Someone here

Define awakening

96 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

what about your nearly 3000 posts? 

It's only talk.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

19 minutes ago, Nahm said:

What makes a thought certain? 

Idk. But I recently became an uncle!! 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

@Nahm no lol. You asked how are you certain of (the thought) birth? 

Im saying birth is not a thought.. Because I just became an uncle few weeks ago.. Meaning I witnessed the birth of my brother's son and verified directly that humans are born. That was just a revelation. 

It's kinda obvious and silly but James123 said that 'I Was never born' 

So I had to clarify which 'I'.... ?

-Osho

51 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Im saying birth is not a thought.. Because I just became an uncle few weeks ago.. Meaning I witnessed the birth of my brother's son and verified directly that humans are born. That was just a revelation. 

So I had to clarify which 'I'.... ?

You’ve not directly experienced your birth. You’re directly experiencing perception, and thoughts arise labelling & describing perception, and you’re believing the thoughts actually define, perception. Consider the term ‘radical honesty’ in regard to inspecting what is experienced. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm 

If you don't mind the random question... Do you "think as a doing" sometimes or do you just have thoughts arise and you choose and let them go however you like always?

For example if you have to plan a mathematical equation you must experience a separate self thinking the mathematical problem.

How do you stop that separate self from "expanding" to the rest of the day? ?

20 hours ago, James123 said:

Sorry brotha can't unquote 

5 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

For example if you have to plan a mathematical equation you must experience a separate self thinking the mathematical problem.

Why?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

1 minute ago, Carl-Richard said:

Why?

2 hours ago, Nahm said:

Well how the hell you can plan a complex intellectual problem without thoughts??

And for a complex thing a separate self arises in forms of thoughts..

Yeah I know there is no self, just thoughts.

But...you know what I mean

@Javfly33  The mathematical 'problem' and its 'solution' are actually one and the same thing; it simply arises by itself and 'solves itself', so to speak.

(I already know that this answer isn't going to satisfy you in the slightest, but what can I say man... it is what it is! ;))

Edited by Bazooka Jesus

Why so serious?

It's something you experience after you've had enough sleep, or after your father freshens you up with his almighty glass of water thrown at your face ?

Edited by Gesundheit

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

3 minutes ago, Gesundheit said:

It's something you experience after you've had enough sleep.

I will sleep tomorrow, till the elephants come on their long, thin legs and wake me. Till 12:00 o´clock :)

On 3/11/2021 at 8:51 AM, Someone here said:

What about increasing your levels of consciousness and realizing reality is imaginary and you are God and all alone etc etc..? 

When you realize you are God you will also be God simultaneously.  You will have awoken from the dream.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

A non-happening or no thing.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

15 hours ago, Nahm said:

You’ve not directly experienced your birth. You’re directly experiencing perception, and thoughts arise labelling & describing perception, and you’re believing the thoughts actually define, perception. Consider the term ‘radical honesty’ in regard to inspecting what is experienced. 

I agree. But it's kinda trippy. 

Where did I come from?  You have no memory of your very first months and of your birth... Yet others can confirm to you that you were Born.  After all just because you have no memory of your birth.. Doesn't mean that human avatar you're inhabiting wasn't born and not gonna die. Doesn't mean it does either. 

7 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

When you realize you are God you will also be God simultaneously.  You will have awoken from the dream.  

I awakened to the fact that only my direct subjective experience is certain to be true. Don't know if call that God realization 

-Osho

16 hours ago, Someone here said:

m saying birth is not a thought.. Because I just became an uncle few weeks ago.. Meaning I witnessed the birth of my brother's son and verified directly that humans are born. That was just a revelation. 

The real question is, if you never learned that you born, can you be born? You can say okey it is not a birth, but some action take place, as child coming. If you never learn whatever you say, hear, understand (even word of understanding) , what can you know? Forget everything that you have learned and try to find yourself. Anything you say is a thought process, comes from knowing and understanding. But the word that you cant even see, is it a sound, word, air or just movement of mouth? Is it direct experience? Don’t forget direct experience comes from directly being, not evaluating, understanding, feeling nor seeing. Anything you feel, see, understand, knowing comes from so called “I”. If there is no “I”, what is left? 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

10 minutes ago, James123 said:

The real question is, if you never learned that you born, can you be born? You can say okey it is not a birth, but some action take place, as child coming. If you never learn whatever you say, hear, understand (even word of understanding) , what can you know? Forget everything that you have learned and try to find yourself. Anything you say is a thought process, comes from knowing and understanding. But the word that you cant even see, is it a sound, word, air or just movement of mouth? Is it direct experience? Don’t forget direct experience comes from directly being, not evaluating, understanding, feeling nor seeing. Anything you feel, see, understand, knowing comes from so called “I”. If there is no “I”, what is left?. 

What is your problem with 'learning' and 'understanding' and 'labeling'? ..my point is... If a child gets Born.. It's the same event whether you label it or not. 

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

5 minutes ago, Someone here said:

What is your problem with 'learning' and 'understanding' and 'labeling'? ..my point is... If a child gets Born.. It's the same event whether you label it or not. 

Thats where you are stuck at. Including Birth of the child is naming and labeling, or knowing. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

2 hours ago, James123 said:

Thats where you are stuck at. Including Birth of the child is naming and labeling, or knowing. 

Pointer to not-knowing (recognition of labeled/constructed reality)?

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

2 hours ago, James123 said:

I know.. 'birth of a child' is a label??. Why do you think that label is being applied in the first place?? Why do you think we use language? .. I mean you are using words right now to say that you should not use words!!

How ironic! 

-Osho