LfcCharlie4

Rupert Spira explaining the book “1000” in 10 minutes

19 posts in this topic

The LOC model of Ramaji & Ananda has always gotten a lot of flak on here from most, and I get how it can come across.

For those who can’t relate to the numbers & what not, Rupert explains in this video how not all awakenings / Non-Dual teachers are talking about the highest truth, and in fact, most aren’t. 

It is essentially distilling 1000 into a 10 minute video, also has some nice points that not all awakened beings will end up as teachers, in fact the majority will carry on as “normal citizens” 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

From the comment section:

When you ask yourself the question “am i aware”...you refer to an objective-quality less experience of being aware and a thought rises “yes”. If you stay with that experience after the thought (being aware of being aware),awareness gradually ,in time ,loses its limitations and the true nature of awareness will shine as it is .This process is called self abidance.

@Forestluv beautiful 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

And I got news for ya, consciousness goes way beyond 1000.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, first said:

@Leo Gura are you still Leo ?

He was never Leo..It’s consciousness living this experience.

@Leo Gura What do you think of rupert's teachings on peace and happiness.

According to him the goal of every ego is to find the peace and happiness inherent in being. I don't really see you talking about that, so do you think there's stuff worth pursuing beyond peace and happiness she rupert is deluded, or are you going to seek happiness after going deeper with psychs?

18 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@Leo Gura What do you think of rupert's teachings on peace and happiness.

According to him the goal of every ego is to find the peace and happiness inherent in being. I don't really see you talking about that, so do you think there's stuff worth pursuing beyond peace and happiness she rupert is deluded, or are you going to seek happiness after going deeper with psychs?

Does not contradict anything I teach.

Happiness is the fruit of doing all the work. But I would not purse happiness directly. Rather pursue truth, wisdom, consciousness, selflessness, and love. If you do that, you'll optimize your happiness.

Peace is the natural byproduct of truth and awakening.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

my people/all of you will "push" me to the highest of LOC so i dont have to worry about that at least.....

@Nahm

Yeah, levels seem so safe zone from the ego's perspective. It's like 'I am better than that guy, but I need to work hard to be like Ramana'. Levels are basically the same belief that 'I am the body'. So, the link can be made between 'a body' and a particular level. There is no ego's perspective though, just a mirage. 

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

@allislove

Exactly. Hence the facade of embodiment, integration, etc. They’re like ads for a movie which one is already watching yet doesn’t acknowledge or realize the actual nature of. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

1 hour ago, allislove said:

The meme of all memes 

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

@allislove

Exactly. Hence the facade of embodiment, integration, etc. They’re like ads for a movie which one is already watching yet doesn’t acknowledge or realize the actual nature of. 

Of course.

It's definitely some interesting material and you can tell they spent some time putting it together. 

But how can there be a scale placed on something constantly changing.

For example would somebody that created a sustainable living environment on Mars have a higher LOC than a Tibetan monk meditating his or her whole life in the mountains.

The rating scale is imaginary. I guess you could say it's perspectival at best.

Like what about Willy Wonka he figured out how to make ice cream that doesn't melt... he must have a goddamn IQ of 160.

Forrest Gump seemed quite at peace with everything...❤

Edited by VeganAwake

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Ok lets induce nightmares to young populus. 

Don't worry you ain't to become like this. Reaction might be but ya all will look normal. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

12 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

For example would somebody that created a sustainable living environment on Mars have a higher LOC than a Tibetan monk meditating his or her whole life in the mountains.

No, but he'd probably have a much higher IQ.  Just like a professional basketball player would have more height and high-twitch muscle fibers.

Not everything's about enlightenment.  People at 1000 LOC don't automatically fly after flapping their arms either.

But, really, the hate on this forum for the scale is humorous.  It's a massive knee-jerk reaction to something in essence described in multiple independent sources, from the Zen Oxherding Pictures to the work of Stanislav Grof and Ken Wilber.

Is it a phobia of numbers? Did everyone here fail middle school math or something? ;)

Just a reminder: the enlightened/not enlightened conceptual duality is just like the LOC 1000 scale, except there are two positions instead of 1000. An on/off switch vs. a dimmer.

So please stop using words like awakening, enlightenment, truth, etc. to be fully consistent with your righteous reactions. :)

Edited by Haumea2018

1 hour ago, Haumea2018 said:

No, but he'd probably have a much higher IQ.  Just like a professional basketball player would have more height and high-twitch muscle fibers.

Not everything's about enlightenment.  People at 1000 LOC don't automatically fly after flapping their arms either.

But, really, the hate on this forum for the scale is humorous.  It's a massive knee-jerk reaction to something in essence described in multiple independent sources, from the Zen Oxherding Pictures to the work of Stanislav Grof and Ken Wilber.

Is it a phobia of numbers? Did everyone here fail middle school math or something? ;)

Just a reminder: the enlightened/not enlightened conceptual duality is just like the LOC 1000 scale, except there are two positions instead of 1000. An on/off switch vs. a dimmer.

So please stop using words like awakening, enlightenment, truth, etc. to be fully consistent with your righteous reactions. :)

But Enlightenment is the recognition that the individual that was striving for a better position in life to become enlightened or attain an LOC of 1000 was an illusion, and that illusory experience of not feeling complete is the very thing that seems to hide the completeness/freedom/liberation that is longed-for and yet already the case. ❤

That's why this recognition is often referred to as the cosmic joke or the Open Secret.... it's so obvious that it's simply overlooked.

Edited by VeganAwake

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi