somegirl

Question for guys - Have you ever wanted to be a girl just to be able to give birth?

117 posts in this topic

Help me find out what you think about pregnancy and being able to carry a new life in your body. Do you think it's beautiful, magical thing and you would want to have such "superpower" or you belong to other group of people who think like: "Thank god I'm not able to become pregnant, pregnancy is so stressful, scary and terrible!"

Edited by somegirl

I wanted to be a girl who never gets a period 

But God gave me periods. :|

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

First time thinking about this idea. So far, hmm, I don't know. I personally seem not to... xD There seems so much pain happening. I really haven't tought about this, but then I don't really want to have children. 

@Preety_India Yeah but it's good cause it shows whether or not you're pregnant (whether you plan to, or not). So it helps 

3 minutes ago, Applegarden said:

First time thinking about this idea. So far, hmm, I don't know. I personally seem not to... xD There seems so much pain happening. I really haven't tought about this, but then I don't really want to have children. 

I assumed guys don't think about this stuff, so it is fun to me to see your opinions hahah. 

Yeah it's much pain, but you get to have a baby which you will raise into self-actualized being! ? (In best case scenario). Jk, well, you come from a place of not wanting kids in the first place so it's only logical pregnancy would not be desirable for you. 

Personally no but it is a beautiful thing indeed. If you enjoy it then i am very happy for you :)

No, it’s painful and I’m not interested in having kids. However being a woman for day can probably be pretty interesting.

Besides as a guy I create life all the time, it just happens to be very simple.

Its a cool thing tho to create humans but just not for me.

On the one hand, I always thought it is very magical and I am a bit jelly that a woman can have that experience. On the other hand ,I am very glad that I don't have to go through the pain of giving birth

Omg 

Am I the only person interested in having children!! 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Preety_India Do you really want it or you think you want it? Because it's easy to take something everyone around you is saying, as your own thought. 

1 hour ago, max duewel said:

On the one hand, I always thought it is very magical and I am a bit jelly that a woman can have that experience. On the other hand ,I am very glad that I don't have to go through the pain of giving birth

I see.

I see lots of replies mentioning pain. It's not like it will last for days and weeks or months even.

It's a one-time thing. After that you just move on and continue with your life normally, you know ?

1 minute ago, somegirl said:

It's a one-time thing. After that you just move on and continue with your life normally, you know ?

I used to think that too. xD

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

28 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

I used to think that too. xD

Really? What changes? 

I was alluding to physical pain btw (that it's a one-time thing, because once you give birth, you stop having pain)

@somegirl I'm pretty sure it takes some time for the body to recover from pregnancy since it's a whole thing but that time differs from woman to woman. Then again I can't say much about it since I have never been in that position. 

I have faith in the person I am becoming xD

https://www.theupwardspiral.blog/

2 hours ago, somegirl said:

Really? What changes? 

I was alluding to physical pain btw (that it's a one-time thing, because once you give birth, you stop having pain)

Physical pain is a very unique experience for each woman and pregnancy, before, during and after. Parts of it are really rough, other parts are absolutely amazing. But I was referring to life never being the same. 

8 minutes ago, modmyth said:

Did no one else have female relatives that told them about the horrors of childbirth, or was it just me? ...

xD That's a thing. We do a horrendous job of psychologically preparing women for birth and motherhood in our culture and it's a common way of airing and passing on trauma. :( 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

I want a kid in the future may be 10+ years down the line but the idea of being pregnant, giving birth, and then recovering from the whole thing scares tf out of me. 

Maybe I'll settle for adoption who knows. 

I have faith in the person I am becoming xD

https://www.theupwardspiral.blog/

I'm happy to not have to make this choice, and have this pressure put on me to find the right person before the age of 40-something, and otherwise the option to have that experience is gone... No thank you, I like my life better without that kind of pressure :D

Besides, the experience of creating life is pretty intense for the man as well, if he's present at birth. So I could still have the experience that people describe as more meaningful than their best psychedelic trip (but comparable).

It's not the same as having life grow inside you though. That's a very special and unique experience I will never have, and have never craved or thought about having.

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

@modmyth I was lucky, my mom shared very little about it, only if I asked. Got a crazy story or two from my mother-in-law but she is funny and sort of told it like battle stories. 

Just for anyone who is scared and also really wants kids someday, DON'T BE. There are SO many options right now. I had an intrathecal shot with both kids and actually giving birth was a total piece of cake. In my opinion epidurals are needlessly demonized. There's also hypnobirthing, and if you're experienced with meditation you can see right through the pain. Your mind naturally focuses and goes inward during labor. There are also pressure points on the low back you can have a partner press on to take the pain away from contractions that work really well, you'll want to train with a partner or have a doula though. Lots of options out there. 

What a weird question, I love it! :D

I have actually never thought about this. I don't really feel like I'm missing or anything. Giving birth to a child sounds like hell (and imagine giving birth to twins or something) and I also think that being a father is usually much easier than being a mother. I'm actually glad that I won't have to give birth.

This makes me wonder though... Girls, have you ever wanted to be a man just so that you would not have to give birth?

beep boop