Vision

When will I start enjoying meditation?

32 posts in this topic

Meditation is (in the way it's mostly practiced) sitting quietly with ourselves, relaxing, ie switching off the usual distractions. When a difficult feeling arises it's tempting to blame it on the meditation and go back to the distractions, but in fact all the meditation is doing is revealing our deeper feelings which are usually masked by our absorption in thoughts and external stimulation. 

The Buddha warned us about this unsatisfactory feeling, but don't worry, this is all part of the process of self-realisation, so keep going. Although nothing wrong with trying different techniques which may suit you better. 

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

Any time you are doing something you know isn't the wisest action (such as being lost in thought, or procrastinating), that's what dipping your toes into lower-consciousness feels like. Notice when you are doing this, and be grateful that you recognized it -- that's what dipping back into higher-consciousness feels like. Noticing this over and over again is a numbers game.

Edited by The0Self

On 3/6/2021 at 9:48 PM, Vision said:

When you finally realize that real meditation is not a 'doing' but resting in awareness.

On 19.10.2020 at 10:16 PM, Loving Radiance said:

Wanting to be held in the gentlest hand, wanting to rest in the most tender blanket of awareness.

Let yourself go. Rest now. @Vision

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

On 2021. 03. 07. at 1:12 PM, Loving Radiance said:

I started to enjoy it when I laid my focus on the resting part. It feels like resting awareness on the most comfy blanket held up by the most gentle hand. Just letting go and resting, doing nothing. Mind doesn't have to work anymore. It's just giving yourself to this moment, surrendering all that is.

Yup, pretty much same here.

it takes a long time but meanwhile, don't wait for meditation to become enjoyable.

Just devote yourself to the work. The spiritual gains are worth it and you know this if you've been meditating for a little while.

Meditate with precision and give up enjoying or being happy during it. 

If you only meditate when its nice how are you ever going to get anywhere.

Edited by Byun Sean

If you've begun to enjoy meditation, it means from this point forth it isn't going to do shit for you.

People just don't understand the principles of enlightenment.  Meditation isn't just some magic switch that if you press enough times you will get enlightened.  It's going into the unknown, out of the comfort zone that is of essence, not the technique or method itself.

People want to have their cake and eat it too. But awakening is about eating a shit sandwich regularly until you turn into cake. xD

Edited by Haumea2018

My problem with meditation is that I get super sleepy if I Meditate more than 30 minutes even if I'm sitting in the floor without back support and specially in the mornings. So I Meditate 30 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes in the night. But for me I love meditating I feel like my body needs the meditation and craves it. 

Edited by nahtanoj

16 minutes ago, nahtanoj said:

My problem with meditation is that I get super sleepy if I Meditate more than 30 minutes even if I'm sitting in the floor without back support and specially in the mornings. So I Meditate 30 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes in the night. But for me I love meditating I feel like my body needs the meditation and craves it. 

If you get sleepy during meditation it just means you didn't sleep enough (or you're meditating on a full stomach). Don't complicate something as simple as sitting. Sit upright in a firm office chair. The trick to sitting meditation is relaxed > upright > minimal pain. Doesn't matter how you accomplish that. Back support is not a sin (only bad back support).

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Carl-Richard I sleep 7-8 hours and do fasting in the mornings. I'm also very comfortable doing it. So Idk. I usually prefer to do some Kriya Yoga because breathing wakes me up.

2 minutes ago, nahtanoj said:

@Carl-Richard I sleep 7-8 hours and do fasting in the mornings. I'm also very comfortable doing it. So Idk. I usually prefer to do some Kriya Yoga because breathing wakes me up.

Your body knows very well what it needs. It will tell you ;)

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Always now :D 

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x