Natasha

Hug a Tree Today

23 posts in this topic

An ancient practice proven to improve health and a sense of well-being, and it's not just for hippies :)Especially these days with social distancing when many feel hesitant hugging others, trees provide a safe and beautiful option, they are natural healers. Go hug one and see for yourself. I do :x

IMG_20201111_150326844~4.jpg

I hugged many today. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

23 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

I hugged many today. 

Beautiful :x That tree in the picture, I also feed squirrels and birds under it. Every morning when I go to work, I leave some nuts and seeds for them and it's usually all picked up by the time I return home that evening. My little way to share the abundance of the Universe with my fellow beings : )

8 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

hug a PurpleTree

jk

i will find a tree to hug laters

Haha awesome! :x

7 minutes ago, Natasha said:

Beautiful :x That tree in the picture, I also feed squirrels and birds under it. Every morning when I go to work, I leave some nuts and seeds for them and it's usually all picked up by the time I return home that evening. My little way to share the abundance of the Universe with my fellow beings : )

Those squirrels have also shared the abundance of the universe with you in their hearts by being grateful to you for feeding them. :x

There is one tree in the forest nearby that I hug almost all the time when I'm passing by: 

R0000732.JPG

Amazing practice ??

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

At times, when I’ve hugged trees it felt awkward. The mind might think “This is silly” or “what’s supposed to happen?”. Yet I’ve also experienced deep love while hugging a tree, as if that tree was a friend I deeply loved. I’ve also experienced a sense of connection to all the tree is connected to and all that the tree has experienced in its long life. 

And nature can be an amazing healer. Nature is wise. Nature makes no judgements and has no agenda. 

But it's too cold out to hug trees. :P 

I did give some trees a bunch of high fives on mushrooms once. The branches were like hands reaching out to me and I suddenly realized I couldn't leave them hanging.

Awesome suggestion! I started to make treehugging a regular practice this year. It's amazing what effects this can have...I started smiling and/or crying numerous times when really consciously hugging a tree. It never fails to improve my feeling state and can be deeply touching.

52 minutes ago, eggopm3 said:

But it's too cold out to hug trees. :P 

I did give some trees a bunch of high fives on mushrooms once. The branches were like hands reaching out to me and I suddenly realized I couldn't leave them hanging.

It's still semi warm here on the East coast of Florida. Giving hi-fives to the tree branches sound like a thing to try :x

1 hour ago, Forestluv said:

At times, when I’ve hugged trees it felt awkward. The mind might think “This is silly” or “what’s supposed to happen?”. Yet I’ve also experienced deep love while hugging a tree, as if that tree was a friend I deeply loved. I’ve also experienced a sense of connection to all the tree is connected to and all that the tree has experienced in its long life. 

And nature can be an amazing healer. Nature is wise. Nature makes no judgements and has no agenda. 

Yes :x It's a beautiful and healing connection. I also like to do earthing -  walking barefoot on the ground, grass, sand. The practice makes you feel super free and is also full of health and well-being benefits.

1 hour ago, allislove said:

There is one tree in the forest nearby that I hug almost all the time when I'm passing by: 

R0000732.JPG

Amazing practice ??

That's a magnificent looking tree - looks both strong and elegant. Glad you enjoy this practice too :x 

I love this xD I play with the trees all the time.

make sure to take your shoes off as well as you're at it ^_^ let the energy flow freely from both ends

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Keyhole  that tree can't receive a full hug. xD it would need a blue whale to hug it. xD

2 hours ago, Keyhole said:

Yes!  I love trees!  This one is mine, it was returning my love, can you see its own consciousness?  It is the mother tree in the yard, the largest one:

mWJoZNI.jpeg

Even within the branches, you can see how they gave grown in such a way to let that circle of light in so perfectly.

Awesome shot with the light shining through the branches. That tree looks 'wise' :x 

but for real, hugging a tree or grounding, how do you know some nasty ass insect isn't gonna bite you ?

always wanted to ask this