you are playing word games.

When you say "the present moment" you are definitely speaking about something specific.

Present is NOT past. Moment is NOT two moments.  So you are imagining a clear line "OK here's where The past ends and the present moment begins". There is just no such thing 

Is it a thought? A feeling? A perception?  All phenomenon come and go non-stop. So it can't be any of that. Then what is "it"?

If you mean the ever-changing ongoing stream of phenomenon itself.. It just can't be pinned down and labeled. Due to it's very fluctuating nature. 

"present" is impossible ?. Because every appearance is impermanent. 

It's something you either get or you don't. 

-Osho

18 minutes ago, Someone here said:

xD now you are playing word games.

No U! xD

18 minutes ago, Someone here said:

When you say "the present moment" you are definitely speaking about something specific.

Present is NOT past. Moment is NOT two moments.  So you are imagining a clear line "OK here's where The past ends and the present moment begins". There is just no such thing 

There is no past. There is only the present moment. 

"The present moment" is an invocation of non-duality. That is why Eckhart Tolle talks about it all the time. What you're talking about is the duality of past&present, which is only accessible through thought. The non-dual "present moment" is before and beyond thought.

Edited by Carl-Richard

On 27.4.2021 at 1:45 PM, Carl-Richard said:

Do you know why spiritual teachers have this empty look in their eyes like nobody's home? It's because there is actually no one there. Literally. They're completely dead inside.

Krishnamurti has a lot of passion in his gaze

"I don't think people are aware, or even feel this immense sorrow that is in the world. They are so concerned with their own personal sorrow, they overlook the sorrow that a poor man in a little village in India, or in China or in the Eastern world, where they never possibly have a full meal, clean clothes, comfortable bed. And there is this sorrow of thousands of people being killed in war. Or in the totalitarian world, millions being executed for ideologies, tyranny, the terror of all that. So there is all this sorrow in the world. And there is also the personal sorrow. And without really understanding it very, very deeply and resolving it, passion won't come out of sorrow. And without passion, how can you see beauty? You can intellectually appreciate a painting, or a poem, or a statue, but you need this great sense of inward bursting of passion, explosion of passion. You know, that creates in itself the sensitivity that can see beauty. So it is I think rather important to understand sorrow. I think it is related, beauty, passion, sorrow."

krishna.jpg

Meditation is a powerful spiritual practice. It develops the capacity for stillness, and strengthens your defense against the egoic mind.

For me, it is less about meditating for thousands of hours, and more about deeply realizing the insatiable appetite of the ego. It thrives on judgment, and will never relent. When you have suffered enough, your eyes will open. You will realize that thoughts never bring you peace, and are not who you ultimately are. They are piranhas circling your soul, constantly looking for an opening to take a bite. Let them circle, just keep your eyes open, and "you" will be safe. ?

All from the relative perspective. Ultimately....xD

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

One approach is consideration it’s what we don’t do or add which naturally ‘results’ in present moment awareness being present moment awareness. Not doing things like eating sugar, starches, drinking alcohol, caffeine, not focusing on what I don’t even like, etc. But then you gonna feel, a lot. But then, that’s what you want in the first pace. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

2 hours ago, Hulia said:

Passion is what I'm talking about :D. It may also vary from person to person, but if you watch a video of an enlightened person and watch their eyes very carefully, you may be more able to understand what I mean. Try Rupert Spira:

Edited by Carl-Richard

1 hour ago, Carl-Richard said:

but if you watch a video of an enlightened person and watch their eyes very carefully, you may be more able to understand what I mean. Try Rupert Spira:

Well I haven´t noticed something special aboout his eyes (they are kind) , but I listened carefully to what he said. I´ll try also some other videos of Rupert. THat is what I was saying here abou dream and non-dream- reality. I had a date with a guy in a dream and then in a non-dream. And it was very-very different. Because in a dream we came out of nowhere and were heading to nowhere, as Rupert it described. In a non-dream we had a past, and something was wrong in his past, I assume. BTW this guy has an empty look, like nobody is there :) 

And I now some managers who also have a kind of steady gaze of half-dead eyes. I call it "Manager look" :) as if they learn it in the same classes

5 hours ago, Hulia said:

Of course, he was a really egoic man, there is a book written the daughter of his lover where they dismantle the myth. for me in his books there is too much mystery and little clarity. It seems to me that what he wanted is to show that only he was smart enough to understand what he was saying

Whatever can be aware of the present moment, must itself already be aware and present. The present moment, and that which is already and always aware and present, are not two separate things.
So what is aware and present in any given moment?  For instance, this one happening right now?
Pay attention to that one. It's always here, always present and never goes anywhere. Moments may come and go, but this one is the eternal moment.

Edited by Guru Fat Bastard