No_thing

Who wants to live forever?

26 posts in this topic

I was about to go to bed when suddenly it hits me. If i want to live forever i just need to be aways in the present moment. I just realise how i lost my life going foreword and backword in  my mind never been able to stop this folse inpuls. If you want to live the time is Now, with capital N. Now i see it and i feel it, if i can be in the present moment always I'll live forever cuz now is forever. 

Even better, there is no time, and there is no you, to worry about living forever. Enjoy your changeless, eternal Self.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

42 minutes ago, No_thing said:

If i want to live forever

You already have and already are. ;)  

15 minutes ago, fridjonk said:

You already have and already are. ;)  

Not when you're thinking, it doesn't count.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

7 hours ago, Bojan V said:

Who wants to live forever?

Highlander

Ha! That was my first thought as well. Queen!

Loved that show as a kid. Little did I realize the profundity of "There can be only One". 9_9

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

17 hours ago, Gesundheit said:

Not when you're thinking, it doesn't count.

You don´t think. Thoughts arise

1 minute ago, Javfly33 said:

Thoughts arise, but thoughts can also be directed, like a straight arrow to the heart of its target.

I don't, and experience fatigue is the main reason

When you talk to old people, it’s not uncommon for them to say something like, “I’m tired of this life. I hope I die. I just don’t like it anymore.” Now, as a young person, when you hear that, it sounds horrible. You’re thinking, “No, please don’t talk like that, Grandpa. You have so much to live for,” and so on. But from Grandma’s point of view, they have experience fatigue. They have already eaten all the great meals. They’ve already had all the great sex. There’s very little novelty in your life as you get older. And it turns out the novelty is one of the things that makes life enjoyable. So when Grandma and Grandpa say, “I’m ready to go, and really the only reason I don’t jump off a bridge right now is for you guys,” for the family and the loved ones, and maybe even for society if they’re thinking of themselves that way, Grandma and Grandpa are not necessarily depressed, even. They’re just reflecting their experience of their life as an old person. So even though it’s hard as a young person to take that in, it’s worth considering that you’ll be there someday as well.

Edited by Enlightenment

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

19 hours ago, No_thing said:

I was about to go to bed when suddenly it hits me. If i want to live forever i just need to be aways in the present moment. I just realise how i lost my life going foreword and backword in  my mind never been able to stop this folse inpuls. If you want to live the time is Now, with capital N. Now i see it and i feel it, if i can be in the present moment always I'll live forever cuz now is forever. 

Beautiful. Even more so to your insight, there is no ‘other than’ or ‘outside of’ the present moment. So there is no task or work to ‘be in’ the present. There is only the noticing, and inspecting, of thoughts which seem to ‘take us out’. ‘Thoughts’ which can only ever arise, in the present moment. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I don't mind living forever if it means reincarnating after cleaning all my memories and making it "seem like" I'm starting from scratch. But if you mean living this life with my accumulated experiences and It just keeps going forever.. That would be hell.

2 hours ago, Enlightenment said:

When you talk to old people, it’s not uncommon for them to say something like, “I’m tired of this life. I hope I die. I just don’t like it anymore.” Now, as a young person, when you hear that, it sounds horrible. You’re thinking, “No, please don’t talk like that, Grandpa. You have so much to live for,” and so on. But from Grandma’s point of view, they have experience fatigue. They have already eaten all the great meals. They’ve already had all the great sex. There’s very little novelty in your life as you get older. And it turns out the novelty is one of the things that makes life enjoyable. So when Grandma and Grandpa say, “I’m ready to go, and really the only reason I don’t jump off a bridge right now is for you guys,” for the family and the loved ones, and maybe even for society if they’re thinking of themselves that way, Grandma and Grandpa are not necessarily depressed, even. They’re just reflecting their experience of their life as an old person. So even though it’s hard as a young person to take that in, it’s worth considering that you’ll be there someday as well.

Agreed

in a certain sense There is just nothing fun about life after you are 35 lol ?

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

3 hours ago, Moksha said:

Thoughts arise, but thoughts can also be directed, like a straight arrow to the heart of its target.

Targets arise.

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

1 hour ago, Mason Riggle said:

Targets arise.

So much nicer being on the non-pointy side of the arrow. ?

4 hours ago, Someone here said:

in a certain sense There is just nothing fun about life after you are 35 lol ?

Thanks for the reminder. :D

No, the 'you' that is commenting and has opinions isn't going to live forever. It's not even the same one when you're in the dream-state at night. And it was saying completely different things 20 years ago. In a way, it's not even 'alive' now. It's just a mask.

Pretty sure Yoda is post-35, at least he was, before he became timeless.

yoda.jpg

9 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

Does it matter when you're lost in the mind? When you're lost in thinking, "thoughts arise" is just another thought. The qualitative difference of awareness/detachment is missing. Full identification. Deep in the illusion.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

18 hours ago, Enlightenment said:

In addition to that maybe is the boredom that they have accumulated during their lives. 

oh god no, when i die im not coming back again, no way, lol i will stay on the other side and be helping people on earth lol

On 08/12/2020 at 8:43 PM, No_thing said:

Now i see it and i feel it, if i can be in the present moment always I'll live forever cuz now is forever. 

You don't have a choice. You're always in the present moment.

19 hours ago, Enlightenment said:

If older people have experience fatigue, then the only problem they have is lack of imagination, lack of self development, and being a slave to their circumstances. If you're fit and healthy, there's no reason not to keep on living and expanding your experience (so I keep telling myself).

Edited by LastThursday

All stories and explanations are false.