ivankiss

No Internal Monologue

150 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, ivankiss said:

Ime; enlightenment is when instead of hearing sound you start hearing light.

Instead of smelling scents you start smelling light.

Instead of touching the table you start touching light.

Instead of tasting food you start tasting light.

Instead of seeing colors you start seeing white. 

Instead of thinking thoughts you start thinking white.

Instead of breathing air you start breathing Light.

Pure, divine, infinitely intelligent Light. 

And what is it that sees the light? ?

Very interesting topic. Thanks for sharing@ivankiss

It's kinda funny how most of the comments try to explain enlightenment in their own views. It reminded me of the Leo's "mankind is bullshitting animal" episode :))

Don't say enlightenment is this or that, just do your own inner work and develop your own consciousness, don't try to explain your own egoic mind and ideas to others. Many of the comments in the forum is just that, not very useful or insightful.

1 hour ago, Mohammad said:

don't try to explain your own egoic mind and ideas to others.

don't try to explain your own egoic mind and ideas to others. :)

Edited by m0hsen

13 hours ago, ivankiss said:

and then you find out that there are people who simply do not have an inner voice. An inner critic. An inner tormentor. 

Can you imagine? 

Right now, I can stop all thoughts for a few seconds or maybe even minutes.

Not sure how this works. 

If you experience zero thoughts (which is impossible) .. Just recognizing this fact within yourself internally is considered an internal monitoring. 

You know what I mean?  Just thinking that you are not thinking is still thinking. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

36 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Not sure how this works. 

If you experience zero thoughts (which is impossible) .. Just recognizing this fact within yourself internally is considered an internal monitoring. 

You know what I mean?  Just thinking that you are not thinking is still thinking. 

Do you need thoughts to see?

Do you need thoughts to hear a song?

Of course the afterwards narrative of "I heard a song" is thought.

Actually see if you are still "there" when a song is playing and thoughts don't arise. 

So far nobody has died listening to a song ?

13 hours ago, Nahm said:

That there is an inner voice is the very propaganda of the inner voice. Slippery slope. 

Is it weird that I was thinking about Nahm after finishing reading the OP and there you go in the first post appears ? 

6 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

Do you need thoughts to see?

Do you need thoughts to hear a song?

Of course the afterwards narrative of "I heard a song" is thought.

Actually see if you are still "there" when a song is playing and thoughts don't arise. 

And "who" or "what" exactly "knows" or "verifying" that you are not thinking? A thought ofcourse. If you think you are not thinking.. That's still you thinking that you are not thinking. Otherwise you wouldn't know it ?

6 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

So far nobody has died listening to a song ?

-Osho

It's kinda like the, "let's watch REAL close and see if light is a wave or a particle" experiment thing. Well, what do you know, GODDAMN. It depends on the observer. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

14 minutes ago, Someone here said:

And "who" or "what" exactly "knows" or "verifying" that you are not thinking? A thought ofcourse. If you think you are not thinking.. That's still you thinking that you are not thinking. Otherwise you wouldn't know it ?

What about meditation? What happens there?

You "think" meditation?

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

If you experience zero thoughts (which is impossible) .. 

It depends on person but, Meditate 4 hours a day at least 3 years, if it is not enough, live in darkness and silence for couple years (dont do anything). Just go out when it is necessary. 

Edited by James123

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

@mandyjw do NOT think of a pink elephant ;)

3 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

What about meditation? What happens there?

You "think" meditation?

You go into schizophrenic mode where you can hear that asshole inside your head rambling but becoming the like a second you listening detached. 

-Osho

I don´t think in words. Too lazy. But I don´t see it as a plus. Too little training when speaking to other people. It´s difficult for me to find the right words or end the sentence without jumping to another thought, because of loosing interest suddenly in the first one... 

1 minute ago, Someone here said:

@mandyjw do NOT think of a pink elephant ;)

I don't have to. I already own a pink elephant. Technically it's the dog's chew toy, but still. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@James123 dude it's not possible to stop thinking "completely". The neurons in your brain are constantly firing away and they don't shut down unless you go unconscious (like sleeping or coma). 

-Osho

4 hours ago, WelcometoReality said:

And what is it that sees the light? ?

Light is self-aware :)

4 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@James123 dude it's not possible to stop thinking "completely". The neurons in your brain are constantly firing away and they don't shut down unless you go unconscious (like sleeping or coma). 

Of courses it's possible to reach to a level which thoughts are very little and minor and have almost zero power on you, don't be so interested and identified with them and they will lose power and eventually disappear, I'm talking from my own experience.

Edited by m0hsen

3 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Now you are just trolling buddy :|

7 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@James123 The neurons in your brain are constantly firing away

Ohh wait a minute... Neurons??? Wtf dude!!!??? ?

Edited by m0hsen

Meditation is Not stopping thinking. That's a huge mistake. Thinking cannot be stopped. Give it a try.

Meditation is about reducing the frequency and identification of and with thoughts. 

Alright I'm peacing out and leaving some space for OP. 

-Osho

50 minutes ago, Someone here said:

And "who" or "what" exactly "knows" or "verifying" that you are not thinking?

Lol, actual you! Silence. Nothing. Awareness. 

13 minutes ago, Someone here said:

dude it's not possible to stop thinking "completely".

It’s not possible to start thinking. It’s illusory. There is no thinker. There is no thinking. “Completely” is dream of a thought by ‘what’ is not knowing it is the completeness it is speaking of. Thought attachment used to be a term which pointed to this, and folks would meditate. These days it is just a lob for justification, rationalization, conceptualization, deflection, and projection, apparently. 

The neurons in your brain are constantly firing away and they don't shut down unless you go unconscious (like sleeping or coma). 

Sleep is like death. Distinction between direct experience & a thought is liberation, where ‘you’ find ‘your’ true nature. Lucid dreaming. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE