BlackMaze

What is intuition?

54 posts in this topic

'When the mind is silent, intuition will speak. ' ~ Prajapita Brahmakumaris

Intuition is doing the right thing at the right place at the right time through inspiration. This inspiration rises when the mind is still, equanimous and in present moment awareness.

However, a certain amount of austerity is needed for attaining mental equanimity, stillness and be in present moment awareness. This is because the natural tendency of the turbulent mind is to be in past or future, tending to reactivity and negativity, and it takes a bit of practice to orient it in awareness.

Edited by Ajay0
addition

Self-awareness is yoga. - Nisargadatta

Awareness is the great non-conceptual perfection. - Dzogchen

Evil is an extreme manifestation of human unconsciousness. - Eckhart Tole

On 12/5/2020 at 8:34 PM, BlackMaze said:

What is intuition and how can i know that i reached a point that i can trust it? 

In not knowing, there is no actuality of the I and the it and the trust. You might say this is the ‘me who needs to trust something else narrative’, a dualistic layer of self referential thinking which veils the actuality that words like intuition, synchronicity, manifestation, etc point ‘back’ to. To inspect and dispel this ‘layer’, spot dualistic thinking, like claiming knowledge to define a ‘self’, or to uphold ‘self image’ over richness of direct experience, etc. The veil of mundane lifts from ‘day to day’ ineffable magic. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Intuition is all 1st-person mental phenomena that you can't explain.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

it's a dive into the unknown while trusting that there's a safety net. it grows potent as you learn to trust it. build slow and then it's a snowball rolling effect. work upto the stage where you let intuition be the only thing leading your way. #NoMind

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

56 minutes ago, SoonHei said:

it's a dive into the unknown while trusting that there's a safety net. it grows potent as you learn to trust it. build slow and then it's a snowball rolling effect. work upto the stage where you let intuition be the only thing leading your way. #NoMind

Amazing! My teacher is trying to get us to this stage, the frontrunners in our group have been there for a few hours but then went back, but it is supposed to be totally perfect. Do you have any experience of it to share, or some teaching that could help us get there faster? Our teacher use shaktipat only. My understanding is that it's a state beyond the one that all the non-duality teachers are at, because they still use their minds a lot to make decisions and rarely get intuitions.

I can't quite describe intuition.  I just know what it is.

Edited by Null Simplex

Intuition is the missing link between God and man.

Buddhists say insight (intuition) alone suffices, when it comes to knowledge.

Edited by Firebird

3 hours ago, Firebird said:

Buddhists say insight (intuition) alone suffices, when it comes to knowledge.

1 John 2:27 - NLT - Bible

"But you have received the Holy Spirit, and he lives within you, so you don’t need anyone to teach you what is true. For the Spirit teaches you everything you need to know, and what he teaches is true—it is not a lie."

When it comes to differentiating random thoughts and intuitive direction from "God" (since it can be hard to actually do so) it can be hard because anything anyone tells you only directs you away from intuition. 

It's like me asking you, how do you know your earthly father's voice? You know his voice and could pick his voice out from a crowd easily because you've simply been listening to it over and over and over again. The same applies with your heavenly father's voice. Asking it to speak and then sitting in silence (being ok with not being able to recognise it straight away) is highly effective. At least I've found it to be. You want to look for a sense of assurance...or a better word would be peace.

Colossians 3:15 KJV Bible - 

"And let the peace of God rule in your hearts..."

A typical example that is effective (if you had a decision to make) would be to ask the universe 3 questions about the decision

- should i do this thing

- should I not do this thing 

- am I asking the wrong question

Then imagining each scenario and feeling your peace and whichever you have most peace about...you go with it.

That's a really concise, simple way to practice it. After a while you'll be able to just know instantly what is direction and what is distraction.

That's how it went for me at least ??

@Seraphim it's like a muscle so to speak...

The more it's used the more efficient and powerful it gets. 

Get there faster?

You get there right away actually. But it takes time for it to be potent. Start with just going with your gut as often as you can. It is a dive into the unknown. But your power lies in the absence of worry or fear.

Like rollercoaster ride. It can be a new ride for me but I trust 100% in the seatbelt mechanism and I can let go fully and enjoy. Dive right into it.

The key also is to see that fear & excitement are two ends of the same stick. You can choose excitement or fear.

Exactly the same feeling in body. Increased heart rate, body heating/sweating even. Call it excitement.

Be sure to discern saftey/situation of course, but test the waters with your intuition :)

It will take you places.

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

For me Intuition is the same as for the most people who have already posted "Just knowing, without knowing how I know"
I ask myself a question, and I already know the answer even before I've asked it, or just a split-second after the question/thought arised in my mind.

On 2020.12.10. at 6:04 PM, SoonHei said:

work upto the stage where you let intuition be the only thing leading your way. #NoMind

I've read that they practice something similar in zen, when teachers ask their students questions, and students have to reply instantly, without thinking. Teachers start with relatively simple questions like is it day or night, what color are your eyes and go up to harder questions, they say that eventually zen students become really good at just being spontanous, that they can almost instantly give out correct answers.

3 hours ago, meow_meow said:

For me Intuition is the same as for the most people who have already posted "Just knowing, without knowing how I know"
I ask myself a question, and I already know the answer even before I've asked it, or just a split-second after the question/thought arised in my mind.

I've read that they practice something similar in zen, when teachers ask their students questions, and students have to reply instantly, without thinking. Teachers start with relatively simple questions like is it day or night, what color are your eyes and go up to harder questions, they say that eventually zen students become really good at just being spontanous, that they can almost instantly give out correct answers.

I read this too somewhere! This is really interesting. Is there a name for this practice? Or a resource that shows how to actually practice this?