Chimera

Still don't understand how I am god

49 posts in this topic

It's been several months since my first viewed Leo video. He wasn't the first person from which I heard or read that we are the universe/god/love, but he was the first to explain it in a way I could begin to understand what it means. But my understanding is still very limited.

I do not get how we are ''god''. Sometimes I think I finally get it, but I always forget about it as I go own with my day and my responsibilities, as if I slowly come back down to earth from my little ''illumination'' cloud.

If my reality, including the physical world I am in right now and which I am interacting with is only a illusion, as if it was only another layer of imagination, but more ''rigid'' than the traditional imagination we tend to think about, why can't I have control over it? If I have no control over my illusion of ''I am a human living a human life'', how is it different from being born into a physical/mechanical world with no creative power behind it, and the circumstances of our lives are pure randomness? If I am the universe and nothing exist outside of my perception, but I have no power over it, then how is it different from just being part of a world where I am separated from everything? Of course, I can influence my quality of life by making decisions and taking actions... But I have no direct control over the universe. I can't jump 10ft high, stop eating forever, modify the law of gravity, make a million dollar appear in my bank account...

It doesn't matter if you are a very ego driven person living constantly in a survival mode or an illuminated saint who feels pure bliss simply by being. You are not god...I am not god/universe/divine love.

Well, there is no real separate self, so all words pertaining to it are just a story, but anyway... There might be an identification there with someone who thinks they aren't God. That's just what's apparently happening. No problem.

What is? What is, is what is. What is, is what some of us call God. If you are, you are God. God is everything, including the apparent experience of being someone who has "forgotten" they're God, or imagines oneself to be other than God. If there were something other than God, then God wouldn't be God by the definition we're using here: all there is. The only means for discrimination and discernment is limitation -- God limits itself infinitely, in order to be and experience everything. You have a front row seat to one of those limitations -- your life -- since after all, you are God.

To realize this directly generally requires meditation and/or psychedelics, and time.

Edited by The0Self

48 minutes ago, Chimera said:

But I have no direct control over the universe. I can't jump 10ft high, stop eating forever, modify the law of gravity, make a million dollar appear in my bank account...

Actually breatharianism seems to be a real thing. It's beyond me but apparently it is possible. So I wouldn't be so sure xD

Regardless, your limitations are PART of the illusion. You are God, imagining themselves to be a human with limitations. That's part of what you wanted to experience.

Limitations aren't bad. They're only "bad" when they're unconscious and no longer serve.

58 minutes ago, Chimera said:

why can't I have control over it?

You do. That's what "you create your own reality" and "manifestation" means.

58 minutes ago, Chimera said:

I do not get how we are ''god''. Sometimes I think I finally get it, but I always forget about it as I go own with my day and my responsibilities, as if I slowly come back down to earth from my little ''illumination'' cloud.

Don't intellectualize it too much. Stick on your spiritual practice.

Exodus 34:14 

Do not worship any other god, for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God.

In the Old Testament, we have "Yahweh". Yahweh is this powerful fellow who thinks he's god but acts like an angry child having a tantrum a lot of the time. 
-------
The ego isn't god (it is, but this is misleading to say unless you be careful about it or grasp it. Otherwise you wonder why it is you can't modify the laws of physics or perform magic tricks).

But unfortunately, people have projected much ego onto their understanding of god. And it permeates these holy scriptures often. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

Several months? Don't stress man, no one realizes god that fast.

1 hour ago, Chimera said:

If I have no control over my illusion of ''I am a human living a human life'', how is it different from being born into a physical/mechanical world with no creative power behind it, and the circumstances of our lives are pure randomness?

If you inspect closely enough, a materialist world is not only unproveable, as you cannot test something outside of consciousness, but actually inconceivable. 

I think you need to stop looking at all the things that seem to not be in your control, and realize what is in your control.

What is reality? Mind. Perspective. What is the point of all of this work? Mastering your mind.

You can only 'control' the mind by letting go of the need to control it. What does the fact that you can't control things like you are Jesus have to do with anything anyway?

Are you open minded enough to consider that this 'rigid' reality where you seem to have no control IS exactly what you, consciousness ( because that is all YOU are ), intended it to be? 

It doesn't matter if you are a very ego driven person living constantly in a survival mode or an illuminated saint who feels pure bliss simply by being. You are not god...I am not god/universe/divine love.

How are you separate from universe?

Have you considered why such a saint is feeling pure bliss?   

If you truly want the truth, be more sceptical of scepticism. 

Edited by SamueLSD

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.”

how is it different from being born into a physical/mechanical world with no creative power behind it, and the circumstances of our lives are pure randomness?

Albert Einstein, Max Planck, Niels Bohr, Erwin Schrodinger, the godfathers of quantum physics, all suggested that an observer may affect the observed, and some later concluded that consciousness is a fundamental aspect of the universe. I am referring to this because these people were hardcore materialists. Everything, when inspected closely enough, or 'zoomed out' enough,  points toward infinite consciousness.

These people, along with all the enlightened masters you know, weren't trying to prove anything, they were trying to find truth with no bias. 

If you can make a whole post doubting non-duality, make one doubting materialism - if you are really dedicated to the true nature of yourself / the universe.  

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.”

28 minutes ago, aurum said:

Actually breatharianism seems to be a real thing. It's beyond me but apparently it is possible. So I wouldn't be so sure xD

Well....you get my point XD!!!

30 minutes ago, aurum said:

You do. That's what "you create your own reality" and "manifestation" means.

I stopped believing in everything ''manifestation'' or ''law of attraction'' recently. I came to a realization that it only gave me an excuse to not act/work towards my objectives, because ''If I believe I already have it, it will come on its own!''. Very destructive state of mind. If we have a goal, we need to work to realize it and all the actions you take will help you go closer to it (self fulfilling prophesy). Way more productive and rewarding then torturing myself to try to understand why am I attracting bullshit in my life. 

30 minutes ago, SamueLSD said:

What does the fact that you can't control things like you are Jesus have to do with anything anyway?

Just giving examples to explain my point... I don't actually wish to jump 10 ft high.... but it would be awesome xD

It depends on your definition of 'God'.

If your definition is that of an old man with white beard high up in the sky, then you are probably not that God.

I have no idea what God is and why we call ourselves God so I shall stop here. 

1 hour ago, The0Self said:

Well, there is no real separate self, so all words pertaining to it are just a story, but anyway... There might be an identification there with someone who thinks they aren't God. That's just what's apparently happening. No problem.

What is? What is, is what is. What is, is what some of us call God. If you are, you are God. God is everything, including the apparent experience of being someone who has "forgotten" they're God, or imagines oneself to be other than God. If there were something other than God, then God wouldn't be God by the definition we're using here: all there is. The only means for discrimination and discernment is limitation -- God limits itself infinitely, in order to be and experience everything. You have a front row seat to one of those limitations -- your life -- since after all, you are God.

50 minutes ago, aurum said:

Regardless, your limitations are PART of the illusion. You are God, imagining themselves to be a human with limitations. That's part of what you wanted to experience.

Limitations aren't bad. They're only "bad" when they're unconscious and no longer serve.

38 minutes ago, SamueLSD said:

I think you need to stop looking at all the things that seem to not be in your control, and realize what is in your control.

What is reality? Mind. Perspective. What is the point of all of this work? Mastering your mind.

You can only 'control' the mind by letting go of the need to control it. What does the fact that you can't control things like you are Jesus have to do with anything anyway?

Are you open minded enough to consider that this 'rigid' reality where you seem to have no control IS exactly what you, consciousness ( because that is all YOU are ), intended it to be? 

@The0Self @aurum @lmfao @SamueLSD Ok... so i am not my human identity (ego), but someone/something which is imagining right now being a human in a world limited by seemingly physical law and life circumstances. I do grasp this idea.

But are you guys happy knowing that? I mean, even if you live your life with this ideology, you will still one day or another suffer physically, mentally and/or emotionally. You do still have an identity to take care of (protecting yourself from danger, making sure all your needs are fulfilled, knowing and loving yourself) and other responsibilities.

You still have to play the game you imposed yourself until you die...

@Chimera Seems like too much thinking and complex variables. I would simplify it down. Perhaps start with getting in touch with detached witnessing and contemplating something more straightforward like "everything" or nonduality. "God" is a super loaded concept with a lot of prior conditioning. 

@Chimera 

"But are you guys happy knowing that? I mean, even if you live your life with this ideology, you will still one day or another suffer physically, mentally and/or emotionally. You do still have an identity to take care of (protecting yourself from danger, making sure all your needs are fulfilled, knowing and loving yourself) and other responsibilities."

I answer with the question: are you happy not knowing? Not just 'are you ok with not knowing', but have you found clarity and are you absolutely content with just playing with concepts instead of actually knowing the nature of this marvellous mindfuck of an existence?

This is not a belief or ideology - the very essence of consciousness work / self development is deconstructing all the beliefs you hold to allow what is true to arise. Although it may seem like a harmless error of terminology calling it an 'ideology', you must be careful, as that is exactly what we are avoiding.

You are ego as ego is consciousness ( 'I', 'You' ) , but you are not limited to ego. The Knower and the known are not separate. 

Yes, you still have to 'play the game' (That's the best part), but you have a choice to do so with effortless peace, clarity, and love . 

Honestly, I'd suggest waiting on concepts like God and Divine Love for now, like @Forestluv said, and focus on the fundamentals. That's what I'm doing personally.

Yeah, law of attraction can be toxic. I see it more as a practice in visualizing what you want to achieve. That‘s really powerful. But of course you have to do the work then, too.

What about this: You are God, but deliberately forgot that you are. Because else it would not be possible to experience such a solid reality. And of course you can‘t just undo this, because it is your higher will, of which you are not fully conscious right now, to keep experiencing this „solid“ world - to do what you came here to do.

The Secret of this Universe is You.

my music

It's much simpler than you think. Whatever you think about reality, is already false. Your thoughts are the only limitation you can impose upon reality. If reality can be this way, what could prevent it from being any other way?

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

You're not going to get it. Take psychedelic.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

9 hours ago, Chimera said:

Investigate what you are made of in a literal sense. Look into science, quantum mechanics. It’s much more about realizing and releasing misunderstanding, misinterpretation of reality & misidentification of self, than it is acquiring  ideas & beliefs and trying to remember them. 

If my reality, including the physical world I am in right now and which I am interacting with is only a illusion, as if it was only another layer of imagination, but more ''rigid'' than the traditional imagination we tend to think about, why can't I have control over it?

In learning about reality, namely QM’s, it begins to be realized there is not a separate object, ‘you’ , which has or does not have control over ‘reality’, as in ‘other separate things’. The word nonduality points to ‘not two’. For example, look for the separation between things seen, the seeing, and the awareness of the seeing. Similarly, look for any actuality of the ‘layers’ you mentioned. Be incredibly open minded, such that you consider it might not be that you don’t have control, but that control is a concept rather than an actuality. A thought, basically. Inspect thoughts, notice each thought seems to have meaning, only by referencing what it is not. Such as up loses meaning when you take away down, and down has no meaning without the subtle indirect reference to up. 

If I have no control over my illusion of ''I am a human living a human life'', how is it different from being born into a physical/mechanical world with no creative power behind it, and the circumstances of our lives are pure randomness?

How do you know control is not the illusion? To have ‘control over your illusion’ is already to believe you are separate. spect, rather than assume. Inspect beliefs, such as “I was born”. Let assumptions go, and inquire into the actuality, or direct experience. Did you actually experience being born, or is it a belief? Again, this requires incredible open mindedness, which in large part means when thoughts arise in regard to what you’re sure you know to be true, you relax and let such thoughts come & go, rather than continuing to belief them. Inspect for what is actual. 

If I am the universe and nothing exist outside of my perception, but I have no power over it, then how is it different from just being part of a world where I am separated from everything?

Notice subtle assumptions. Is your thought about nothing from direct experience, or an assumption. Is perception actually ‘yours’. Does ‘power’ even actually exist. What is it. How is it such that ‘you’, could have ‘it’. What does qm’s reveal about ‘parts’. 

Of course, I can influence my quality of life by making decisions and taking actions...

How do you know those hindsight thoughts aren’t a facade, such that there is only the belief you’re doing any of that. What if it’s happening, and in believing the thoughts, you’re believing you’re doing, making decisions, etc. 

But I have no direct control over the universe.

How are you separate of the universe. What is a universe. What is control, beyond a thought / idea. 

I can't jump 10ft high, stop eating forever, modify the law of gravity, make a million dollar appear in my bank account...

If thoughts freely come & go, without attachment / believing them, how is it known you are the person, the “I” which can’t jump 10 ft, which eats or does not. How would you prove you are the body, rather than the gravity, the million dollars, the bank account. Without beliefs, what is an identity. Ever seen or heard an identity. 

What does what you are have to do with God or anyone else. What is an ‘ego’, ‘living’, a ‘person’, ‘survival’, a ‘saint’. Sort assumption from direct experience. What is bliss. What is being. What is divine love. What is the evidence you are not. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

God is an infinite, eternal being which is constantly dreaming itself into existence using infinite mind. Which is exactly what you are doing. You just aren't conscious that you're doing so because you believe you are a human in a physical universe.

Try looking at the world without the background belief that you are a human inside a physical world.

For example, try looking at your body without assuming that it is a physical human body. Try to imagine that the skin on your body is made out of cosmic-stuff or mind-stuff, not physical matter.

Notice that your hands are God's hands, made out of pure eternal consciousness. You are the conscious universe looking at itself.

14 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

God is an infinite, eternal being which is constantly dreaming itself into existence using infinite mind.

yes but what is god if he stops dreaming? God is the dream and the dreamer, he is like a dream machine, dreaming is in his nature (ours to be precise), it is like his mission. why? Why it exists ,the first question. it's the only one? when manifesting as infinite by definition it is unique ... within what we can conceive. but is that all? when manifesting as timeless it is uncreated, but in no time what does that mean? Why does God have to exist and be the only thing that exists? Maybe it's only the limit that we can perceive

2 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Why does God have to exist and be the only thing that exists?

Because God is consciousness, and consciousness has no opposite. Absolute un-consciousness is impossible.

4 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

yes but what is god if he stops dreaming?

Then God is an infinite singularity of Love.

it is like his mission. why? Why it exists ,the first question.

Love

It's super-obvious once you get it.

Why does God have to exist and be the only thing that exists?

Because it's EVERYTHING.