kray

Alcohol and Increasing self-consciousness

11 posts in this topic

If I plan to be serious about this work, should I quit alcohol? 

If you keep try focus to do "this" work, as best you can at your best way, the root cause to such distractions as heavily drinking or so, will eventually dissolve it self.

:x

Edited by DIDego

@kray yah cuz in this work it's all about consciousness and you want a nice crisp aware state of consciousness that you can slowly increase the baseline with.   If you are drinking all the time you will be always altering your state of consciousness constantly to a lower state not a higher state.  

Try meditating drunk ?

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

It depends on how you drink. If drinking is interfering with your work, then yes.

Any substance use will fundamentally cloud your mind, your ability to think, and your consciousness.

It's best if any alcohol or substance use is relegated to only very rare occasions like Christmas parties or birthdays.

Prepare yourself mentally because you WILL be judged for living a cleaner lifestyle, but how you feel will be worth far more than any razzing you get.

hrhrhtewgfegege

Alcohol and psychedelics are both substances. There is no absolute answer. In some cases, it can help, and in other cases it can become an addiction.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

Harmful tendencies tend to disappear on their own if you're serious about the work. I remember reading somewhere about a disciple of Lahiri Mahasaya asking him if he should stop chasing sexual pleasure to make progress, and Lahiri answering something like: "don't stop if you feel like it. But i can't garantee the desire won't fade on its own with the practice of Kriya" (not the exact words). 

It's true that you will become more sensitive and aware about what serves you and what doesn't over time, you won't need to ask others anymore 

Edited by flyingwhalee

Check out my project's new music video about climate change issues: Day Of Change - Earth Failure (Official music video)

Alcohol can bring out the shadow. Unfortunately, you'll also be drunk by then and just do stupid drunk stuff.

If you'll do the work, you'll start to notice that alcohol does little to relieve you of your traumas and makes you feel a lot worse than before. That is because raising your consciousness will decrease your ego energy, and you will be more tuned with your body.

So you can drink, but don't be surprised when you'll find out that drinking is a shitty activity.

Use alcohol as a spiritual tool if necessary. Anything which shifts your consciousness allows you to experience from a different viewpoint and have a different state to compare to, which can give you clarity in the long run. I'd say that alcohol is a blunt tool though, because it reduces awareness.

All stories and explanations are false.