Don Wei

What's the best self help book you ever read ?

16 posts in this topic

If there was one book to learn to solve the deepest problems in your life, and anwser the questions you didn't even know you wanted to ask, what book would that be ? 

Btw I already purchased leo's book list, but i'm not talking about specific categories here, just the most crucial book to read in order to be the best most authentic enlightened version of yourself. What book would you guys recommend ?

The best book i read as a teen and i know by heart because i read it countless times age 14-16 is the wisdom of the peaceful warrior by Dan Millman. It's a perfect introduction to self help, spirituality and other things. 

The most powerful spititual book i read so far (i still haven't read many but that doesn't make it less powerful)  is the new earth - Eckhart Tolle

And if i should put one more to the top is the science of getting rich. The book shows you how to do the actual work. 

So far those 3 books are the most practical i've found. I still haven't read the booklist though. 

new earth - Eckhart Tolle 

but thats a tricky one because if i read  new earth 2 years ago i would not get it . not truly understand it at least like i am now

so there is no real one book because you need many books to take the best parts out of them.. theres bunch of stuff in new earth that i was like'''ughhh i dunno about that''  but then i read other books and all sudden it made more sense

i think asking top 7 books is much better for you than asking for 1

You need to transcend your ego. So to know more about your ego, A new earth or The Power of Now is definitely powerful!

Edited by hyruga

Loving What Is (Byron Katie) is probably the best I've read so far. It teaches you how to investigate your thinking patterns and see your thoughts for what they really are. Powerful stuff.

If you want to learn meditation techniques and theory, Mastering the Core Teachings of the Buddha (Daniel Ingram) is a fantastic textbook-style behemoth of a book. It took me months to read, but was worth it.

And of course, The Religion of Tomorrow (Ken Wilber) is a must-read for being "the most authentic, enlightened version of yourself"! The most inspiring book I've ever read in my life. It covers basically everything from spirituality to psychology.

I'd say one of the most profound books I read was John Bradshaw's, "Healing the Shame that Binds You." I had been locked in shame for years and really had no idea that's what was happening. Once I read the book it was like a tadpole realizing it lives in toxic water and the transition to land and clean air has always been it's choice to make. I had already been into self-improvement for quite some time, but that was the first book that guided me to emotional wellness. 

I am kind of cheating with this one because it's not a book, but, Leo's Ultimate Life Purpose Course is probably one of the best self-improvement programs out there. It will give you such an immense degree of clarity and purpose that you'll be like a magnetic arrow flying through life attracting only the things that serve your life purpose. I did it at the beginning of quarantine and it's fucking spooky how the right opportunities, the right book, the right conversation, the right trip, have just appeared in my life. The percentage of Leo's viewers who haven't done the course is probably terrifyingly low for how powerful it is. 

Edited by Elevated

I wouldn't say there is one, here is a list I'd absolutely recommend to everyone, if I had to simplify it to a few here are the ones I'd give:

50 Psychology Classics; great understanding of one of the most important fields
Mastery; what is NOT mastery? May as well learn how to use the mastery mindset in your life
Living 80/20 Way; a great simple book on how to apply the 80/20 principle in your life
The Alchemist; over 200 lessons if you know how to read it, if not, still a great read
Principles; what is NOT principles? May as well learn how to use principles thinking in your life

For me the obstacle is the way

Its a useful reframe for any life issue or problem. Nothing is bad, it's just an opportunity for something 

The book of not knowing. The book that walked me through opening my mind the most.

@Elevated Really good input

I do really appreciate ur opinion since now in these pandemic times it really get more needed than ever..

The Diamond Cutter: The Buddha on Managing Your Business and Your Life [Geshe Michael Roach]. In the last maybe 5 or even 10 years this book is the most influential for me in terms how I changed my way of thinking and behaviour. Highly recommend to have a look at it. it is gorgeous!

Religion of tomorrow for self-development

Book of not knowing for spirituality

I haven't read many books though