BlackMaze

What is intuition?

54 posts in this topic

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

2 hours ago, Tim R said:

Intuition is having an answer/solution to something without having taken any prior mental (deductive) steps

"I just know"

Not even, "This is something that isn't aligned in my life. I don't even know what to do to align it."?

1 hour ago, Forestluv said:

I’ve noticed the thinking mind often enters and creates a story in a timeline to make sense of intuition. Right brain intuition appears and left brain judgement, rationality, analysis takes hold of it. 

Is that wrong per se? I kinda get that the magic gets lost like a joke isn't funny anymore after analysing it

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

53 minutes ago, Loving Radiance said:

Is that wrong per se? I kinda get that the magic gets lost like a joke isn't funny anymore after analysing it

I wouldn’t say it wrong per se. I’m more curious about the impact on the human mind and body. Quite often, intuition, emotions and intellect are in conflict with each other, rather than being in harmony and co-operating with each other. For example, someone may repress intuition and emotions and get trapped in thinking. 

I remember dating a gal and had the intuition that something wasn’t right. That I shouldn’t be pursuing this. Yet the thinking mind kept entering and repressed intuition and emotions. It creaTed stories like “She is ok. I’m just feeling a bit insecure. Perhaps some fear of rejection. It’ll be ok. She is good for me”. Over and over again for months, my intuition and emotions kept telling me this isn’t right - yet my thinking mind kept rationalizing to continue dating her. After a few months, I started getting physical pains. Repressed intuition and emotions were now trying to get my attention through pain in my gut. Yet my thinking mind kept rationalizing “Oh, it’s just some stress from work”, or “I’ve been eating too many acidic foods”.

This continued for a full year until I got some space. I went to an Ayahuasca retreat in Peru and my thinking mind was shut off for an entire ceremony. My intuition and emotions could clearly communicate what was going on without the interference of my thinking mind. It was very humbling to my intellect and when the humbled intellect return it said “Oops, sorry ‘bout that. Let’s work together to get through this”. The humbled intellect had a key role to play. Yet now it wasn’t running the whole show. The intellect was just one member of the band and willing to work with other band members in the concert within my mind-body.

There is immense wisdom in intuition, emotions, empathy - as well as intellect. Yet the thinking mind often acts like a bully and creates all sorts of internal conflicts.

13 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

This continued for a full year until I got some space. I went to an Ayahuasca retreat in Peru and my thinking mind was shut off for an entire ceremony. My intuition and emotions could clearly communicate what was going on without the interference of my thinking mind. It was very humbling to my intellect and when the humbled intellect return it said “Oops, sorry ‘bout that. Let’s work together to get through this”. The humbled intellect had a key role to play. Yet now it wasn’t running the whole show. The intellect was just one member of the band and willing to work with other band members in the concert within my mind-body.

What else brings the team in harmony besides humbling the intellectual one in the group? Maybe getting the intellectual mind some rest while focusing exclusively on intuition & feeling?

21 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

Yet the thinking mind often acts like a bully and creates all sorts of internal conflicts.

That is kinda self-deceptive. Has intuition the capability to do that too?

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

10 minutes ago, Loving Radiance said:

What else brings the team in harmony besides humbling the intellectual one in the group? Maybe getting the intellectual mind some rest while focusing exclusively on intuition & feeling?

Self love and curiosity come to mind.

11 minutes ago, Loving Radiance said:

That is kinda self-deceptive. Has intuition the capability to do that too?

I imagine it depends on the person. My main challenge has been intellect-dominate.

As well, I would say it can be context dependent. Ime, intuition is timeless, post-rational and transpersonal. I like to integrate this with intellect. In a pure form, intuition can be very impractical at the personal level because it is transpersonal. I guess it could be used as a form of wisdom to guide the human being, yet Ime it doesn’t strategize/plan in the context of personal goals or wellness.

I see it sorta like dreams. My dreams are very ungrounded. They are creative appearances. These dreams are not motivated to figure out how to pay my bills or advance my career. Although they can give insight into some personal dynamic. My intellect could co-operate with dreams as if they are on the same team. Yet my mind pattern is that the intellect generally wants to control the narrative and show. It doesn’t like to share the stage.

8 hours ago, BlackMaze said:

@SilentTears i'm definitely going to trust my intuition and buy a lottery ticket next time :D but how do i know when to trust it? Should i trust it when i feel good and have an intuitive thought? If i have a negative intuition about something a bad feeling about a situation does it mean that i'm wrong? 

Yo man, good day to you! 
glad you are asking these questions and are interested in this path.

You will get the hang of everything as you work along and get to know this path. 
it’s a mixture of how you feel and what your thoughts are. Your thoughts change how you feel. How you feel change your thoughts. Want to change how you feel? Change your thoughts. 

let’s take that lottery example. Are you going into the liquor store with a love, joy, knowing, or intense joy? If so then if you feel like it you can buy a lottery ticket. If you don’t feel like it then don’t. It should arise spontaneously, however you can manifest any situation you want. 
check out : illuminatingJoy -youtube if you want to learn how to manifest.

4 hours ago, mandyjw said:

It can literally feel like a pull to go in a certain direction. Or a resonance with something. To begin with it can feel like an intrusive thought or distraction, that's just the mind automatically judging and dismissing feeling without hearing (feeling) it out. 

This is great! I also used to get that pull about 3-4 times I a day when I went through an awakening. 
it literally feels like you should go right instead of left when you are walking down the street. Go to a store you saw. Text someone you know. Etc. a great book on this is “the game of Life and how to play it” 

If you are going to follow intuition then I would recommend going to the path of ease, joy, love. 
feel the ease of life everyday when you wake up, before you go to sleep and as much as possible. Train your mind to look at situations as opportunities and learn to see the love in everything. It will help you and your intuition abilities a lot(at least for me). 

some resources: youtube: Abraham Hicks, Sapien Medicine, programmed intention, Absolute Power Subliminals(check out his Patreon... it’s free), intention repeater... all great resources. 

A few books would be: infinite possibility - Katherine Jegede

and again the game of life and how to play it. 

what I recommend has to deal with tools to help change your energy which in turn changes your life. 

How you feel is what you experience. Your beliefs and worldview also play a very important role. If you master this you can live any life you want. Good luck

Shfiting world views can be an amazing experience. Go at it! Enjoy the process. The key to life is to enjoy it. 
peace ✌️

I also highly, highly recommend Abraham Hicks. I didn't intellectually make the "oh this impulse is not a personal flaw or tick but is playing some mysterious part in leading me to what I really want" connection until discovering her. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Just a few thoughts about different forms of intuition.

A few points talked about the which direction to take in life or how to best do something. There is also a form of intuition of a knowing, that isn’t personal. I know a Reiki woman that is really good at picking up on “information” on others. She can intuit things about people’s past or their blockages. I’ve had a crude sense of this at times, yet I’m not refined at all. I also knew a woman who could intuite want aI was about to say. She had never experienced anything like it and it kinda freaked her out. Occasionally she would ask “didn’t you just say that a few seconds ago?”. 

There is also the intuition of spontaneity and flowing in the moment. I went on a date with a gal to a museum and for about four hours we were on the same wavelength. It was as if we already knew each other or like we were two pieces of the same whole flowing together. There was no calculating, strategizing or analysis. Nothing like “I wonder if she likes me. Maybe I should do this. Was she just flirting with me?” None of that stuff. Just talking, moving, flirting, innuendos, smiles, eye contacts, energy flows. It was like intuition was running the show and she later said the experience was the same for her. Yet it was all in the moment, only in that moment. Nothing outside the moment like “We go good together. Maybe we are twin flames. We might be good for a relationship”. . . .Ironically, we were not good for each other. In turns out that she was married and had major issues. I had no idea, until the ex tracked me down and calling me with threats. That was the end of that. Yet for those 4 magical hours, intuition flowed and ran the show.

Very interesting stuff... I also had some experiences. I think that this happens often to people but there was some times that i was thinking the same things with close friends. Another crazy experience i had is that i dreamt when i was a kid that my mother jumped from a balcony and then her jaw was broken and then said to me i'm ok. Exactly the next day as she was walking she hitted hard at the edge of a low balcony that see didn't see and went to the hospital. That's not the only thing. At least one more event just as crazy as this happened to me. 

For me its just knowing that I know without knowing how I know it. 

I dont know, you just gotta know for yourself. If not, Its not intuition. 

With time, awareness and practice, the voice of silence will speak louder. Or you will listen more careful. 

Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. - Jeremiah 33:3

https://open.spotify.com/track/4V0rRwRqhFPxSJb40XmKA1?si=lNN5hNRPTxi6zNzzi9gFqw&utm_source=copy-link

4 minutes ago, Kalki Avatar said:

For me its just knowing that I know without knowing how I know it. 

I dont know, you just gotta know for yourself. If not, Its not intuition. 

With time, awareness and practice, the voice of silence will speak louder. Or you will listen more careful. 

You are right! Thank you

On 12/5/2020 at 8:34 PM, BlackMaze said:

What is intuition and how can i know that i reached a point that i can trust it? 

Get in touch with your emotions on the body/sensation level of experience.

It is these feelings that form an emotional language that the body is using to communicate to you. And the intuition is the message that the language of the body carries. 

Once you gain subtlety of awareness relative to those emotional body sensations, the messages of the intuition will become more apparent. 

But you must understand them in their native language. It doesn't work to translate the language of the body into the language of the mind in the form of narrative and logic. You must just feel and let the feeling be the source of knowing.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

@Emerald i agree with you. This is what i thought also. But i made a decision before completely ignoring a strong urge to not do something and trusted logic. I don't regret my decision now. If i had trusted my intuition my situation would be completely different now. It feels that i made the right decision. Maybe it was the wrong one but i guess i'll never know. 

@BlackMaze this question is often on my mind. 

I think intuition is like a "calm knowing". 

The difference with an intrusive thought for me is that intrusive thoughts appear when I'm triggered. Sometimes underneath those thoughts there is an intuition, but I don't usually take what those thoughts are telling me literally. 

For instance, I may feel in fight/flight energy and my mind may tell me: "this isn't right, you should leave". But that's not an intuition IMO. If I relax, I can further inspect what's happening and I often find out that I don't really want to leave, I'm just scared of something.