Ray

List of Affirmed Traditional/Non-Dual Teacher that Support Psychedelics?

17 posts in this topic

Hi! 

I'm looking for a list of affirmed teachers, both nondual or traditional, that say that they support the use of Psychedelics. Like Mooji seems ok with psychedelics whereas S.N Goenka seems opposed to them. I would love to have point of view of people that come from a "traditional" spiritual background and that they find psychedelics really helping the path towards enlightemnets. 

Thanks! 

Stop caring what others "approve".

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I think they are notoriously known by rejecting psychedelics.

However this shouldn't mean much to you talking into account that most Enlightments nowdays happen through psychedelics and not because of the methods of this traditional teachers.

Thanks for the reply Leo, I appreciate it :). 

I'm not looking for approval as much as I'm looking for a "confirmation" that psychedelics are "double checked" by expert/master of spirituality. Again I get what you are saying, but I'm just being prudent / making my research here. 

10 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Stop caring what others "approve".

@acidgoofy Thanks!

@Javfly33 Yup, yet I'm sure that there are many out there that support it, that's what I'm after :))  

@Ray

“Affirmed”, “traditional”, “teacher”. 

You’re just making that up as you go. Psychedelics stand to make that crystal clear. 

If you want the direct experience, directly experience. If you need anything, inspect thought attachment. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm Thanks for the answer, again I understand your point of view and argument yet having the point of view of these teachers will still help me to do my research more broadly. One doesn't exclude the other, even if they are critical. So if you have some suggestions I will glad if you could share it with me, thanks! :) 

On 2021-03-27 at 11:29 PM, Ray said:

Thanks for the reply Leo, I appreciate it :). 

I'm not looking for approval as much as I'm looking for a "confirmation" that psychedelics are "double checked" by expert/master of spirituality. Again I get what you are saying, but I'm just being prudent / making my research here. 

There are no experts when it comes to Life and God. Don't buy into that shit. Not even Jesus Christ claimed to be an expert, but gave all credit to The Father, in other words, Infinite Consciousness/God. All of these "masters" and "experts" you are speaking of are humans, God expressing through and as humans. They may or may not be very clear and open vehicles for God, but no matter how open they are, everything is still filtered through their humanness. This is not wrong, it's just human. I am saying there are no experts, but if you want to find that out the hard way, go find an expert who you believe knows better than your heart. 

Of course, these human beings can point and they can point really well. Or God can point through them. But all Truth they hold belongs to God. God is playing every part, and can use anyone and everyone for the purpose of waking up God to God. But any character is limited in his/her understanding, just because The Infinite is filtered through a finite mind. Which not wrong. It's great. But just remember that. This includes this message by the way

@Ray

Go for the direct experience. Quite shocking, the way one indeed does essentially ‘exclude’ the other. In hindsight it’ll be thought & perception, and not even. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Ray you're gonna wake up when it's time brother.  And however you get there is how you get there.   Its spontaneous -(and not) because the ego doesn't wake up - God does.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

all teachers oppose psychedelics, without having tried them. I have the strong feeling that it bothers them that there is the possibility of an awakening "for all audiences." they like exclusivity, that only very few can get to where they are. what a stupid thing. They should be glad that as many people as possible wake up. but no, they get angry "the easy way"

How about the millions of natives/ancestors who fucking loved psychedelics to the point they were in many cases central parts of their culture? Stop giving a shit what these disconnected & ethnocentric “nondual” teachers say in all scenarios. They have a system or ideology to promote and are aligned against anything outside of that whether they are awakened or not. 

Just one example — the Aztecs called psilocybin mushrooms Teonanácatl. This means either flesh of the gods or flesh of god. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

On 3/27/2021 at 3:29 PM, Ray said:

I'm looking for a "confirmation" that psychedelics are "double checked" by expert/master of spirituality.

And that is the problem.

Take back your authority from these so called "experts".

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Honestly. Dont listen to popular american culture. It's pretty much: "HORSE SHIT!". We all must stop "Conforming" and seek a life that fits the world and our individual personalities. That's the only way. 

Love life and your Health, INFJ Visionary

On 3/27/2021 at 6:29 PM, Ray said:

I'm looking for a "confirmation" that psychedelics are "double checked" by expert/master of spirituality. 

Sounds backwards to me. I’ve found it more important to “double check” expert/masters of spirituality by psychedelics. 

On 3/27/2021 at 3:42 PM, acidgoofy said:

Culadasa is a buddhist meditation teacher who has done many psychedelics and acknowledges their potential

The video below has an interesting discussion of psychedelics by Culadasa.   He frequently took psychedelics in the 60s.  So he is a meditation teacher who is speaking from his own experience with psychedelics.   He also  mentions the recent Ayahuasca trend.  His position seems to be that if you follow Buddhist meditation with the proper instructions, you will reach a state of awakening more quickly with meditation than with psychedelics.  The effects of psychedelics are all over the map, whereas the Buddha provided a systematic method.  Culadasa’s book  “The Illuminated Mind” is the only meditation book out there that gives an efficient meditation path with 10 stages, and clearly defined goals and milestones. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E48ByR0Xt6U

Vincit omnia Veritas.