StateOfMind

truth vs Truth with a capital T.

21 posts in this topic

We know Truth exist, so there is one Truth.

But does talking about it , or putting it into words(which is just a dream and dualistic) make it just truth and not Truth with a capital T. Because it seems that being in the moment of Truth is the only Truth. does that make sense?

maybe the question simply is can we have a truth inside of the dream? like saying someone's perspective on something is more true than someone else's?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It all depends if you write it at the beginning of the sentence or not.

Just kidding😆

I believe Truth is almost impossible to talk about and when someone tries it becomes truth cause it gets dualistic, relative and as u said someone’s truth.

For me a good teacher just know how to point your mind into this frequency and give you the right practices. The rest is just perspective.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, StateOfMind said:

like saying someone's perspective on something is more true than someone else's?

To say something is more true or not is automatically using the presupposition of certain standards. That's where relativism comes into play - for there’s a scale that’s been created. 

For example - if we use certain social, ethical standards to determine the truth, then some actions / perspectives that are morally wrong in some cultures or areas and are actually morally right in others. We can never really say what they are or aren't. How’d we understand what’s the actual truth here, then? 

It is very relative, therefore - you may hold science to be the better truth — while one may accept it as one of the many truths, not necessarily the best truth. 

.

About Truth becoming truth when put into words - yes, that limits it, definitely. Lets use a Venn diagram here - truths are under the Truth - and the means to explore it just becomes your specific truth - and also, the exploration in itself is just a truth, haha.

 

 

Edited by xxxx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, xxxx said:

To say something is more true or not is automatically using the presupposition of certain standards. That's where relativism comes into play - for there’s a scale that’s been created. 

For example - if we use certain social, ethical standards to determine the truth, then some actions / perspectives that are morally wrong in some cultures or areas and are actually morally right in others. We can never really say what they are or aren't. How’d we understand what’s the actual truth here, then? 

It is very relative, therefore - you may hold science to be the better truth — while one may accept it as one of the many truths, not necessarily the best truth. 

.

About Truth becoming truth when put into words - yes, that limits it, definitely. Lets use a Venn diagram here - truths are under the Truth - and the means to explore it just becomes your specific truth - and also, the exploration in itself is just a truth, haha.

i think so too but...

why does it feel like you need some sort of truth to know the Truth?

like the fact that god is infinite is a better truth than the idea of god being Jesus or something?

maybe just my ego playing tricks on me...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, StateOfMind said:

why does it feel like you need some sort of truth to know the Truth?

Or, could we phrase it like this:

An infinite amount of truths cannot help us determine / know the actual Truth because the ideas we have of these truths are very human, and hence, limited in their nature, in the first place.

The Truth is not solely experiential. 

Do you think that your pet cat (hoping you have one) has the same truths as you to help understand / know the Truth? 

.

About the infinite God being a better truth than Jesus as God - why’d you think so? In what way should God exist for it to be perceived as the infinite God?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Truth is The Lie.


If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, xxxx said:

About the infinite God being a better truth than Jesus as God - why’d you think so? In what way should God exist for it to be perceived as the infinite God?

I see your point, but does that mean there is no absolute/objective Truth?

Edited by StateOfMind
/objective

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, StateOfMind said:

But does talking about it , or putting it into words(which is just a dream and dualistic) make it just truth and not Truth with a capital T.

The map is not the territory, yet the map is territory. 

6 hours ago, StateOfMind said:

maybe the question simply is can we have a truth inside of the dream? like saying someone's perspective on something is more true than someone else's?

This seems to be asking if there is an external reality that is more objectively true than another reality. In one context, they are equivalent in that they are both realities within an infinite Reality. In another context, we can create all sorts of constructs. We could say the existence of trees is “more true” than the existence of unicorns, since we can measure and observe trees in ways we cannot unicorns. There is “more evidence” for an overlapping, shared reality of perceived trees than for unicorns. Yet we could also sat that at the quantum level, there would be no “trees”, there would be immaterial / material “energetics”. Yet the concept of immaterial quantumness is also a map that is not the territory, yet is territory. And around we go. . . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, StateOfMind said:

I see your point, but does that mean there is no absolute/objective Truth?

Every thought about the objective reality / truth will be influenced by your subjective perception. So basically, does anything exist outside of you

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@StateOfMind this is really simple, like a cat finding its kitty litter. Okay, so there's truth now. And then after that all you have is your intelligence which is of relative truth simply because our intelligence is extremely far off from maximising itself. I mean we're not doing things that are arguably that much more sophisticated than finding our kitty litter like the cat when you think about it. We don't even have a type II civilization yet.

Anything beyond this, sorry to say, is really just intellectual masturbation going around in circles. After you've maxed out the utility of your intelligence, that's your kitty litter of truth to "ass dump" your best ideology in.

Edited by Origins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, StateOfMind said:

We know Truth exist, so there is one Truth.

But does talking about it , or putting it into words(which is just a dream and dualistic) make it just truth and not Truth with a capital T. Because it seems that being in the moment of Truth is the only Truth. does that make sense?

maybe the question simply is can we have a truth inside of the dream? like saying someone's perspective on something is more true than someone else's?

Well if there is only Truth, what does that say about the "dream". :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, StateOfMind said:

We know Truth exist, so there is one Truth.

But does talking about it , or putting it into words(which is just a dream and dualistic) make it just truth and not Truth with a capital T. Because it seems that being in the moment of Truth is the only Truth. does that make sense?

maybe the question simply is can we have a truth inside of the dream? like saying someone's perspective on something is more true than someone else's?

My definition of Truth is The Quran. 

My relative truth might be limited, but the Quran is complete. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Ibgdrgnxxv said:

My definition of Truth is The Quran. 

My relative truth might be limited, but the Quran is complete. 

You're not a muslim are u?
the quran is just like any other holybook, nothing special, just stories

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2021 at 8:22 AM, StateOfMind said:

We know Truth exist, so there is one Truth.

That is actually not true on both accounts. 


MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Nahm said:

That is actually not true on both accounts. 

Please explain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2021 at 8:22 AM, StateOfMind said:

We know Truth exist, so there is one Truth.

The most impactful response would be to completely let it go because it’s a thought. 

The next best response I can offer is to scrutinize the direct experience these words describe. This might be with questions like...

“What was it like when I experienced a ‘we know’ ?” This seems highly semantically picky, even tedious, but only at first. It might lead to falling in love with inspection. Never know until directly experienced. 

Likewise, if it is said that Truth exists, what is the direct experience of Truth existing? It can be most efficient to write these answers that arise on paper. The mind does not function with seeing and reading the same as it does with thoughts, especially in regard to inspecting, thoughts. 

You can also probe with “what does it mean for something to exist”? And you can help clarify that inquiry (and thus the response that arises within you) with the contemplation of it’s opposite, “what does it mean for something to not exist”?

Then you can question the causation implied with “so”. “What is cause, what is effect”? “What would be the first cause”? What could be the last effect”? “How, in the most literal sense, is a cause different, separate of, an effect”. 

”One Truth”... Lots of ways to approach that thought. Again, the ideal is recognizing it as only a thought and letting it go as effortlessly as it came. COuld also question what the direct experience of this one Truth is, which is referred to, uncovering the distinction between a reference to direct experience and a reference to a belief. 

 


MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, StateOfMind said:

Please explain

Philosophizing. 

ACTUAL LOVE.  Go feel it. So much better then all this talk. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Truth is everything is consciousness. Everything is mind. And since that is the truth, in whatever "sub"truths you believe, it will be proven right to you. Even if you believe that everything is not consciousness. Then it will be proven to you that everything actually is not consciousness. Because everything is consciousness. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

Philosophizing. 

ACTUAL LOVE.  Go feel it. So much better then all this talk. 

 

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

The most impactful response would be to completely let it go because it’s a thought.

I really don't wanna be a dick but... was that truth?

it's really strange because at first i think i'm the one doing the thinking, but when i meditate i really smile at how thoughts pop up, but what's confusing is all of the words that i'm typing right now are not me thinking, they're just thoughts.

i can't wait for my 5 meo trip... to see actual love.

thanks guys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, StateOfMind said:

I really don't wanna be a dick but... was that truth?

Not at all man, I like where your head’s at. I would say yes in the sense silence is that from which realization arises...in the absence of thinking, or, thought activity. 

9 minutes ago, StateOfMind said:

it's really strange because at first i think i'm the one doing the thinking, but when i meditate i really smile at how thoughts pop up, but what's confusing is all of the words that i'm typing right now are not me thinking, they're just thoughts.

i can't wait for my 5 meo trip... to see actual love.

thanks guys

Enjoy. ☺️


MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now