Meditationdude

Spiritually in the closet

12 posts in this topic

Two people in my life know I’m self actualized and at a high level of consciousness. My girlfriend and therapist. 

My friend today asked me why I was so happy and doing so well and I didn’t know how to answer him. I got nervous and I said something along the lines of “well my business is doing good and I’ve been really focused lately.” But in reality I’ve just hit levels of consciousness I never dreamed of. 

I want to be open with my friends and family about this and how I’ve completely transformed but I’m afraid they will think I’m crazy. So I just play a role most of the day and try to act somewhat normal but on the inside I want to shake everyone and scream WAKE UP!! 

Any tips on how to move through this? 

I feel like my old self is long dead. I already mourned him and now I’m ready to start over with this new Self. 

See the same Self in your friends and family. Look beyond the personalities, and see Yourself in them. Just love them, without expectations, because they are You. If you are truly awake, their state of seeing is just part of the game, so make it easier for "them", and for "yourself", by simply loving and being :)

Oh, and don't count the ego out. It is always there, waiting in the wings.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

@Moksha they still get my love and being. They just may not understand why (which is fine with me). 

By no means have I transcended ego, I’m just a hell of a watcher. I see it all and chose how to act vs react. 

look, with this level of consciousness you need to stuck with your therapist, you need him, just tell him what you feel.

you will be ok buddy.

2 hours ago, Meditationdude said:

If they ask just tell them you've learned how to be more present or in the moment, and if they ask you how you start dropping crumbs.

This is probably against what you’re looking for, but I think it is important for you to consider. 

My tip is for you to not hide yourself. Being “high consciousness” and inauthentic by hiding who you really are at the same time seems like a recipe for disaster to me. Consider it like this — if every gay person kept their sexuality a secret in the way you’re doing with your spirituality, we would have an even greater stigma against it, more people committing suicide from it, and likely still laws against it. 

Maybe your friend who asked about your level of happiness might also want to experience that himself. Maybe you could be a crucial part of facilitating his rise in consciousness if you were honest. 

You not wanting people to think you’re crazy now for your positive and rare development is precisely the kind of activity that will maintain the status quo of people like us being stigmatized, judged, etc. Beyond that, your influence could get people to your level of consciousness or even higher. It could greatly reduce their suffering and reduce the amount of suffering they create for others. 

Who is it really helping for you to stay in the closet? Is it really even helping you? 

Edited by BipolarGrowth

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

@Meditationdude I feel you. Exactly the same. 2 people. A good friend, and one of my brothers. Only I wouldn’t claim self actualised, more along the lines of still in the process of self actualising. I’ve previously tried to drop some of my realisations, deep ones to other family members and see them hit a brick wall, like I’m fantasising. I tried to just lay some ground work with a mate full on stage orange type mate in the pub once, and within 2-3 minutes I was being ridiculed, just the idea of imagining everything was so ludicrous to him it was a complete joke. Oh actually there was one girl who seemed interested in what I was saying and actually began listening to a fair few of Leo’s videos, but I knew was not doing any of the work and just decided she agreed and took it on board that she was god from a completely deluded materialist perspective, completely ego driven, maybe like stage blue religious belief type thing, not conscious in any way of it being the case. We parted ways and I fully aware that her slight dabble in these teachings are over. Back to being just ya average everything is real materialist. But I totally get ya, if I went into work or down the pub and seriously put forward my realisastions then I would be labelled an absolute barn pot, like I’ve lost the plot and gone mad. Full of absolute delusion. And the minute I brought psychedelics into the equation labelled a drugie, because I personally know of no one other than the 2 people that know what I’ve been upto the last few years who understand what psychedelics are. They lob them in with cocaine and that so that’s how I’d be labelled. And they would no doubt I’m absolutely certain that the claim would be the drugs have gone to my head. It is a delicate situation so I completely understand. In a way though I’ve got to the point where even though I’d like to share these things, the fact I know of no one who would seriously take the time and research, investigate and do the work, because they’re far to wrapped up and immersed in life with all ya bang average belief systems on life and death and materialistic reality in general, I’m now content with just keeping on my own path doing my own thing. Others involvement could very well become a distraction anyway. It’s much easier now to know the type of person that would be worth dropping these things into conversation with. Ya can work out within 5 minutes if you converse with someone properly by their whole attitude and demeanour if there’s a possibility of interest. But yea again, I get your point

What exactly is in the closet?

I bet people recognize true wisdom & love when they see it. There is no use to shove it down anyones throat. It's in the simple things.

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

12 hours ago, Moksha said:

See the same Self in your friends and family. Look beyond the personalities, and see Yourself in them. Just love them, without expectations, because they are You. If you are truly awake, their state of seeing is just part of the game, so make it easier for "them", and for "yourself", by simply loving and being :)

Well said ^_^

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

People are put in psych wards for this kind of shit so tell only the more open minded individuals. Not everyone.

19 hours ago, Meditationdude said:

Two people in my life know I’m self actualized and at a high level of consciousness. My girlfriend and therapist. 

My friend today asked me why I was so happy and doing so well and I didn’t know how to answer him. I got nervous and I said something along the lines of “well my business is doing good and I’ve been really focused lately.” But in reality I’ve just hit levels of consciousness I never dreamed of. 

I want to be open with my friends and family about this and how I’ve completely transformed but I’m afraid they will think I’m crazy. So I just play a role most of the day and try to act somewhat normal but on the inside I want to shake everyone and scream WAKE UP!! 

I feel like my old self is long dead. I already mourned him and now I’m ready to start over with this new Self. 

Great progress. However, you should not even think what other people should do, because real spirituality is begins, Realization of no “you or self”. So whatever your mind says comes from ego, not even close to spirituality. Dont listen to so called mind, dont take it seriously. Let it talk, it will stop. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."