TrippyMindSubstance

Have any of you seen big energy increases after cleaning up your diet?

13 posts in this topic

I'm at a point in my life now where I'm ready to start trying to eat healthier, the main reason being that my energy levels are generally quite low, but also I constantly get headaches, I have periods where my body feels "inflamed" very often (this usually comes with a headache as well and my body feels hot to the touch as if I have a fever but I don't, and I generally just feel pain in my muscles and joints) and I also experience weird bloating and stuff sometimes where it just feels like my body isn't digesting things well.

I don't expect a change in my diet to fix everything, but I thought I'd add in the extra problems because it would be interesting to hear if someone experienced something similar and actually did see some changes. But like the I said, the main reason I'm doing this is to try and increase my energy levels and I want to hear how some of your experiences have gone in order to help myself set my expectations and maybe to get some motivation too if I hear that some of you have had some pretty drastic results. 

And just to get a sense of where I'm at now, my diet is pretty random but I would say that more than half of my meals aren't "whole foods". I eat a lot of bread, sugary things, ramen noodles, frozen chicken nuggets, pizzas, occasional fast food etc. Maybe one third of my meals are "healthy" but only healthy in the sense that they consist of whole foods, not necessarily things that I have consciously experimented with in order to find out which foods work best for me. 

So yeah, what effects have you guys experienced after shifting your diet to something far more healthy than you were eating before and should I expect a pretty big increase in energy levels?

bro i'm not a Leo or some wizard at diets but from my experience, fasting is the best for ϟ levels, my ϟ levels were titties when i fasted for 6 days and mental acuity and so msny benefits, so many pains gone

imm fasting again the day after tomorrow

gonna fast till i hit 10%

2/3 days salt water fasting then one meal a day then repeat, if i can go longer i go longer

watch snakediet guy on youtube, the one whi shouts, he's mad reputable

watch leo's videos on diet too he got some good pointers

Edited by levani

@TrippyMindSubstance yeah Leo's video on How to Shop For Healthy Food - super recommend.

Once you start eating only healthy food, you'll notice how crappy the unhealthy stuff is and won't even want it.

I find that unhealthy food gives me anxiety as well as makes my face cheeks bigger.

My favs: salad, broccoli, fruit (although I do get sprouted bread from the freezer section as well as some pasta.)

Yeah the healthy stuff is probably a lot easier for the body to process and therefore would take up less processing energy, allowing you to have "more" energy for other stuff

Good job on deciding to try this out!

@levani wow 6 days fast!  I gotta try some fasting for myself sometime to see how that goes! cool!

Edited by PepperBlossoms

Yes of course. One of the big changes eating healthier would make is a significant change in how much easier physical activity gets.

Back in Highschool, Grade 9, I used to eat chocolate chip cookies with warm chocolate milk every single day for breakfast. I had no idea how bad this was for my health. Then one day, my PE (physical education) class had a track and field run that every single student had to participate in. Of course I had my regular breakfast of cookies & chocolate milk. This track and field run was sort of a race, basically whoever gets the best time wins. I was somewhat of a skinny dude back then, and we had 1 or 2 overweight kids in our class of 30 kids total. Guess who placed last in the race? Me. The overweight kids were actually ahead of me, they finished second to last. My time was around 32mins I believe, which is pretty sad.

I'm pretty healthy and fit now, I've been going to the gym consistently for over 8 years now, and hikes/jogs have gotten a lot easier for me.

You should try an experiment. Choose a week where you eat nothing but healthy food every single day. Monitor and journal how you feel. And on the final day of that week, go on a 10min jog or find a hike to go on and see how you do. Then, a couple weeks or one month later, do the same thing but eat nothing but junk food for the entire week. Monitor how you feel throughout the week, and go on the same exact jog or hike and see how you do compared to the first time.

Below is an attached photo of the brand of cookies I used to eat for breakfast, very delicious but garbage.

81zozex2syL._AC_SY741_.jpg

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

3 hours ago, 7thLetter said:

Below is an attached photo of the brand of cookies I used to eat for breakfast, very delicious but garbage.

"The Decadent"

I used to eat chocolate chip cookies with warm chocolate milk every single day for breakfast.

haha!  This is awesome.  I find that a lot of the food marketed as breakfast is complete junk which is crazy in a way because that is how the day starts off.  Cereal - junk.  Regular bread (for toast) in the regular bread aisle - junk.  Coffee - junk.  Donuts - junk.  Tortillas - junk.  Eggo Waffles - junk.  Pancakes - junk.  French toast (all that powdered sugar) - junk.  Muffins - junk.

I started eating broccoli/salad/fruit for breakfast - way better.

Choose a week where you eat nothing but healthy food every single day. Monitor and journal how you feel. And on the final day of that week, go on a 10min jog or find a hike to go on and see how you do. Then, a couple weeks or one month later, do the same thing but eat nothing but junk food for the entire week. Monitor how you feel throughout the week, and go on the same exact jog or hike and see how you do compared to the first time.

This is some high quality advice right here.

Not really all that much.. I wasn't eating very unhealthy to begin with. It's rather that I experience much less inertia after a meal.

1 hour ago, Human Mint said:

"The Decadent"

Haha, just noticed that.

1 hour ago, PepperBlossoms said:

haha!  This is awesome.  I find that a lot of the food marketed as breakfast is complete junk which is crazy in a way because that is how the day starts off.  Cereal - junk.  Regular bread (for toast) in the regular bread aisle - junk.  Coffee - junk.  Donuts - junk.  Tortillas - junk.  Eggo Waffles - junk.  Pancakes - junk.  French toast (all that powdered sugar) - junk.  Muffins - junk.

Yeah its always the high carb, easy to prepare in the morning type foods. I guess that's just how it came to be over the years, people wake up super early for school or work, and just need something quick to get in their system. Throw a piece of toast in the toaster while you brushing your teeth or something or just pour some milk in a bowl of cereal y'know, can't be late for that 9 o clock meeting!

Personally I've been eating a bowl of organic oatmeal every single day for a couple years now and never had an issue with it, never gets old. Tastes great, fills me up and it gives me the energy I need for the day.

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

Absolutely! My energy was extremely low and let's say from 1-10 with 10 being the best it was around 4-5. After making diet changes my energy now looks more like a 7-8 and this is huge. My mood also completely changed. There are alot of changes you can make but the most important i think is to eat as many fruits and vegetables as you can with every meal. It's so simple but also very hard to do at first when you start making this change. 

Oh man totally. What you eat and how you eat makes all the difference in the world. I've seen it happen over and over again ?

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

For me it wasn't a one-time thing where I would have 2x more energy right after quitting junk. It happened more gradually, it took my body a few months to restore but the longer I eat healthy the better I feel and the more energy I have.

I shoot vids about health (https://bit.ly/395NEhj)