Javfly33

Are all thoughts untrue?

17 posts in this topic

I remember when I started healing and self-actualizing i began to become aware that nearly all of my thoughts were the ones which were causing me anxiety and social anxiety.

I started to become aware that If I inspected them they were not true. And once I saw there weren't true i was able to let them go

This makes me realize that when we are attached to certain thoughts that do not serve us, it's because we still think they are TRUE.

What brings me to the following question, "what are 'true' thoughts"?

Are all thoughts for the mere purpose or survival (physical or the ego) and in reality there are no true thought at all?

If you ceased to have thoughts, will you have truth or falsehood? 

A 'true' thought is the thought that calls itself true. 

A 'false' thought is the thought that calls itself false.

If thought is the arbiter of what is true and false, how can you trust your thoughts?

Some of them might be true given the context they are relating to.  

Give me one thought that cant be changed depending on context. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

All are both true and untrue, it's easiest to focus on how aligned your thoughts are by how they feel rather than looking for outside objective truth. 

Incredibly painful thoughts can bring to light deep but unseen, or misunderstood desires or intuitions. The same thought can be thought again and understood, but of course when it is it will feel amazing. Clarity is inseparable from the feeling of the thought. Align with feeling first. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

I am a human being?

I am typing this?

This is the now.

I am thinking now.

Are these thoughts true?

Thoughts are Truth. Just like the tree you see is Truth. It is a part of your perception.

But thoughts being true or false is only a belief either way. I’m sure your thoughts want you to believe they are true; but whether or not they are true is relative to understanding. ultimately they are neither; thought is just thought. take ‘em with a grain of salt

Thoughts are just thoughts, that is what is true about them

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

This question is false because it's presented in a non-contextual manner, and without context, there cannot be answers.

The relationship between thought and truth is 100% contextual. You cannot define truth without a context. Before the context existed, truth was impossible.

Edited by Gesundheit

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

They are partially and relatively true. Assuming you're thinking well.

Your thoughts are true from a certain point of view.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

They are partially and relatively true. Assuming you're thinking well.

Your thoughts are true from a certain point of view.

So their truthness depend on what subjectivity your looking from? Right.

If you are a socially awkward poor confidence person you might think "they are looking at me, they think I'm moving weird".

And if you are a super confident guy you might think "oh I'm going to nail this speech" and then the thought 'they think I'm moving weird' you just let it go/doesn't even arise

Which thought is true? It seems none since their Truthness depends on their subjective identity and the sole purpose of truth is that it must be objective .

@Nahm If I got it correctly, your phrase is totally relative. Since if I think you are saying the truth, then it will be false. And I'd i think you are lying , then the statement will be true. The meaning of your phrase depends entirely on my view.

And I think that's what reality is when we operate with thoughts as they could be tools for objetive Truth. We create subjectivity thinking there's such thing as objectivity with mind. Then shit happens. 

2 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

If I got it correctly, your phrase is totally relative. Since if I think you are saying the truth, then it will be false. And I'd i think you are lying , then the statement will be true. The meaning of your phrase depends entirely on my view.

Yep. Like the meaning of relative. If this is the truth, this is not the truth. If this is not the truth, this is the truth. Meaningful is meaningless, meaningless is meaningful. 

And I think that's what reality is when we operate with thoughts as they could be tools for objetive Truth. We create subjectivity thinking there's such thing as objectivity with mind. Then shit happens

? That does seem to be happening. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

"Hitler was a good guy" is true from a certain POV. "Hitler was a bad guy" is true from another POV.

Which way was Hitler really? He was all the ways in which people preceive him.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Yes all thoughts are untrue. But reality in my experience includes the experiences of thought too, so thoughts are true but only in the context of reality, when considering thoughts by themselves and outside the context of the situation then they miss the point.

Join a conversation, there is no threat there is there? So there is not really an aspect of survival is there? In this context thoughts play a role and are one of your means of enjoying a conversation. Otherwise you would suffer in the so-called limbo of fake-non-duality.

Edited by TripleFly