VeganAwake

You are conditioning!

26 posts in this topic

If you were born in Afghanistan, you would be a completely different ME, with different beliefs, ideas, thoughts, and concepts.

If you were born in Alaska, you would be a completely different ME, with different beliefs, ideas, thoughts, and concepts.

If you were born in Japan, you would be a completely different ME, with different beliefs, ideas, thoughts, and concepts.

When this is clearly understood, its recognized there isn't actually a real YOU!!

There is only a socially conditioned idea of who you think you are.

If you take away the conditioned idea of who you think you are, What IS Left?

Don't think!

Look and see!

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

No , I am an actual God. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

behind the conditioned mind there is still an i that seeks acceptance, security, survival, be it Japanese or Afghan

5 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

That sounds an active approach. Who is doing the taking away? The conditioning can't take itself away (where would it take it to?), so I need to do some work to access the unconditioned.  Give the conditioning a rest and see what lies beneath ... 

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

2 hours ago, snowyowl said:

Give the conditioning a rest and see what lies beneath ... 

Where will it rest, a bed? And what's underneath mean? 

?Jk

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

If there was a button, that when pushed, I became you, and you became me, from either of our perspectives pushing the button does nothing. 

Edited by Mason Riggle

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

If you want to stop the crazyness and be what you really are, you only have to disappear as a man or woman, as a social being, blend in with the nature of which you are a part, merge and let yourself go completely. blur the separation between you and the rest, abandon yourself. Forget all your opinions, fears and thoughts. it is possible, you just have to give up everything. but that everything is a lie. the human has gone mad. he is deeply sick, absolutely stupid. There is another way without dissapear of the society? I'd say no, the problem is that society has a huge magnetism

1 hour ago, seeking_brilliance said:

Where will it rest, a bed? And what's underneath mean? 

?Jk

ha ha you got me, hoist on my own petard :D  Relax, dial down the conditioned monkey mind to notice the background. But that needs spiritual practice of something like meditation, yoga or whatever. 

I guess that aligns with @Breakingthewall  blending in etc. But we're already blended in, the conditioned illusion is that we aren't. 

@snowyowl I like 'relaxing' but maybe even that's doing too much. It's more like a 'love letting'.  Another good word would be flowing. 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

30 minutes ago, snowyowl said:

But we're already blended in, the conditioned illusion is that we aren't. 

True, we are, and we cannot stop being it, but every day we do thousands of acts that strengthen the illusion of separation, which leads to madness. the problem is that it is really difficult to stop doing them. for example, writing here could be one of them

Edited by Breakingthewall

9 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

If you were born in Afghanistan, you would be a completely different ME, with different beliefs, ideas, thoughts, and concepts.

If you were born in Alaska, you would be a completely different ME, with different beliefs, ideas, thoughts, and concepts.

If you were born in Japan, you would be a completely different ME, with different beliefs, ideas, thoughts, and concepts.

Who is this you that is prior to and subject to all these conditions?  

9 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

Don't think!

Look and see!

Pure awareness. And the body. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

1 hour ago, Mason Riggle said:

If there was a button, that when pushed, I became you, and you became me, from either of our perspectives pushing the button does nothing. 

I like your way of thinking, its a great mindfuck.

And similar idea is you can be stuck in 5minute loop for eternity and you wouldt know it

And other idea is that maybe every night you die in sleep and you are changed with someone else.

And similarly In this sence you are already dying every moment of your life.

These mental exercises say a lot about death and how incarnations work.

Edited by AdamR95

@AdamR95 If you become aware that you are dreaming, are you still dreaming, or did you 'wake up'? 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

There is no one left regardless of how much the ME wants there to be... there's no one there now :o

And it can't really be put into words.

And until it's seen directly, it will just be the sense of ME believing it intellectually understands this message.

Edited by VeganAwake

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

2 hours ago, Mason Riggle said:

Well said.

That's actually on one hand super obvious - but also a great mindfuck.

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

14 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

When this is clearly understood, its recognized there isn't actually a real YOU!!

There is only a socially conditioned idea of who you think you are.

Don't think!

Look and see!

seems gender/sexuality cannot be taken away however, these are nature not nurture and one needs to live with these limitations

sex itself can be transcended for sure but not the fact of one's gender

13 hours ago, Someone here said:

Who is this you that is prior to and subject to all these conditions?  

Nothing

Pure awareness. And the body. 

There is a conditioned body and it's empty

17 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

behind the conditioned mind there is still an i that seeks acceptance, security, survival, be it Japanese or Afghan

I is a product of the conditioning and seeks because it feels incomplete or separate. 

13 hours ago, Mason Riggle said:

@AdamR95 If you become aware that you are dreaming, are you still dreaming, or did you 'wake up'? 

No one wakes up, the dreamer is just simply recognized to have never been.

And nothing recognizes this, so recognizing it, is also part of the dream story, which never actually occurred.

5 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

No one wakes up, the dreamer is just simply recognized to have never been.

And nothing recognizes this, so recognizing it, is also part of the dream story, which never actually occurred.

So who recognises? We use the analogy of dream/dreamer, which you state is an illusion, so in that case awakening is also unreal. 

Maybe I'm playing the game of trying to find a ground, but it just seems impossible. Your style reminds me of Jim Newman, do you watch him? I do, in moderation, because he drives me a bit crazy, but I keep going back. 

Edited by snowyowl