preventingdiabetes

If you are Enlightened, would developing your relative self make you happier?

23 posts in this topic

If you are Enlightened (Waking Up), would developing your relative self through Integral Theory, Spiral Dynamics, Ego Development, (Growing Up) make you happier? 

Leo says to develop ourselves in both avenues, Waking Up and Growing Up. But if true happiness is found through Waking Up, what would happen if I put all my attention and energy into Waking Up and didn't put as much time into Growing Up?  

Let's say there are two people at the exact same level in terms of Waking Up, but their level in Growing Up is different. 

Would a Stage Turquoise person be happier than a Stage Blue person despite both of them being Enlightened? 

Glamorizing the prison cell is what that's often referred to in spiritual circles! And often mistaken as Awakening!

The question makes no sense from an enlightened perspective because enlightenment is the disintegration of the 'YOU' that believes in relativity and thinks it's going to gain something from enlightenment.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@VeganAwake

3 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

The question makes no sense from an enlightened perspective

What if you look at it from a relative perspective? 

Happy/unhappy and developed/undeveloped are dualities, so these are viewed and understood completely different from the perspective of "enlightened people".

However, awakened people function in the everyday life too. They work, have prefrences, engage in relationships and so on. They may even decide that they want to improve in certain areas in their lives. The big difference is that they don't do it because of neurotic and egoistic desires to 'get somewhere' or to 'get fulfilled'. They are already complete and whole (just like everybody else), so the decision is just a simple decision. It's much more free-flowing and no additional stories and certain attachments are involved.

30 minutes ago, preventingdiabetes said:

@VeganAwake

What if you look at it from a relative perspective? 

From a relative perspective it's an endless game of catch and release.

From an absolute perspective there was nothing that needed to be caught in the first place!

But catching and releasing and not fishing are all the same thing

Edited by VeganAwake

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

You could just decide to be happy right now, no reason not to other then the reasons you make up, the stories you tell youself about why I lack this or that and need it to be happy. 
Unhappiness stems from the idea that you or what is going on is not good enough, so you attempt to change yourself, this is negative motivation.
You are perfectly you, now and always. Aline yourself with what is true, and you will see it was always there. 

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

On 2/12/2021 at 7:40 AM, preventingdiabetes said:

But if true happiness is found through Waking Up, what would happen if I put all my attention and energy into Waking Up and didn't put as much time into Growing Up?  

Someone has been reading Ken Wilber. :) 

You need both. 

If you not growing, it gets harder and harder to wake up.

You must disentangle all the shadows before you see the Light. 

@preventingdiabetes

Waking Up = Growing Up, Not Two.

Enlightenment is not personal.

Everlasting peace is the screen, any model of ego development operates within a movie.

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

1 hour ago, allislove said:

@preventingdiabetes

Waking Up = Growing Up, Not Two.

Enlightenment is not personal.

this is wrong

On 2/11/2021 at 10:40 PM, preventingdiabetes said:

If you are Enlightened (Waking Up), would developing your relative self through Integral Theory, Spiral Dynamics, Ego Development, (Growing Up) make you happier? 

Happiness is the natural state of all life.

The only way you aren't happy is if you are resisting this present moment somehow. 

Which of course you have to if you are still invested in surviving your self. Depending upon how selfish and big your sense of self is will determine

how unhappy you will feel about life.

Spiral stage, ego development, and developing your relative self will certainly make your life better. Don't let anyone fool you. 

The two are not separate. All parts of your development are highly interconnected.

For example no matter where someone is at in waking up a stage turquoise person will be significantly wiser in what they pursue in life with their time

and energy than a stage orange person.

The stage turquoise person would likely pursue more consciousness while a stage orange person would hit their limit chasing money (while useful will not bring ultimate/ total fulfillment) and not know where to go from there.

Edited by Byun Sean

On 2/11/2021 at 10:40 PM, preventingdiabetes said:

Would a Stage Turquoise person be happier than a Stage Blue person despite both of them being Enlightened?

That depends.

Enlightenment is not some ultimate state or necessarily even the end of your journey in self actualization. It is just a direct consciousness of 

your true nature.

You can still be at a low spiral stage, be emotionally immature, have unresolved childhood trauma issues after enlightenment.

Relatively speaking, the degree of fulfillment of a person depends on how much consciousness the person has. Be careful assuming

what you know about enlightenment if you've never experienced such a thing.

If you haven't your'e imagining up some bullshit.

Edited by Byun Sean

@Byun Sean

Thank you for the "constructive" feedback. 

I'll expand a little bit, so maybe it's going to shine some light on what I was pointing to.

"Waking Up" does not contradict "Growing Up" path. Not Enlightenment VS Life Purpose, but Enlightenment + Life Purpose.

In the OP question, there is an assumption that a person becomes enlightened, that's just an assumption. There is a self realization, and 'self' does not mean a separate person. 

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

1 hour ago, Kalo said:

The Truly Enlightened  or Awake while in human form is a man who becomes God in human form after having attained God-realization or consciousness of the Supreme conscious state of ''I am God''. I'm not talking about western newbies like rupert spira or whatever others you have. Don''t take any of them seriously, lol.

• The relative self, the ego, is annihilated. There is nothing to develop.
  • The Sadhguru, or the Perfect Master, leaves his body once for all after having attained the Absolute state.
  • If he comes back and is able to hold his body, he will remain as God in human form only to do God's work, aka awaken others.

All of that is just a thought in your mind nothing more ❤

On 2/12/2021 at 1:40 AM, preventingdiabetes said:

Leo says to develop ourselves in both avenues, Waking Up and Growing Up. But if true happiness is found through Waking Up, what would happen if I put all my attention and energy into Waking Up and didn't put as much time into Growing Up?  

Let's say there are two people at the exact same level in terms of Waking Up, but their level in Growing Up is different. 

This may be a controversial answer, but no one knows.  From a scientific standpoint, there isn't a lot of data to say one way or the other.  You can't live one life, become enlightened, measure something called happiness objectively, and then simultaneously live another life, become enlightened and do growing up work to compare it to, to see if one is happier than the other.

That said, there's a lot of growing up work that you may hear about, be inspired to do, then experience a correlation to feeling better than you were before you had done so.  Like, realizing your a raging alchoholic, or have a violent temper, feeling a need to change such things, following such movements of energy, and then down the road finding out that you dont wake up as drained, interacting with people is overall more pleasant......

On 2/11/2021 at 10:52 PM, VeganAwake said:

Glamorizing the prison cell is what that's often referred to in spiritual circles! And often mistaken as Awakening!

The question makes no sense from an enlightened perspective because enlightenment is the disintegration of the 'YOU' that believes in relativity and thinks it's going to gain something from enlightenment.

Calling it a prison is still being caught in the prison. Love yourself to death, judging it as evil, a prison, bad is just bypassing and still being caught in the prison. 

Much love man ❤️

On 2/12/2021 at 1:40 AM, preventingdiabetes said:

Clarity is pointing to what is spoken of. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

As far as I know, the whole point of enlightenment is for the relative self to fall away.

6 hours ago, Kalo said:

I'm describing the eastern spiritual tradition, which is well documented. 

Go to India or Persia or Arabia and meet a real guru. 

Jim Newman will do you nothing but talk.

I was just pointing out the importance of emptying the glass. 

The issue with reading about what enlightenment is, is that the 'sense of self' creates a story of what it believes the words to mean... for example God Consciousness might be taken as becoming an all-powerful all-knowing being... See the 'sense of self' will twist the meaning of the words around to fit its idea of enlightenment. ❤

6 hours ago, Consilience said:

Calling it a prison is still being caught in the prison. Love yourself to death, judging it as evil, a prison, bad is just bypassing and still being caught in the prison. 

Much love man ❤️

Yes the prison cell is 'you' and it isn't real, it's an illusion ❤