Shanmugam

Osho and his 93 Rolls Royces

35 posts in this topic

Many people wonder about the behavior of the spiritually enlightened people and ask why do they behave the way they do. Sometimes what they do is against the conventional beliefs about spiritual enlightenment and creates a controversy.

For example, people ask why the controversial guru Osho or Rajneesh owned 93 Rolls-Royces. People have been judgmental about J.Krishnamurti and Papaji. The behavior that is judged often stands in the way of trusting them or their teachings.

In this video, I have explored this subject and have also talked about attribution bias, a cognitive bias that often makes us to commit errors in the judgment.

 


Shanmugam 

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for videos regarding spiritual path, psychology, meditation, poetry and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw?sub_confirmation=1 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, he didn’t actually own them. Whenever his followers wanted to give him another Rolls-Royce, the money was tracked in a fund. When the Oregon commune folded, the Rolls-Royce collection was sold (at a profit I might add) and those who had contributed to the fund got their money back.


“Nowhere is it writ that anthropoid apes should understand reality.” - Terence McKenna

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Maybe we should gift Leo a Rolls Royce or what car does he prefer?

Edited by GreenLight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GreenLight said:

Maybe we should gift Leo a Rolls Royce or what car does he prefer?

Lets all chip in to Leos Rolls Royce Go Fund Me project. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

17 minutes ago, Rilles said:

Lets all chip in to Leos Rolls Royce Go Fund Me project. 

I wouldn't mind to do it for the lolz. Imagine if we were successful?

I mean, osho had 93. We could at least give our bhagavan 1. He deserves it for his effort. 

Edited by GreenLight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Bodhitree said:

Well, he didn’t actually own them. Whenever his followers wanted to give him another Rolls-Royce, the money was tracked in a fund. When the Oregon commune folded, the Rolls-Royce collection was sold (at a profit I might add) and those who had contributed to the fund got their money back.

Yes... I know he didn't actually own them...

But didn't know that they were sold for profit later... Thats good to know.


Shanmugam 

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for videos regarding spiritual path, psychology, meditation, poetry and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw?sub_confirmation=1 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GreenLight said:

I wouldn't mind to do it for the lolz. Imagine if we were successful?

I mean, osho had 93. We could at least give our bhagavan 1. He deserves it for his effort. 

If everyone chimed in with 50$ it is definitely possible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Rilles said:

If everyone chimed in with 50$ it is definitely possible. 

I have to check this out of curiosity. 

I wonder how it would work in practice?

A new Rolls-Royce phantom costs 450k. While 2006 model only 96k in Nevada. Both are white to fit with his shirt. Making the goal 100k would be a piece of cake. However it would be cool if we found one of Rajneeshes Rolls-Royces.

 

Edited by GreenLight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Apparantly according to google the number 93 has significant symbolism - a compassionate meaning to help spread good to others. 

It's the Rolls Royce part that is mind boggling. 

Edited by Surfingthewave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And what about the girls with whom he had sex taking advantage of the fact that they had idolized him? nice attitude, very noble😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, GreenLight said:

I have to check this out of curiosity. 

I wonder how it would work in practice?

I have seen organizers closing their gofundme and disappearing with the money. So much money at your care can make you do unexpected things. Maybe a agreement with the Rolls Royce Nevada,USA would be ideal. They will hold the donations until it has reached the amount of a brand spanking new Roll Royce. Then they would send it to him directly.

 

 

bruh...

This is hilarious but also a mockery
Just donate to his patreon if you want to show your gratitude to leo lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Blind Sage said:

bruh...

This is hilarious but also a mockery
Just donate to his patreon if you want to show your gratitude to leo lol

Sure

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, GreenLight said:

Sure

 

I still think we should go for that Rolls Royce.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rilles said:

I still think we should go for that Rolls Royce.

;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Stage orange enlightenment vs stage blue enlightenment. It's the same thing except the ego uses it differently.

Edited by Michal__

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Osho wanted to provoke all kinds of feelings and biases buried in human unconscious. Rolls Royces were just one of the means to accomplish that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Rilles said:

I still think we should go for that Rolls Royce.

I'll chip in, but only if it's a Bentley. Can't be directly copying the grand wizard himself, and they're more fun to drive anyways. :P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, fridjonk said:

I'll chip in, but only if it's a Bentley. Can't be directly copying the grand wizard himself, and they're more fun to drive anyways. :P 

Sounds fair that we can hold the car option flexible. We have at this moment 3 Adepts with the possibility of reaching 150 bucks total. In my country that equals to a Suzuki Alto (1.0) from the previous century. If someone here is handy with cars then we can make it drivable on the road.

It is something but not a Bentley. So we appreciate other dear souls to chip in with us on this journey ❤️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I say we instead get him an Aston Martin due to his enjoyment of James Bond lol. 


10 Tabs of LSD - A God Consciousness Experience (begins at 1:32) 
https://youtu.be/IOLw7_lbJtw

PM me if you have questions about bipolar disorder & awakening. I offer free peer support & guidance to those who need or want it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now