ivankiss

No Internal Monologue

150 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, m0hsen said:

@James123 "you" are not there yet not even close, stop all these mental masturbations and learn to sit in silence being at peace.

Peace is every moment . Dont need to sit and find the peace. I am the peace. It is clear to see that in order to be at peace “you” need to sit in silence. This is based on conditions still includes lots of ego. Additionally, There is no you to find peace at peace in silence. You still condition based on so called  body. 

You are the peace itself. Get awaken. Stop suffering.

Peace!?

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

1 hour ago, Adamq8 said:

Don’t get me wrong i dont want to be lame or something when asking this.

You couldn’t be lame if you tried. 

This is the final thing i cant shake it is just that..

Like a woman at a urinal, there is simply nothing to shake. 

I just mean that if non duality is true, how can " I " arise out of non existence..

Nonexistence is a thought. Like unicorn. There ain’t one. Existence is not a duality. You are not a duality. 

If it is not two wouldnt non existence be the ultimate always?

There’s no “it”. That’s the implied duality, which there isn’t. You’re shaking nothing. 

is non existence and existence the same thing? Ofcourse language is limited here and this maybe dont make any sense at all

to me awareness IS always and forever. 

What’s really happenin over there? 

Is awareness to you? 

Or is awareness aware of the thoughts, ‘you’, ‘me’, ‘his’, ‘hers’, ‘mine’, ‘my’, etc. 

What is a ‘my’ ‘awareness’? Seen that? Heard that?        Thought that. 

Anybody seen my outer monologue? I seem to have lost it. It must exist, just can’t seem to find it. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

12 minutes ago, Nahm said:

You couldn’t be lame if you tried. 

Like a woman at a urinal, there is simply nothing to shake. 

Nonexistence is a thought. Like unicorn. There ain’t one. Existence is not a duality. You are not a duality. 

There’s no “it”. That’s the implied duality, which there isn’t. You’re shaking nothing. 

What’s really happenin over there? 

Is awareness to you? 

Or is awareness aware of the thoughts, ‘you’, ‘me’, ‘his’, ‘hers’, ‘mine’, ‘my’, etc. 

What is a ‘my’ ‘awareness’? Seen that? Heard that?        Thought that. 

Anybody seen my outer monologue? I seem to have lost it. It must exist, just can’t seem to find it. 

Haha you are awesome!! 

This cleared up alot for this illusory character ?

Just thoughts arising and clinging to,  false identification ?

Thanks bro!

I just return to presence after the outpouring of thought and instantly felt peace and now what u wrote, perfection!

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

14 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Nonexistence is a thought. 

Stop it. No way I am all of this 

No way man ???

@Nahm  how can no thought mean enlightenment? My dog isn't enlightened ( I assume )

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.”

Okay this is an interesting topic. I have an inner monologue, but it's not all the time. And I think I'm pretty normal in that? I don't know? 

My brain is not naturally very verbal or articulate. 

If I'm talking to myself in my head with a voice it's usually induced by some activity. Maybe I'm trying to solve a logical problem or inquire about something. 

If I'm thinking in words a lot chances are it isn't a good thing. I feel I sometimes use them in a way which creates friction and slows me down. 

Most of the time I don't have an inner monologue really. But my monkey mind is still insane, which is they key relevant point that @Leo Gura brought up. Almost 24/7 I have music playing in my mind, or my mind is lost in the repetitive inner visual images. 

---

To illustrate that this notion of "inner monologue" is in shades of gray, consider the concept of "subvocalisation" in regards to when we read. 

When we read, most of us have the habit of hearing the words in our heads. But it's a faint noise. However, you can sometimes read without really hearing the word in your head. And so there is a spectrum between how loud or not loud the noise of a word is in our head, spectrum of duration, differences between how conscious and unconscious it is. Aware of it happening vs not aware of happening, etc. 

TLDR it's wishy washy and not an important concept to me. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

1 hour ago, SamueLSD said:

@Nahm  how can no thought mean enlightenment? My dog isn't enlightened ( I assume )

I don’t recall saying that no thought means enlightenment, if I did I misspoke. I agree with your recognition of truth in regard to that otherwise dog-matic assumption. While I wouldn’t suggest your dog is enlightened, I would suggest it is not possible for your dog to be enlightened, because it is already enlightenment. If a thought arises to the contrary, let it go, don’t be it’s bitch. xD 

Thought is the activity of the finite mind. Thinking and thinker, are belief, and are the looping & perpetuating of this activity. In more intense experiences, rumination, overthinking, anxiety, etc.  Brought to rest though, insights begin to arise within and fill the meditative mind with it’s own true nature of infinity. An apparent series of insights (plural & individual) ensues. The nature of these insights is the inevitably of the finite mind ‘eating itself’, ultimately casting itself aside like a space suit that got you here and no longer fits, and is no longer necessary. 

@Javfly33 ?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

1 hour ago, lmfao said:

Most of the time I don't have an inner monologue really. But my monkey mind is still insane

Great observation. Monkey mind doesn't necessarily talk.

All stories and explanations are false.

19 hours ago, Adamq8 said:

@Someone here question for you bro, do you feel that awareness/conciousness is a byproduct of the brain? :) and If so, the brain simulates GOD realization and so forth, some materialist believes that psychedelic and spiritual experiences is simulated by the brain

This is really a tricky one. It really depends on what do you mean "exactly" by "consciousness". And the answer can vary depending on your definition.  Consciousness can be defined as :

1 - a mental state of being awake and sentient (such as.. he lost his consciousness in the accident and became conscious after a while). 

2-a mental state of being aware of something (such as..he is conscious of the girl’s presence and her scent.. or he is conscious of the pain in his body).

3-a mental state of being aware of and experiencing something with the awareness and experiences of what that something is like occurring (such as consciousness is the awareness and experience of the vision.. sound..emotion..and thought with the awareness and experiences of what the vision.. sound..emotion..and thought are like occurring). 

4-a command center or workspace mental process that integrates other mental processes and enables them to function together (such as consciousness is the center or workspace that functions to direct attention to some signal.. keep concentration on that signal..amplify and integrate that signal..and make information of that signal available to other mental processes).

Neurologists and general doctors usually use the terms conscious and consciousness in the first meaning. General people usually use the terms in the second meaning. Philosophers.. as well as some neuroscientists..usually discuss the terms in the third meaning...and the hard problem of consciousness  is the problem about consciousness in this meaning. The terms in the last meaning are used mostly by neuroscientists.. and the Global Workspace theory. the Global Neuronal Workspace theory (look it up) and the extended theory of global workspace of consciousness  are about consciousness in this meaning also.

There are other.. less frequent usages of the word consciousness. For example.. some use consciousness interchangeably with the mind.. which is considered too broad a usage.. and some use consciousness to mean self-consciousness.. which is obviously too narrow a usage.. Therefore.. You should be careful what the terms consciousness and conscious mean when we  discuss these terms.

In this regard.. . the meaning of consciousness is similar to the third meaning above.. that is.. consciousness is the composite of all conscious awareness and conscious experiences – the composite that has the awareness and experiences of phenomenality (of what things are like) and that itself has phenomenality (manifests what it is like in the mind). This theory deals with consciousness in this meaning because consciousness in only this meaning is phenomenal consciousness.. which differentiates sentient beings from non-sentient beings and differentiates us from artificial intelligence. Without having the awareness and experiences of phenomenality (of what things are like) and without the consciousness itself having phenomenality (manifesting what it is like in the mind).. even the most highly integrated and very capable brain will function just like electronic processes in present-day computers/robots. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho