caspex

Share your most recent Mind-Fuck

29 posts in this topic

What is/are your most recent mindfuck/s? Please try to explain. if you can, because I want to have them too.

Learning from others is knowledge, learning for yourself is wisdom. Reading books & watching videos give you options and pathways which you may not have been able to create or find on your own. The speaker has usually dedicated a large portion of his/her life to learning the lessons of their work. But to make the most of these lessons, we must contemplate their meaning for ourselves. We always value a lesson learned from ourselves over a lesson taught to us by someone else. This is why advice is rarely heeded. We must come up with our own conclusions. Your interests and values are not the same as those of your friends or family or teachers. What is true for another may not be true for you. Their are many levels of truth. Your job, if you desire, is to increase your clarity and perspective to create the best life possible. When learning a new concept, you could ask:

"In what ways do I disagree with what's being said, and what would be my alternative way of viewing this situation?"

"How is this person deluding himself? How might I be deluding myself in a similar way?"

"Do I actually agree/resonate with what's being said here, or am I just blindly following another's ideas?"

"In what ways I can integrate this lesson in my daily life?"

Edited by Logan

Just now, Nahm said:

That your name & color of your shirt are not a coincidence. 

B R U H

38 minutes ago, Nahm said:

That your name & color of your shirt are not a coincidence. 

Explain ?

If you cut a hole in a net, it has less holes in it. 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

Tryjng to be like yourself, and trying not to be like yourself, are the same thing. They are both 'what you are doing' which is 'being like yourself'. 

There are thoughts you can't have because you lack the vocabulary to have them.

Mindfulness is the secret sauce of sober god consciousness. 

It has such a bad rap because of how mainstream it's become :D But legitimately...  

20 hours ago, Nahm said:

@traveler

Swarnim means golden. 

Omg... Sat there for 5 minutes yesterday trying to figure out what you meant by that and just now saw the OP's name and shirt color. xD

I worked for a sociopath for more than 5 years without realizing that he is one or how damaging he was to me. Recently, I got in touch with him again and realized that he's a narcissistic jerk. It just O.o me the degree to which he affected me, and how.

Edited by Gesundheit

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

17 hours ago, cetus said:

I am Light. I am everywhere.

Which is nowhere ;) 

You don't need a reason to live. You only need an excuse.

All goals are simply excuses for you to go through the process towards fulfilling them. They don't really matter.

I get a mindgasm every time I start thinking about the implications of the above two sentences. It's as if I could sit there for an hour just thinking about them, holding them in my mouth and tasting them.

Maybe I should do that.

I wonder if they go with wine...

53 minutes ago, Gesundheit said:

I worked for a sociopath for more than 5 years without realizing that he is one or how damaging he was to me. Recently, I got in touch with him again and realized that he's a narcissistic jerk. It just O.o me the degree to which he affected me, and how.

Hope you feel better now. What did he do? 

You can derive it from simple logic

Left means not right