Philipp

Is finding Truth simple or complex?

20 posts in this topic

Did you treat it like a problem that has a simple solution or a problem that has a complex solution? (if the question is wrong, pls also explain)

I think it boils down to the 'characteristic' and 'shape' of the mind that is 'looking for' the truth.

I would consider giving a try to a different approach, because the mind cannot internalize the ultimate truth of itself (but he can look for it until it's inevitable demise). Try to view it this way: the fundamental 'substance' (so to speak) of the mind, is the 'thing' that the mind is 'looking for'. The search itself is made out of the 'object' of the search. The truth is so 'close' to you, that you can't perceive it or conceive of it in any way.

Unfortunately and eventually all analogies, sophisticated as they may seem, fall short.

You don't have to find any truth, because It is you (and by you I don't mean the self, ego or mind, which are functions of survival and are not your true nature, which is you).

freeing the mind is not simple because the spell of deception is strong. the self that wants to transcend itself is a paradox in itself. the concept structure has to be demolished, and that is not easy. the self must want to kill itself, but the most it can do is understand and weaken itself. When it is weak enough, and is understood, it may dissolve at specific moments, and the truth will appear

So simple that you'll laugh your ass off. :)

Don't confuse simple with easy. It is the most simple realization, and when it happens you will laugh. xD Staying awake, after the simple realization, is the hard part.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

@Moksha It's hard because you realise there is nothing you can do, everything you try to actively "do" leads nowhere. What's the fix for that?

1 hour ago, Endangered-EGO said:

@Moksha It's hard because you realise there is nothing you can do, everything you try to actively "do" leads nowhere. What's the fix for that?

Stop doing, and start being. The ego is egging you on to do something. Don't trust it. You don't have to do anything. You already are. Deeply realize that the conditioned mind is always going to make you suffer, and develop the discipline not to be pulled into its orbit. Our forms have been conditioned since the day we were born, and both karmically and genetically, the conditioning extends far beyond the birth of this particular form. Deconditioning is difficult. It takes enormous will, which is why so few actually attain the state of perpetual being, even within the cosmos of relative reality. That is the hilarity of the game we play with ourselves, since we always are being, just in different states of awareness. 9_9

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

26 minutes ago, Kalo said:

The ego is well knowing that you already are, altough it tries to veil Being/Awareness.

Nothing tries so hard to veil something it knows doesn't exist or is untrue.

The kicker is, everything, and every nothing, is Consciousness. Even the ego. It is a state we create for ourselves, to temporarily hide from ourselves, in the relative cosmos of spacetime. Every story needs a villain, right? :ph34r:

@Philipp Truth with a capitol 'T' is infinitely present. There is nothing complex about it.

Thought and knowledge whatever is the as same as coffee cup.No difference. 

Is finding the water for a fish in the ocean simple or complex?

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

19 hours ago, Philipp said:

Did you treat it like a problem that has a simple solution or a problem that has a complex solution? (if the question is wrong, pls also explain)

I think a problem with truth is, that many perceive it like a solid rock in the changeable sea of life. Something substantial to hold on. That´s why this urge to find it. To hold on. But it´s exactly the opposite.

1 hour ago, zeroISinfinity said:

Thought and knowledge whatever is the as same as coffee cup.No difference. 

:)

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.”

17 minutes ago, allislove said:

Is finding the water for a fish in the ocean simple or complex?

Always been suspicious if you know what I mean. 

Buddha said

realization is no more conditioning, arrival is no more craving

2 hours ago, gettoefl said:

arrival is no more craving

Absolutely. the complete liberation of the i. there is no i and nothing is needed. it is freedom, wonder and beauty. I've been there two days, too good to be true. I went to sleep and woke up in the middle of the night, and the ego was there again, stronger than ever. and even more intolerable knowing that eternity blah blah blah. now there is no eternity, only the ego, an empty ego that cannot even console itself in projects because it knows it does not exist, but is still stuck like a limpet. lasting liberation seems difficult to me. Everything I do, every person I talk to, strengthens the ego. I want the ego to go away, but who says this is the ego ... the truth is simple, clean, light, but the lie is very complex, dirty. I need a couple of beers for that ego right now

4 hours ago, allislove said:

Yeah time for blowing myself up into infinity or coming close that to be simple for while

Oh yes. 

All human stuff and all this spiritual talk hahahaha.