Rilles

Trump Supporters Storming The Capitol! - MAGA Coup Mega-Thread

1,050 posts in this topic

I will support Biden and Harris unless a miracle from up high miraculously alters the situation. I'm still giving Trump the benefit of the doubt, but it certainly looks shaky for him at the moment. Trump will need a divine intervention to maneuver this situation in his direction.

7 minutes ago, Anderz said:

I will support Biden and Harris unless a miracle from up high miraculously alters the situation. I'm still giving Trump the benefit of the doubt, but it certainly looks shaky for him at the moment. Trump will need a divine intervention to maneuver this situation in his direction.

Trump could be raping your mother over Zoom and you'd be like: "It's looking shaky at the moment but let's see where this is going."

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

14 hours ago, Rilles said:

whaaaat is going oooon here

this dude makes some good points. I like what he says about backbone at 01:03:30. When you combine conscious leadership with courage you get great heroes like Martin Luther King, Mahatma Gandhi, Nelson Mandela, etc.

10 hours ago, Emerald said:

I'm trying to get you to realize what you're doing. 

And now you're morphing your original message to something more socially acceptable because you've gotten so much criticism. But I want you to look at your original message and let yourself see the deflection, denial, and false equivalency in it.

But you will not. Your mind is already rewriting your meaning into something that sounds better.

I love this. Why can't everyone be so authentic, socially-sharp, and capable of cut-the-bullshit-communication?!  

8 hours ago, Bando said:

Man history class is gonna be entertaining af for the next generation of kids :D

hahaha but we are the badasses who witnessed this shit live. It's truly a great time to be alive...

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Imagine if Hitler had access to Facebook, YT, and Twitter.

underrated post 

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

In the biggest picture Trumpism is actually good because it will teach society important lessons about epistemology, democracy, social media, and late-stage capitalism. All of these lessons have still not been deeply integrated by most of society. Hitler served an analogous function. These are negative case-studies for posterity. Society learns what is right by fucking up for all to see. It is not enough for us to fuck up individually, we must also fuck up collectively to learn collectively.

People always look at me with a stage look on their faces when I compare Trump's presidency to economic fluctuations. It's simply a collective ego backlash. The trend is upward nonetheless. 

I'm from Germany and when I visited the United States a few years ago I was surprised by how proud Americans are about being American haha

The national flag was everywhere I looked. It's also very apparent in speeches... this is not the case in Germany, in fact, it's quite the opposite. After WWII Germans were even ashamed to wave their flag at sports events. Why? Because we fucked up collectively, which was necessary adversity in order to evolve into the kinda stage green, welfare, etc. state Germany is today.

This is what the USA is missing! 

This is what the USA makes up for right now with all the riots, BLM protests, Trump, late-stage capitalism, corruption, etc. 

Unfortunately, there is a difference between knowledge and wisdom. The actual horror of the past is fading in the collective memory. All over Europe, we see the right-wing coming back...  Just recently there was an attempt to storm the parliament in Berlin: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/31/world/europe/reichstag-germany-neonazi-coronavirus.html

Conspiracies are deceiving, corrupting, and deluding the minds of people all around the world. We need a much better education system, nuanced discussions about epistemology, and conscious leaders! 

#HumanePolicing

Edited by Spiral Wizard

"The journey never ends, the point of arrival is always now." 

Instead of impeachment, they could also use the 25th amendment:

"The Twenty-fifth Amendment (Amendment XXV) to the United States Constitution says that if the President becomes unable to do their job, the Vice President becomes the President." - Wikipedia

Who knows what will happen! This is getting unprecedented.

Edit: I now found that Trump has accepted the certification. So a plausible scenario is that not much will happen,

""Even though I totally disagree with the outcome of the election, and the facts bear me out, nevertheless there will be an orderly transition on January 20th," Trump said in the statement released overnight after Congress certified his defeat." - CNN, Jan 7, 2021

Edited by Anderz

I don't even see how the 25th Amendment applies here. Trump is not unable to do his job. He's just an egotistical asshole. Same as he was for 4 years when he was democratically elected.

Can the 25th Amendment be used on grounds that the President is a pathological narcissist? Because that is really his only problem.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Good point. I think people are overreacting because of the chaotic situation. The 25th amendment is applicable for U.S. Presidents who are incapacitated, and was for example discussed when Ronald Reagan was in hospital after having been shot, but it was never invoked.

Ya

9521D0EA-9C87-41BE-9124-9F372FFED15B.png

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

"I know a time is coming.... All Words will lose their meaning..."

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The US' bureaucracy is too advanced to allow a coup or dictatorship to occur. That's my best bet.

Yes, that’s true. I was thinking about what you taught us about system thinking. That’s what is saving democracy right now. 

If there weren’t those system of checking what’s correct and whatnot Trump would be already in power with the support of his base and the electoral college. 

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

I watched the Trump speech and he did say that they were to go to the capitol, but it never occurred to me that the crowd would storm Capitol Hill. But now when I think about it, Trump must have been aware of that possibility because of all the information he gets from law enforcement and the intelligence community. So that's pretty suspicious! Sure, those who stormed the building could have been agent provocateurs, but even that would have been something Trump would have anticipated. So I'm totally confused about what is going on.

3 minutes ago, Anderz said:

I watched the Trump speech and he did say that they were to go to the capitol, but it never occurred to me that the crowd would storm Capitol Hill. But now when I think about it, Trump must have been aware of that possibility because of all the information he gets from law enforcement and the intelligence community. So that's pretty suspicious! Sure, those who stormed the building could have been agent provocateurs, but even that would have been something Trump would have anticipated. So I'm totally confused about what is going on.

Youre confused because you dont want to fully face the truth, youre like someone in an abusive toxic relationship 'he hit me but he loves me, im so confused' 

Oh, look! 

"[...] it’s only the beginning of our fight to Make America Great Again!"

Really? Is he saying that he will run again in 4 years?

@Consept But something you admit I assume is that Trump is a clever manipulator. He is in it to win (I think win-win but let's assume winning only for himself). Then what would Trump gain by instigating a storming of the Capitol Hill? I don't get it.

Edited by Anderz

Interestingly, the 25th Amendment was brought up by Nancy Pelosi several months earlier:

And former Secretary of Defense William Cohen said that Trump is "long overdue for the 25th Amendment":

Left wing riots against right wing riots

see the contrast...

99DB16F4-6A3B-46E4-8AB3-2AF879F439B2.jpeg

DA85E6E0-0D87-413D-AFB5-E3AEC5F682C7.jpeg

440322C8-476A-42ED-B98A-CF35AA96EE24.jpeg

123957F2-5F01-4B79-A33F-52A5638F8175.jpeg

Some more... 

A47BB724-CA3E-40F0-BB06-31A79C853431.jpeg

59A68742-C603-4DA7-905D-D9469D7AE995.jpeg

76943CF2-6C56-4E52-A96B-781F3A1691D8.jpeg