Philipp

Will the future happen?

22 posts in this topic

Do you think the future will happen, or is the future nothing more than a thought? 

2 hours ago, Philipp said:

is the future nothing more than a thought? 

Exactly, it's just a thought. 

Become aware of it for yourself: is there anything but "now"? 

Of course, it will happen, in the future.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

Infinity means the future, present, and past are always happening. 

Within a timeline of past, present and future. . . the future will happen.

Within Here and Now, there is no timeline. The future will not happen (since there is no future to happen). It would be like asking "Could I eat an airplane in this tuna sandwich?". Of course not, since there is no airplane in a tuna sandwich. 

Most minds are conditioned to think in opposites. That is, either the future will happen or the future will not happen. The first step of expansion is to realize the opposite to which the mind is immersed. Since most minds are immersed within a timeline (in which the future will happen), the realization is the opposite - that there is no timeline and there is no future. . . Since the mind operates in opposites, it will flip to the opposite side and think "Ah ha! The future will never happen, the future does not exist!". . . The next step of expansion is to realize both sides of the duality as One. That there is both a timeline and no timeline. The next step of expansion is to explore beyond that construct. . . 

I would rank metacognition of opposing constructs as one of the most important features of consciousness expansion. There are degrees of this ability, yet very few minds are good at it. The ability will save a mind years of work, confusion and frustration. 

2 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

It would be like asking "Could I eat an airplane in this tuna sandwich?". Of course not, since there is no airplane in a tuna sandwich. 

What an image??

5 hours ago, Philipp said:

Do you think the future will happen

"Happen" is defined in terms of the "future". Just as "happened" is defined in terms of the "past". So yes, but only because happen belongs to the future.

Edited by LastThursday

All stories and explanations are false.

6 hours ago, Gesundheit said:

Of course, it will happen, in the future.

@Gesundheit So you think. ?

Thats how you create the illusion of life.

6 hours ago, Forestluv said:

. That there is both a timeline and no timeline.

@Forestluv Really?

"No timeline" exists as actuality.

"A timeline" only exists as a concept. 

1 hour ago, GreenWoods said:

@Forestluv Really?

Yes, I acknowledged that.

If we delete part of the statement, the part we hold gets recontextualized. The two parts together is distinct from either isolated part. 

12 hours ago, Philipp said:

Do you think the future will happen, or is the future nothing more than a thought? 

Try to actually go to a past or future. It helps the realization you = now, or, that you only experience the present. What will this unfold to be for you in experience is the question, imo. Notice experience has only ever been what you’re focused on. It really is quite a present. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

6 hours ago, Nahm said:

Try to actually go to a past or future. It helps the realization you = now, or, that you only experience the present. What will this unfold to be for you in experience is the question, imo. Notice experience has only ever been what you’re focused on. It really is quite a present. 

9 hours ago, GreenWoods said:

@Gesundheit So you think. ?

Thats how you create the illusion of life.

6 hours ago, Nahm said:

Even if you time travel, you will still be here and now. Even if you teleport to another spatial location, you will be here and now. 

infinite now, so there  of course there's always more now, , but its all already there. Our limited consciousness experiences as "happens"  

7 hours ago, Nahm said:

Try to actually go to a past or future.

I suspect this guys know how to go back to the future xD

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

So most of you guys say the future is just a concept, an illusion, but then I wonder if you should care about the future. 

Like all the people who work their whole life, so that their children can have a better life in the future. Everything we try to do against climate change. Everything we do to progress, as a society.

Will the future be experienced, like I am experiencing this time? If not, why would you care about it?