Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Preety_India

Covid Anxiety

42 posts in this topic

I have been anxious since the last week. 

The vaccination right now is only for 45 and above. 

I'm suffering super high anxiety and I can't calm down when I sleep. 

This covid anxiety has lasted for a year and I managed to block out any thought about Covid for a good measure of 4 months. 

But it has resurfaced again.. 

I don't know how to calm myself. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

you have a greater chance of being injured in an automobile than you do COVID if you practice social distancing and wear a mask. you really have very little to worry about if you aren't over the age of 60 tbh. 

1 hour ago, Lyubov said:

you have a greater chance of being injured in an automobile than you do COVID if you practice social distancing and wear a mask. you really have very little to worry about if you aren't over the age of 60 tbh. 

Thank you lol. 

I'm so paranoid about it. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Just stop reading the news. It's a pandemic of fearmongering if anything.

I consider your state, my younger brother is feeling the same as you. I recommend him and also recommend you to stay connected with your loved ones as best you can and reach out for support when we need it. Social media is the best way to connect not only with family, friends, and acquaintances but for feeling connected in a greater sense to the communities, country, and the world.

21 minutes ago, bracknelson123 said:

I consider your state, my younger brother is feeling the same as you. I recommend him and also recommend you to stay connected with your loved ones as best you can and reach out for support when we need it. Social media is the best way to connect not only with family, friends, and acquaintances but for feeling connected in a greater sense to the communities, country, and the world.

Thanks, good to know that social media is superior to actual, genuine face-to-face communication. LOL.

21 hours ago, Village said:

Thanks, good to know that social media is superior to actual, genuine face-to-face communication. LOL.

Haha :D It's crazy the beliefs people have.

On 4/24/2021 at 7:32 AM, Preety_India said:

This covid anxiety has lasted for a year and I managed to block out any thought about Covid for a good measure of 4 months. 

You don't need to worry at all.

For younger people, it's less dangerous than the flu.

And you're not usually afraid of the flu, are you?

It's just the fear mongering of mass media that make it seem like everyone is at danger, which is completely untrue.

You're safe. Just give love to that part of you that is afraid.

1) Do more aerobic exercise (at home). Covid attacks the respiratory system so you should keep your airway clear and improve your respiratory system whenever you can.

2) Drink more warm/hot water. Covid cannot survive well with hot water. Plus since Covid attacks the respiratory system, if you just drink more water, you flushed down any potential virus and let your digestive system (acid) kill the virus.

3) Stay out in the sun if one get Covid. Covid cannot survive well in hot weather. Don't forget this. During SARS, countries like Hong Kong and Singapore has higher death rates because they put patients in airconditioned ward.

Edited by hyruga

If you get it you will likely only have mild symptoms. If you do develop symptoms get some rest and don't do sport activity. Im not a doctor but I think people only need to go to the hospital if oxygen levels are low. You can meassure your oxygen levels with a pulse oximeter.

As others have said your chance of dying from something else are way higher.

But fear is never rational, it's emotional. So welcome your fear and accept it and feel it fully.

On 4/24/2021 at 4:54 AM, Village said:

17 hours ago, vladorion said:

Haha :D It's crazy the beliefs people have.

He's talking about using it during the pandemic you daftoids.

hrhrhtewgfegege

What helped me disassociate from this was to cut out all news feed. I realised consuming news was a huge part of my life. I don't watch any news anymore. The major things will get to you one way or another. No more covid news, don't check how many ppl died every day, unfollow all ppl on social media who talk about covid and cut ties with all covid-mongers. 

Basically, remove everything that reminds you there is a pandemic. Ofcourse follow the usual social guidelines, cover yourself, social distance, blah blah blah but cut out all the news, 100% of them. 

Also, make sure to take excellent care of your health so that if you catch it you'll shake it of in no time. Number 1 is to get your vitamin D levels into optimal. Second is to remain fairly active even in pandemic (where possible) 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Preety_India Instead of avoiding fear embrace it. Embrace it like a child that you feared for so long. The child just wants to be held in your love and nothing else. If it feels seen and wants to go elsewhere then let it go.

Detaching from fear means to be able to swim in the water and coming out dry. Feel into the water. Notice every detail. Notice that the story isn't true because it doesn't resonate with you. That it isn't true and that you detach doesn't mean that you push it away, demonize, avoid or distract yourself from it.

Edited by Loving Radiance

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

On 4/24/2021 at 0:32 AM, Preety_India said:

When focused on what we don’t want, there indeed is an experience in which we very much need something or someway to calm ourselves. Some way of coping with the discord of the actuality of being creators. Some say the solution is focusing on what we do want, but that doesn’t make any sense because of the problem. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

On 4/26/2021 at 5:28 AM, Roy said:

He's talking about using it during the pandemic you daftoids.

I don't see how being paranoid enough to communicate behind a screen rather than face to face is a good idea tbh, even during a scamdemic. Just fuels the paranoia and the fearmongering if anything.

Edited by Village

21 minutes ago, Village said:

I don't see how being paranoid enough to communicate behind a screen rather than face to face is a good idea tbh, even during a scamdemic. Just fuels the paranoia and the fearmongering if anything.

It has nothing to do with paranoia. It's simply a good idea to utilize this convenient technology to satisfy our need for communication during a time when our regular amount of constant face to face interaction is not a good idea. This isn't a joke, millions of people are dying and suffering, and to suggest it's a "scam" or a "hoax" makes it seem like you are psychopathically disconnected from reality. The fear doesn't exist just for shits and giggles.

Right now you are a child @Village, when what you need to be is an adult.

Edited by Roy

hrhrhtewgfegege

23 minutes ago, Roy said:

It has nothing to do with paranoia. It's simply a good idea to utilize this convenient technology to satisfy our need for communication during a time when our regular amount of constant face to face interaction is not a good idea. This isn't a joke, millions of people are dying and suffering, and to suggest it's a "scam" or a "hoax" makes it seem like you are psychopathically disconnected from reality. The fear doesn't exist just for shits and giggles.

Right now you are a child @Village, when what you need to be is an adult.

Stop fear mongering getting hysterical about it doesn't help anything, especially in a thread expressing how anxiety-inducing it is for them. I know the moderators ban fear mongering only from one side in their usual double standard way but it isn't a reason for you to fall for it as an individual. People already know that there is some chance of getting complication in case of a covid infection.

45 minutes ago, Tetcher said:

Stop fear mongering getting hysterical about it doesn't help anything, 

Being hysterical or repressing the threat of the virus are not the only two options. 

You can wear a mask and wash your hands in the same way that you wear a seat belt when driving. 

Recognizing a threat doesn't mean that you need to be paralyzed by fear. 

Didn't you make a post about this a couple weeks or so ago? 

"You Create Magic" 

@Preety_India do u have any past history of anxiety , depression or any mental issues then u can consider it if not it's normal just relax and indulge urself in something u love to do